Join Date: 11-14-2009
Location: Morristown, Tennessee
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 53
How to Install a Dynojet Quickshifter on CBR929/954
Note: You must have a PCIII USB version to add a quickshifter. It will not work on PCIII or PCIIIr versions.
Installation of a Dynojet Quickshifter (4-102) on a CBR929/954. You will also need shift rod A (part#3210460) from Dynojet. You must have the CD that comes with the quickshifter to complete the install.
Tools required: (2) 10mm wrenches, (1) 8mm wrench, Hacksaw or Dremel, wire ties
1. Place your bike on a rear stand. This make accessing the shift rod mechanism much easier. Make a note of where your shifter is set as a reference point for later.
2. Using your 10mm wrenches hold one end of the shift rod(pic 4) and loosen the lock nut. Repeat on other end of shift rod.
3. You should be able to turn the shift rod(pic 4) to remove it from the bike but DO NOT remove the lock nuts.
4. Now you need to cut (1) piece off the shift rod A from Dynojet. Use a hacksaw or dremel to cut at the first line on one end.
5. Thread the quickshifter onto the shift knuckle and hold it with an 8mm wrench and tighten the lock nut with a 10mm wrench. Make sure the cable is pointing towards the motor.
6. Now thread the shift rod onto the quickshifter and the other end of the shift rod mechanism. You want just a little play in the shifter. Not too tight or too loose.
7. Once you are satisfied with the shifter position and hold the shift rod with your 8mm wrench and tighten both lock nuts on each end.
8. Now run the cable up between the water pump and front spocket cover. I placed one wire tire at the bottom and one at the top here. Continue to run the cable up by the servo and above the frame and under the gas tank. I had to loosen the rear tank mount to get the plug under it. I ran the cable along with the other wires down the left subframe rail to the rear of the bike.
9. Plug the connecter into the expansion port on your PCIII USB.
10. Now place the CD in your computer. A box will appear asking if you want to enable the quickshifter feature of the PCIII. This is why you must have the CD. Without it you can't enable the quickshifter. You can now remove the CD.
11. Open your PCIII software while connected to your bike. Now under Power Commander tools you should see the quickshifter feature. Click on it to adjust the minimun RPM for the system to work and the killtime. Stock settings are 6000rpm and 65ms. I did not mess with these settings.
12. Re-send your map with these settings to your PCIII and you are ready to ride.
I have to say this is by far the best mod I have done to my bike. The shifts are super smooth and you will be amazed at how fast the bike shifts. No more thinking about your shifts. Just watch the tach and tap the shifter. I performed several redline shifts from 1st-2nd-3rd today with no problems. This is going to make drag racing so much easier and is also useful on the street.
03 CBR954 - Hindle High Mount & Ceramic Evo Muffler, PCIII w/Hub&Quickshifter, Custom Tune 146.5HP/71, 40 Shot NOS, BMC Race Filter, Factory Pro Evo Shift Kit, Undercut Trans, Air Shifter, EK ZZZ 520 Chain -1/+5 Superlite Sprockets, Swingarm Extensions, Racetech G2R Gold Valves, GPR V4 Damper, OE Solo Cowl, Adj Lowering Link, Shinko Hook-up Tire
Last edited by backdoc; 03-04-2011 at 5:46 PM.