Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Hi to all the other Aussies out there

1M views 3K replies 182 participants last post by  Bonresa 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd at least put something in the Aussie section, so any aussies here, drop in and say G'day.

We'll even let bacchus in, ok? :D

#11 ·
Ah yes that
Well unfortunately we all don't have blond bombshell fiances that buy us three day passes plus accomadation.
A BBQ might be fun, or better yet
MPMC twilight ride meetup :cheers2:

Has Zee got his bike yet, all you blue 954 riders could ride down

#12 ·
Will said:
Ah yes that
Well unfortunately we all don't have blond bombshell fiances that buy us three day passes plus accomadation.
A BBQ might be fun, or better yet
MPMC twilight ride meetup :cheers2:

Has Zee got his bike yet, all you blue 954 riders could ride down

The twilight rides are open to anyone, so it could be a good option, they normally ride for approx 1 hr then stop have tea, talk some sh#t and head off when ever you feel like it.

There is an all day ride this sunday, any takers?

#13 ·
Yeah this sun might be ok
Weather is suppose to be hot with thunderstorms though
where too? (I have the book just not with me)

Oh yeah all Melbournians take care along beach road as the fuzz is on a major blitz
Zop just missed out wed night but they got another bloke for over $300 worth of fines. Guess which one was the highest?
Not having a reflector on his back plate! $165! WTF?

#20 ·
G'day all. Bout time we had our own section back.

Yeah last night met up with about 17 others from the 250.com forum and after having a bite to eat we all headed out along Beach Rd (St. Kilda, Melbourne) and the cops are all out with a blitz on bikes. One of the guys who was second from last got pulled up by the cops and they got him for not having a rear reflector $165 WTF and also another $105 for still being on restrictions while riding an R6. He wasn't too fussed about the restriction fine, but $165 FOR NO REFLECTOR, that sux big time. Why not just canary the bike and let him get it fixed like they do with a car?

So be careful out there (in Melbourne), they are after us.

#21 ·
They can still fine you $165 for driving an un roadworthy car, it's just most the time thay don't bother, unless you have an attitude problem.

Guess I'll be putting the reflectors back on my 954 and the missus's 250 :idunno:

#22 ·
that sux. I had a yellow canary on mine for having the mud flap (fender) cut. I wouldn't want to be pulled over at the moment with the undertail on the blade. Let's see, no mud flap, reflector, number plate light, indicators not spaced out enough, rego sticker and that only covers the rear of the bike. :rolleyes:

#23 ·
omen137 said:
that sux. I had a yellow canary on mine for having the mud flap (fender) cut. I wouldn't want to be pulled over at the moment with the undertail on the blade. Let's see, no mud flap, reflector, number plate light, indicators not spaced out enough, rego sticker and that only covers the rear of the bike. :rolleyes:

I don't think I've ever seen a canary on a bike, where did they stick it?

I know where you probably wanted them to stick it ;)

#24 ·
ratter1 said:
They can still fine you $165 for driving an un roadworthy car, it's just most the time thay don't bother, unless you have an attitude problem.

Guess I'll be putting the reflectors back on my 954 and the missus's 250 :idunno:
Took me a while to work out what a reflector was, then I got it. I thought it'd be too much trouble to worry about taking the thing off anyway? $165 is a friggin joke for a simple piece of plastic though. They can justify it as a "safety" issue, so they do what they want. What a joke. Ah well, I haven't taken mine off nor would I bother anyhoo, I've just got to come up with some custom tail section thing to make it look a bit better etc.

#25 ·
Hey Futant where ya from? (sorry if i should know)

Hey Omen saw you again the other day on npn, in the car and you were lane splitting.
Gonna grab ya but you past before I had a chance

You lowered your gearing right? worth it? Thinking about it that's all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.