Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

drag racing link ?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CBR929RE 
#1 ·
Hello I plan on doing ALOT of drag racing on my bike this season and I already have a front strap but was wondering if I get a lowering link that is fully adjustable is it easy to go from stock to lowered for racing & then back to stock? The reason I ask is because I still love to ride back roads fairly aggressive so I don't want to compromise that i just want the best of both worlds thanks for the help. Also where would be a good place to get that type of link that is quality made thanks again

#2 · (Edited)
I haven't gone back and forth with mine but it seems easy enough. from fully lowered just loosen the inside nut and tighten the outside. I imagine if I were to lift it back up it'd be a good idea to get the weight off the swingarm (had to have it swinging freely when putting the link in). Basically just lift it up and put a rod through the swingarm mounting bolt and put some jack stands under it. I got mine from schnitzracing.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.