Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Drag racing 929

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  slodsm 
#1 ·
I'm taking the bike (stock 929) to the strip for the first time Saturday. I weigh 135lbs, so I expect a lot of wheelies. Should I try to adjust the suspension/damping? If so, I don't know how so please help in simple terms.

Do factory tires need a burn-out for better traction?

#6 ·
Do a burnout, the track is a lot different than the street. Do not doa 30 second smoke show, you need about 5 seconds at 6k or so and it will be ready to roll. If you can strap it, do it, it will make life so much easier.

Your first run will make you plenty nervous so just concentrate on leaving just a little harder than you normally would at a stop light. If you get out of your comfort zone to quick, you can hurt yourself.Trust me, a slow time is a lot less embarrasing than 12ing your bike at the lights and wrecking it. Once you start getting used to it, bring the revs up a bit more each time and use the clutch to modulate power, not the throttle. The most important factor is practice. The times are made in the first 60 feet of the track so you need to concentrate on the launch and let the rest take care of itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.