lighting questions - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Electronics Discussion of Motorcycle Related GPS, Audio, Video, Radar Detectors, Lap Timers, Communicators, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-01-2017, 2:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

lighting questions

hey guys, I was in a bad wreck a while ago and now feel that im a bit paranoid but I'm attempting to make myself more visible at night, I added some reflective wheel tape, and I'm adding an HID low beam for the 929. my next stop was to add a brake light modulator so i can get a few strobe pulses for the brake light to try and grab some attention. When I bought the 929 the PO had put some red underglow lights on it which I dont really care for but was thinking that maybe I can incorporate them into the modulator and brake light to cause the underglows to strobe when im braking at night, maybe have it controlled by a switch so I can leave them off during the day, anyone ever tried this? do you think I will run into any issues drawing that much power through the brake light harness? Thanks guys, also other options/opinions on attention grabbing features? I would rather be obnoxious and seen than hit at 55mph again. thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-01-2017, 4:13 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

Re: lighting questions

Hi Josh, not sure how the law affects in different States in US , but came across this Bill
https://www.customdynamics.com/motor...ht_flasher.htm
post #3 of 4 Old 01-01-2017, 5:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

this is actually the one I'm planning on getting,

Thor ? A Programmable Brake Light Modulator | Lakeside Electronics, LLC

just not sure if the strobing bulbs and led underglows will pull too much power for that rear harness, I should know the law for underglows since i work for my local police department, but to be honest I dont know if the strobing is a problem or not, as long as it cant be seen from the front of the bike I think it will be fine, just unsure if I need to worry about overloading the wiring, Im no electrician.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-01-2017, 6:20 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

Hi Josh , had a look at the manual for Thor, it doesn't seem to have a strobe disable when the indicators work, would have thought that was a good safety feature .Bill

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page