Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Fireblade 929 LED indicators

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  MKBen 
#1 ·
HI, does anyone know if or where I could get a indicator flasher unit suitable for LED indicators that will plug straight into the standard wiring on my Fireblade 929 RRY? My other option is to fit load resistors to each indicator. I've been told the resistors should be 25w and 8ohm. can anyone confirm if this is right or wrong? any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

#2 ·
My RR2 has Sylvania Load Resistors (purchased at local auto parts store for ~$15 a pair) and they do they job of slowing the "hyper-blinking" just fine. Wire strippers ^ heatshrink is all that's really needed. Just follow the installation instructions.

For a tidy install, give yourself enough time and space for proper placement.

#4 · (Edited)
I don't off hand... but I can look to see if I still have the box when I get home.

...and it may be just a matter of semantics, but I misspoke. Sylvania calls them Load EQUALIZERS.

#6 ·
Thanks for the link. I've had a look and they seem similar to the ones available on eBay. The problem I have is although they say it will fit a Fireblade 929 the flasher relays shown only have 2 pins where as my bike has a 3 pin connector. The wiring diagram shows 2 of the wires go to the indicators and for some reason the third wire goes to the front brake light switch.

#8 · (Edited)
yes, the connector is just like that, but in your picture there are only two pins. my bike has three pins. I'm wondering if I could remove the third pin from my standard connector and fit it into the new plug. Thanks for your help it's certainly something to think about. I'm not that great with electrics. the wiring diagram shows the third wire going into the front and rear brake light swich as well as the fuse box, so I'm guessing it's live.

#10 ·
I'm looking at the wiring diagram now. I'll have to check which pins do what. one goes from the flasher relay to the turn signal switch and on to live side of either the right or the left side indicators, one goes to the live side of the brake light circuit and the third is a earth, but I''l have to check the colours on the bike to see what does what.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.