Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

929/954 Ohlins Shock with Dan Kyle Linkage

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  fatboy01 
#1 ·
929/954RR Ohlins Shock with a Dan Kyle linkage. Very hard to find these anymore. Had the shock rebuilt by Dan last year and have run approx 10 track days with it. $800 OBO

Please note, this shock link cannot be used with the stock exhaust midpipe. I used an aftermarket Sato half system, full systems also work. The OEM midpipe does not clear the linkage.

Info on the linkage:
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/24444-dan-kyle-rear-link-dogbone.html

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I will, but would like to see if anyone is interested in this as a package. The shock is currently setup to match this link, you have to drop to a lighter spring rate when using the link.

If someone wants just the shock let me know. Currently has a 120nM spring but I also have a 14.4kg (I think) spring to go with it.

#9 ·
I will, but would like to see if anyone is interested in this as a package. The shock is currently setup to match this link, you have to drop to a lighter spring rate when using the link.

If someone wants just the shock let me know. Currently has a 120nM spring but I also have a 14.4kg (I think) spring to go with it.
Pretty sure it's the other way. You need to step up one spring rate when using a link. That's what I had to do with my RC51 when I installed a link...

#10 ·
With the 954 you go down a few spring rates. Dan set this shock up with a 120Nmm spring to match the linkage and my weight, with a stock linkage I would need to go back to the 140Nmm spring. Paperwork from DK shows the spring he used for this application

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.