Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Under the foot rest

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Lobsta13 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what the OEM parts 19 and 25 are for. My 08 doesnt seem to have them on either side.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Those are "feelers" so to speak. They're meant to scrape the ground to alert you that your lean angle is pretty steep. Most people just remove them because they're fugly.

The spacer just makes it more rigid and covers up the threads, and to allow the acorn portion something to butt up against.

#3 ·
Yeah don’t think I will ever be leaning to get those even close to the ground and from the picture they look very ugly lol, just didn’t know if they served a purpose or not, thanks for the enlightenment

#9 ·
yeah ive never hit one on the ground but i do drag a toe once in a while. all im saying is if you hear the feeler hit the ground its probably too late to do much good. you def dont want to make any major corrective moves as a result of hearing one sound off. at that angle one wrong shift of body weight would send you sliding along.

#10 ·
I hit my toes all the time but that's mostly due to my feet being kicked out a bit when I go into a corner. When I felt the pegs kick up a bit, I knew I was over too far, but everything held. The Dunlop Q2's have proved their worth in that area on more than one occasion. Both bike and tires are far better than their rider.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.