Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

What have you done to/for your bike today?

81K views 1K replies 93 participants last post by  Langsam 
#1 ·
I searched but didn't find a thread like this.
We have a thread like this on ClubFrontier.org and its the longest thread.
I'll start:

Changed my oil with 3 quarts of Lucas 10w-40 semi-syn, topped off with Lucas oil stabilizer and a Mobil1 filter.

#4 ·
Walked past it and thought, "It's Friday". I wonder if the battery has enough charge for tomorrow.

#8 ·
today? not much. i did notice its time for yet another new rear tire and the chain could use some cleaning when i walked past it in the pole barn as i was doing the oil, oil filter, and air filter on my cub cadet lt1050.

i did put on a honda wing t-shirt today tho..... its black with white wings. officially licensed........... XL

#9 ·
After 4 years, and a whole bunch of other mods, I finally got around to doing the PAIR mod yesterday. And I rearranged my tiny trunk area to carry OEM toolbag with some extra tools, small hand air pump, CO2 air cartridges, tire plug kit, air gauge and infrared temp sensor. And the nice thing is, I still have room for a water bottle, and a change of clothes. :)

And I ordered a set of Bridgestone Rs10's. Gunna stuff a 200/55 on the back. :nod:

#10 ·
Finished re-assembling from tearing down to swap a broken shift drum. Figured out a decent way to bleed the brakes, new plugs and oil filter, and new chain and sprockets. Rode her for a few minutes to find out that tomorrow I'll be rebuilding the forks as one is leaking.

#15 ·
Put a new front and rear on Zed. Pirelli Supa Corsa front and Rosso II rear. Just got to wait for the weather to clear to scrub them in now.

#17 ·
After removing the ignition and inspection it, the #1 plug boot has high resistance.
Applied silicone grease and it runs fine now. I'll order new boots and wires when we get settled in Hawaii.
Replaced the fuel line and discovered that bar ends of different weights reduce the vibes significantly.

#21 ·
Steering bearings and stator cover gasket (for leak) last weekend. Engine oil, coolant and spark plugs yesterday. Iridium NGK's and new BMW branded Shell 5w40 full synthetic. Shell just found its way back into the U.S. Oil market for motorcycles through BMW. Other than acceptable Rotella there hasn't been "motorcycle" specific oil from Shell here in quite some time.

#22 ·
I went for some weight reduction over the weekend.. Started with wheels/tires, then forks/brakes, then the clutch line/fairnings...

It's pretty darn light at the moment!!!

Well I changed the tires, PP3 front PPR3 rear.
Rebuilding forks/ fresh fluid, replacing clutch line, cleaning brake pistons, etc etc...

#23 ·
I went for some weight reduction over the weekend.. Started with wheels/tires, then forks/brakes, then the clutch line/fairnings...

It's pretty darn light at the moment!!!

Well I changed the tires, PP3 front PPR3 rear.
Rebuilding forks/ fresh fluid, replacing clutch line, cleaning brake pistons, etc etc...
Bwhahahaha. That's going to be a lot lighter but it's going to handle like sh!t.

#32 ·
Go pro is already on the bike, should be fun. One of the guys in our group just got a new Aprilia RSV4, we'll need to keep him on suicide watch on the 1st.... :evilaugh:

Waiting on test ride results fromyou too. :patriot:

#33 ·
Go pro is already on the bike, should be fun. One of the guys in our group just got a new Aprilia RSV4, we'll need to keep him on suicide watch on the 1st.... :evilaugh:

^^^^^:rotfl::rotfl:

Waiting on test ride results fromyou too. :patriot:
Slowly getting there, unfortunately reality has gotten in the way a bit. But still moving forward:

Trying to decide if I should get the forks redone now, while they're off and be out of commission for 3 weeks or so. It's a tough call, I want to ride the damn thing:D. I'm leaning towards getting them done now so the summer can be wrench free. Well, relatively wrench free;)

#35 ·
put a new rear rp3 on and ordered a APE cct to hopefully help this high frequency vibration my 954 recently developed. should be here in a few days n ill fit that n hope for the best!

#36 ·
Well I popped the pistons out and gave the brakes a good cleaning.
It's amazing, they actually work like they should now!?! It went from mild 1 finger braking to 2 finger mild braking.
No more dragging though.

I still have yet to get used to using two fingers, they loosened up a good bit.... :lickthey:

Tell you what though; new tires, rebuilt forks, and working brakes, etc., it's like I bought a brand new bike!!

#37 ·
I looked in the box of all the smog/useless **** I took off the 1000 and had my self a laugh! :rotfl::smilebig:
Also recently installed glpro gear position indicator and removed the baffel out of my sbk can. Also got zbomb working correctly and adjusted my fuel map accordingly. I think it's dyno time now!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.