it wont be much, but ill try n take some pictures along the way. prol should have taken some pics of the damage before i took it apart. the fairings werent too bad really. however, the wreck i had a couple years ago that broke wrist hit the right side n this time the left side got it so they were looking much worse than i could deal with.
ive already replaced the levers, frame sliders, bar ends, and swing arm sliders. pretty standard stuff.
the bar end required a new internal weight because it was snapped inside the handlebar. luckily enough of the threads were left on the deeper piece that i was able to get a bolt in there n use that to extract it. getting the new weight back in was pretty difficult. the rubber piece on the end closest to the bar end had broken. i reused it but upon putting it in the bar it didnt want to just slide in. i used a heavy hammer and a chunk of wood and beat it home.
its in there REALLY good now.
the swing arm spool on the left side had broken off. it caught a touch of rash, barely noticeable but it kinda smushed the threads on the bung into the broken off bolt. i tried using a good easy out but it was no dice. i drilled it the rest of the way out n hit it with a tap. unfortunately i didnt drill it bang on straight. so at the end a chunk of the old bolt came out the back side n left my hole oblong in the rear. luckily what threads were there after i tapped it are enough to get a good hold on the spool. i used extra lock tight.
thats about all for now. waiting on the fairings. i didnt want to get too far ahead of myself n end up loosing a batch of bolts in the delay or forget where the f i put this or that.
once the fairing get here ill check the valve clearance, change the plugs n oil and put on the new knock-off stator cover i bought for 30$. the cover is questionable. it looks good but there was some casting leftover inside the cover in a few areas i ground off. didnt want the pieces to break free n find their way someplace bad. the bolt hole for the wire hold down on the insides threads are looking pretty rough. im hoping it doesnt cause problems. the ones for the stator look fine. we shall see i guess.
nothing too exciting. ill prol put together another thread specifically for the fairings once they arrive and ill post a follow up pic here when i get those things mentioned done. in the mean time im gonna take this opportunity to try n clean up some of the stuff i neglect when i hit it at the car wash.
i was kinda surprised at how easy it was to tear down to this point. thanks to casey for the heads up on the upper. my initial plan to remove it would have been much more complicated.