Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Shinko tires

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  SilverBullet 
#1 ·
Any of you guys run Shinko tires? I need some input since they're not real popular.The front's ok but you can see the steels in the rear Bridgestone.
Thanks John

#8 ·
Is this a dragbike, or do you ride it in the twisties?

(No offense SB) But if you ride canyons you should look elsewhere IMO.

#11 ·
There's a reason why most people ride on Pirelli, Michelin and Dunl..ah who cares, anyway I wouldn't put anything on my bike that I wasn't sure was going to perform up to standards. Ever here of anyone racing on shinko (besides drag bikes)? Me neither. Tires are like cheap insurance, you wouldn't want that nice toy of yours to go skidding down the pavement just so you could save a few bucks would ya? Just my .02

#13 ·
jmg said:
Just because their not popular doesn't mean they won't have adequate street performance. Begging the original question...Anyway, Is it wrong to save some money through child labor?
No, child labor is fine. I wouldn't trust those tires on my bikes, i like my skin too much. But to each his own, let us know how they work out :thumb:

#17 ·
jmg said:
Dual question:

Who thinks Shinko sucks fat balls?
It's not that they suck; the profile isn't the best for street riding (speaking of the 003). That is more of a drag strip tire although I do ride mine on the street, but not hard like other people do. I relax when I ride on the street.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.