Honda Motorcycle Forum
Honda Motorcycles
Navigation » Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion » Do points carry back to PA

General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2008, 8:39 PM   #1

Reputation Power: 0
woodchuck is on a distinguished road
Do points carry back to PA

So I was on a trip in Virgina and got pulled over on rt. 211 got me at 66 in a 45. Just wondering if points carry back to PA? They are watching that road hard when they have a big a$$ sign that states High Motorcycle Crash Area. Oh well just wondering anyone happens to know.
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-26-2008, 8:50 PM   #2

Reputation Power: 7
Scruffy is on a distinguished road
Re: Do points carry back to PA

Yes points do carry over. I got aticket in P.A. and the state of Maryland was going to suspend my license if i didnt pay it within a certain time.
Scruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 9:53 PM   #3

Reputation Power: 11
KJ's RR is on a distinguished road

Not all states participate W/exchanges. Pa & NJ don't, but Pa & La do. Go figure neighbors don't talk!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 8:21 AM   #4

robert145 is on a distinguished road

YES.
Normally a ticket for 15 mph over the posted speed limit is a violation of New Jersey Statute Annotated (NJSA) 39:4-99 and is worth 4 points. In PA, a speeding citation for 15 mph over the limit is normally a 3 point offense.
Both New Jersey and Pennsylvania take part in the Drivers License Compact (DLC) meaning that their courts and Departments of Motor Vehicles exchange information regarding tickets that their licensed drivers received out of state. So if you plead guilty and pay the fine for the NJ speeding ticket then New Jersey will inform PennDOT of the speeding violation. PennDOT though does not assess points or record minor traffic violations on your PA driving record that have occurred out of state.
robert145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 8:27 AM   #5

FYI -

As a member of the DLC member states are required to report ticket convictions received by a motorist back to the state where they are licensed to drive. Their own state then determines if this offense will be placed on their driving record and if any points will be assessed.

The members of the DLC: include Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wyoming.

Thus this leaves the states of Georgia, Massachusetts, Michigan, Tennessee and Wisconsin as non-members though most of these states still have their own agreements with other states to exchange information regarding traffic tickets.

The Non-Resident Violator Compact (NRVC) requires member states to suspend the drivers license of those who get traffic tickets for moving violations in other states and fail to pay them or otherwise legally take care of them.

Members of the NRVC include: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wyoming.

This leaves the states of Alaska, California, Michigan, Montana, Oregon and Wisconsin that are not members of the NRVC. Again they may have their own agreements though with other states and may still suspend or penalize a driver that does not pay their out of state ticket.
Old 05-28-2008, 8:28 AM   #6

The 2 previous threads were excerpts taken from an auto insurance site.
Old 05-28-2008, 2:42 PM   #7

clownfish is on a distinguished road

Now that is a cool copy of relevant information.

clownfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 6:15 PM   #8

woodchuck is on a distinguished road

The next question do you think its worth trying to fight he wrote it up as reckless driving 66 in a 45. I have no problem with the money and I'm not crying its just it comes back as R. D. to Pa. my employer might have a problem because of the work van I drive. I would hope they could at least drop R. D. and make it something else? don"t know if its worth the 3 hour drive? I thought about talking to a lawyer downthere and see what he says.
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:07 PM   #9

SS929RR is on a distinguished road

dude, pay the ticket or go to defensive driving school. Your lucky your not in jail. 21 MPH over the speed limit is criminal speeding and that cop could had you for dinner. Own up, pay the fine, and move on. Safer.
SS929RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 1:35 PM   #10

Reputation Power: 59
bettingpython has a reputation beyond repute bettingpython has a reputation beyond repute bettingpython has a reputation beyond repute bettingpython has a reputation beyond repute bettingpython has a reputation beyond repute bettingpython has a reputation beyond repute bettingpython has a reputation beyond repute bettingpython has a reputation beyond repute bettingpython has a reputation beyond repute bettingpython has a reputation beyond repute bettingpython has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to bettingpython

Criminal speeding at 21mph over....

I remeber when it took 35 over to be written for wreckless, how times have changed.

Hell I wouldn't mind if they made 10 over wreckless as long as they raised the damn speed limits for bikes another 30mph.
bettingpython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:29 AM   #11

fleeingnaluding is on a distinguished road
No worries, i just got a ticket in nj for 110mph.

Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
So I was on a trip in Virgina and got pulled over on rt. 211 got me at 66 in a 45. Just wondering if points carry back to PA? They are watching that road hard when they have a big a$$ sign that states High Motorcycle Crash Area. Oh well just wondering anyone happens to know.
The points do not transfer back to pa, you just pay the fine they may suspend your license in virginia temporarly but not for 66 in a 45. Infact sinc you dont live in Virgina you have no license so you have no point there either. but it doesnt carry over to your home state related to pa. All states are a port of a dmv pact look at penndot site some traffic things to transfer over related to a suspension, one is dui, the other is leaving the scene of accident 2 others but i cant remember are administrative like drivng while suspended. And if you do it in new jersey and you got progressive, progressive doesnt write policies in nj so you rate wont go up either, basicly youl pay a fine and they will say you cant drive, and you will say so what i dont live in nj who cares just passing through then it will come in the mail like no more then 30 days you can drive now. Their hands are tied sort of speak it sucks to be in New Jersy the judge makes you give your id back to him. But if you go really fast it goes to wreckless and that will transfer to a suspension its all up to the cop and how he writes it up. but again i was going 110 pulled over was polite and he never charged me with the wreckless. plus its more paper work they have to arrest you on the spot and he rather get more speeder instead of dealing with you for the rest of the day. Although i did 110 and the people gasped behind me in court, it was not the fastest they have seen so i was a little disappointed about that. Although i was going 160 he caugt me at 110 and i never knew where he was never saw him i think he must have been behind an over pass, but i wanted to say thank to the cop for being such a cool guy my fine was 500 bucks and i have slowed down they are trying to protect our safety thats why there are these laws even though we view it as trouble for us.
fleeingnaluding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:44 AM   #12

fleeingnaluding is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
The next question do you think its worth trying to fight he wrote it up as reckless driving 66 in a 45. I have no problem with the money and I'm not crying its just it comes back as R. D. to Pa. my employer might have a problem because of the work van I drive. I would hope they could at least drop R. D. and make it something else? don"t know if its worth the 3 hour drive? I thought about talking to a lawyer downthere and see what he says.
Man he hated you useally it will get pleaded down to the traffic violation, there is a book about how to beat a traffic ticket and it goes over how you can present in court the proof or hs lack of proof of what you did. But i would fight it if u have to get a traffic laywer its so upsurd, the laywer will show up and say judge he wants to plead guility to the traffic citation if you drop the wrecless, and and so it be done but you a not a laywer the judge will denie your request, the jude was or is a laywer too its code of making money. I would fight the wreckless its worth it especially if you drive as a job, but you dont have to get a big high powerd criminal laywer, there are fauling laywers who resort to just coming into traffic court and saying drop this we will plead to this in a traffic court. Don pay anymore then 1000 for one. Also it applies to if you get into real trouble they are expensive, also you rate might go up and it might be more to not fight it. Again though it should be resloved when you first show up to court about the wreckless. I dont see them actualy giving you the wreckless they want their money that the main issue and keep you driving you not driving doesnt benifit them.
fleeingnaluding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 8:16 AM   #13

We all need to slow down and be careful. With the current gas situation, many more bikes will be on the road. Also, many NEW riders will be appearing. We need to keep safe and keep insurance rates down.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Search tags for this page
do driving point violations carry over from az to va
do florida points transfer to pa

do points carry over from nj to pa

do points from montana carry over to pennsylvania
do points from virginia carry over to pennsylvania?
do points in west virginia carry over to pennsylviana

do points transfer from fl to pa

do points transfer from nc to pa

do south carolina points transfer to. pennsylvania

do tickets in virgina go back to pa

if pulled over in va will i get points in pa
points in nj carried to pa
Click on a term to search for related topics.