Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Whats hacked you off today?

527K views 6K replies 231 participants last post by  BreakItBob 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok.. there I was, riding to the village I used to live in for a cuppa with someone I hadnt seen for over 3 years. I'm going along the main road through the village and have to turn in to her street..

So I'm going from major road to minor road, ok..

I check mirrors (do observations), do lifesaver, indicate to turn right and pull to middle of road by white lines, (At this point there is NO sign of the car driver) and slow to take right turn... With me so far??? (I've done everything I'm supposed to)

So I do another mirror check, see car coming up behind me (he came round the bend just before her street as I was slowing to make my turn), I do another lifesaver just before I'm about to make my right turn.. and the :mad: FECKIN' :mad: IDIOT :mad: WA**ER :mad: driver of the car FECKIN' blasts his horn as he overtakes me!!!!! :mad: Just as I'm about to take a right turn!!!!

Did the :mad: FECKIN' IDIOT :mad: not understand that me being in the middle of the road, with my right indicator on, meant I was turning right into the side road....

Sorry..... rant over.....

....He was still a fecking idiot though!!!!! :mad:

See less See more
#2 ·
Its not Mirror + Lifesaver then Indicate, it should be Observation, Signal then Lifesaver and finally Manoeuvre :thumb: :D Always think that someone is trying to kill you every time you ride, whether people opening doors or turning etc. Glad your ok.

My rant is over bloody Mosquito bites, I have 8 from one night! In the end I got up at four and moved to a different room. I have three on one shoulder, one on my right elbow, two on my left leg (back + side) and two on my stomach. They itch the crap out of me - esp in sweaty leathers... GRRR.

#3 ·
Ok.. there I was, riding to the village I used to live in for a cuppa with someone I hadnt seen for over 3 years. I'm going along the main road through the village and have to turn in to her street..

So I'm going from major road to minor road, ok..

I check mirrors, do lifesaver, indicate to turn right and pull to middle of road by white lines, slowing to take right turn... With me so far??? (I've done everything I'm supposed to)

So I do another mirror check, see car coming up behind me, do another lifesaver just before I'm about to make my right turn.. and the :mad: FECKIN' :mad: IDIOT :mad: WA**ER :mad: driver of the car FECKIN' blasts his horn as he overtakes me!!!!! :mad: Just as I'm about to take a right turn!!!!

Did the :mad: FECKIN' IDIOT :mad: not understand that me being in the middle of the road, with my right indicator on, meant I was turning right into a side road....

Sorry..... rant over.....

....He was still a fecking idiot though!!!!! :mad:
You are being to kind calling him a FECKIN IDIOT you know. They do it to other cars as well. My son was actually turning right into his work and another car did the same thing only it was on a bend, on a crest, double unbroken lines with 2 lanes, 1 a turning lane for the factory and another for the traffic to continue through and this FECKON IDIOT overtakes my son on and side swipes him. Then says that my son pulled off from the side of the road to try and get out of it, FECKON IDIOT. Glad your alright Loopy

#4 · (Edited)
Its not Mirror + Lifesaver then Indicate, it should be Observation, Signal then Lifesaver and finally Manoeuvre
I did do observations!! I looked in my mirrors to see who was behind me, and when I did no one was there (there is a right hand bend not far before her turning and he hadn't come round that bend yet).. and I was trained to do a shoulder check (either left or right) before I move either to the left or right when changing my position on the road.. so I did lifesaver and switched on indicators at about the same time (there was no one in my blind spot).. then I moved over to the white lines in middle of the road.. then I did obs (checked mirrors) and saw s**t head comin up behind me from the bend..

I got this off a training website..
You may have come across the acronym OSMPSL or Observation, Signal, Manoeuvre, Position, Speed and Look, which describes the approach to turning left or right.
I was trained to do a lifesaver when I do my observations as people can be in your blind spot and you might not see them when you check in your mirrors..

Sorry about your bites.. they are bloody annoying!!!

Maybe I should just write my first post again!!!!

#9 ·
I did do observations!! I looked in my mirrors to see who was behind me, and when I did no one was there (there is a right hand bend not far before her turning and he hadn't come round that bend yet).. and I was trained to do a shoulder check (either left or right) before I move either to the left or right when changing my position on the road.. so I did lifesaver and switched on indicators at about the same time (there was no one in my blind spot).. then I moved over to the white lines in middle of the road.. then I did obs (checked mirrors) and saw s**t head comin up behind me from the bend..

You may have come across the acronym OSMPSL or Observation, Signal, Manoeuvre, Position, Speed and Look, which describes the approach to turning left or right.
I was trained to do a lifesaver when I do my observations as people can be in your blind spot and you might not see them when you check in your mirrors..

You are correct Loopy, you did do all of the things you needed to do, just I was taught to indicate after Observing and usually before the life saver - but then again, we are all different riders.

OSM-PSL was what I learn't with, also a $10/£10 rule which is too long to explain on here but is quite efficient.

Glad your ok :thumb:

#7 ·
my gripe is this:mad:.....a triumph daytona 675, built here in england, is around $8000 in the states.....half the fcuking price it is here. built here, shipped thousands of miles, had import duty paid on it, etc..how the fcuk does that work??.:mad: i know this because my friend just moved to atlanta and has bought one. for around £500/$1000 more than he got for the 4 year old daytona 600 he sold before he left:mad:....this country sucks or more to the point the ridiculous amounts of tax we pay on everything we buy does.:mad: don't even get me started on the state of the roads, we pay tax for the supposed upkeep of and to ride on. i was riding down the road today, with some twat so close behind me i thought he wanted to impregnate my akrapovic.:mad: a car had just turned right at a turning ahead of me, to reveal a pot hole that was similar in size to a crater on the moon. luckily, i avoided it and the dickhead behind didn't run in to the back of me. he must have slowed down to answer his phone or something.:mad: seriously, this hole was big enough to do some serious damage to a car. gods knows what would have happened to me if i'd hit it.:mad:

there, i'm all done, i feel much better now.

#8 ·
i was riding down the road today, with some twat so close behind me i thought he wanted to impregnate my akrapovic.:mad:
I'm sorry, I know its awful having people that close but I did have to giggle at the way you put it..

#14 ·
This has seriously hacked me off today.. I was surfing the interweb looking at fuel protests (to see if any more are in the pipeline) and came across a post, and its inplications, which has got me :mad: :rant: :mad: :rant: :mad: :rant: :mad:

The recent increases in fuel prices here are bad enough and protests are stating to kick off about it.. Now we all know the amount of fuel duty we have to pay here in the UK but has anyone on here considered the VAT.. Everytime the fuel prices go up the government is raking in more in VAT!!!! No wonder the robbing bas*ards arn't doing anything about the fuel prices!!! They must be fu**in raking it in!!!!!!!

Its enough to make my blood boil!!!!

#16 ·
But did'nt you know ,they are only thinking of us, their supporters and have our best interests at heart. Just ask them!

#15 ·
This is known as a tax on a tax. Compounding tax if you like. I think truck drivers hold the power, they can with great effect shut down a country. Block some highways, stop delivering everything, short term pain long term gain. Get them onside and organised and things can be changed. Governemnts need to be made to understand that the people won't continue to take it from behind on fuel.

#21 ·
tailgating and bad drivers are HUGE in South Florida,only because all of the tourists,haitian and mexican people..what i do when i'm getting super tailgated i either let off the throttle until they get pissed enough and go around me,or instead of flashing my break light i just engage the light so the car thinks i'm slowing down..but i'm not :p

#27 ·
Has she done this before? When I was a kid we use to go on school organised ski trips. From the morning I would leave until the day I came home (usually a week) my mum would be worried sick because my cat would have disappeared. After the third time she stopped worrying about him because he always came back before I did.

#28 ·
The reason nothing gets me hacked off, I think, is because I guess I expect it. One of my favorite expressions, when asked. How are you today? My response is "Well I'm blessed, I woke up this morning, it can only get worse from there." That's just an expression I live by. I don't give anyone else the type of control they would wish to get me "hacked" off........Peace.

#29 ·
psssst... hey... your cat is in Texas, USA! J/K... I'm sure it'll come home... they always do when they want to eat! Carriage drivers, they suck eh? Always in a hurry, but that's why they need therapists, and WE have motorcycles! : ) Take care across the Pond over there and continue to ride safe... which means ALWAYS be prepared for the unexpected.

Chris : )

#30 ·
Hacked off (is that a normal expression?) because bike is FINALLY reassembled by shop (c/w brand new Elka 3-way from CBR400RR) and I am stuck in Tokyo for another week!

Loopy, sorry but it is time for a new kitty.

And as far a fuel pricing is concerned, I think fuel prices SHOULD increase by 3-400% wherever you are. :rant: It will stop people from driving Excursions et al.

#32 ·
Hacked off (is that a normal expression?)
It is where I come from :rotfl:

Still no sign of the kitty, and its been 2 weeks now.. :crying:

Yesterday on the way home I was filtering past some very slow moving traffic when some pillock in a car decided I shouldn't be able to get through faster than him and decided to pull over to try and stop me getting past!!! Unluckily for him there was still plenty of room for me to be able to get past :rotfl:

(From a non-hacked off point of view I went out for the grocery shopping today.. and came home with a Guinea Pig :idunno: she's the scruffiest looking little piggy I have ever seen and I fell in love with her.. I got her home, sorted out her new house and popped her in.. then had to go back to the shop and buy another one as she looked all lonely!!!!)

#33 ·
It is where I come from :rotfl:
:plus1: - Its probably a "foriegn" expression to you guys :D

(From a non-hacked off point of view I went out for the grocery shopping today.. and came home with a Guinea Pig :idunno: she's the scruffiest looking little piggy I have ever seen and I fell in love with her.. I got her home, sorted out her new house and popped her in.. then had to go back to the shop and buy another one as she looked all lonely!!!!)
I wonder what your partner says about buying new animals... How many pets do you have now?

#36 ·
Sorry for thread jacking everyone

Ive got three dogs (mongrels) and a parrot - oh I forgot the wife and children :rotfl: - I hope they don't read this

1 = Rottweiler + Border Collie - 8 Months old
2 = Alsation + Dobleman - 16/17 years old
3 = Collie + more things than I can remember - 4 years old
4 = African Grey Parrot (Grey and Red)
5 = wife and the kids :D

My last dog i had to have put down due to cancer, growths and old age was an amazing 21 - I must be doing something right

Back to the topic - I hate it when people leave their indicators on so you think they are going to turn but nope they carry on - They think your in the wrong for pulling out! I think that is a very large thing that can lead to accidents.

In addition to riding motorcycles, cages and all sorts of things, i ride a bicycle now and then. We have bike lanes dedicated to cycles, but im not sure why as cars seem to think its for them too. The good thing is that my pedels are made of metal (i believe aluminium or steel) so if they get too close i leave them with a nice juicy scratch on their beloved cars!

#37 ·
I hate it when people leave their indicators on so you think they are going to turn but nope they carry on - They think your in the wrong for pulling out! I think that is a very large thing that can lead to accidents.

In addition to riding motorcycles, cages and all sorts of things, i ride a bicycle now and then. We have bike lanes dedicated to cycles, but im not sure why as cars seem to think its for them too. The good thing is that my pedels are made of metal (i believe aluminium or steel) so if they get too close i leave them with a nice juicy scratch on their beloved cars!
I hate the indicator thing as well!!!!

and love the idea of you scratching their cars.. wicked :evilaugh:

#42 ·
I check mirrors (do observations), do lifesaver, indicate to turn right and pull to middle of road by white lines,
We were taught to go curb to curb for right turns. Dont give the idiot a chance to come between u and the curb cause they will try it. he might have thought u were turning left despite ur signals because of ur road postion. Dont give them a chance to fvck with you, and like its been said before, ride like ur in GTA and everyone is trying to run u down.

#43 ·
today was the pi**ock who decided to shoot straight out of a turning right in front of me, forcing his way into the traffic..

themidget2k6.. we drive on the other side of the road over here

#47 ·
today was the pi**ock who decided to shoot straight out of a turning right in front of me, forcing his way into the traffic..
Believe me, Loop, that happens at the very least four times a day here. The frustration is outrageous. But then all you get is a glazed, blank, gormless expression or one of utter contempt when you look at the other drivers, so there's clearly no point in trying to get through to these people. It's strange because Thais are ordinarily very non-confrontational. However, put them in a car and everything changes:sless:

#49 ·
Insects, in particular insect bites.

Got bit by something on my knee cap last wednesday, by sunday it was so swollen I can hardly walk on my knee, turns it turned into a staph infection and has moved into the knee joint. Antibiotics are fine but I wound up needing pain meds too...stuff makes me feel ick and I hate trying to stay awake for 10 hour workdays right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.