Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1984 Honda Magna VF700

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Oapie07 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm a new guy here. Ive been riding off-road for about 13 years now and my Dad's best friend offered me his 1984 Honda Magna VF700, for FREE. It has about 30,000 miles on it. My dad and him used to ride together back in the day.

The only problem is, that it has set for about 8 years in his Shed, and hasn't run. He did a decent job keeping it covered the seat is in his house to keep from being weathered. How much do you think i will have wrapped up in it?

I recently went out and made sure the engine would turn over (putting it in gear pushing it down a hill) and it had decent compression. I pulled in the clutch and it went limp, dont know if it has a bad hose or something. Brakes seemed to work just fine, front rotor has some surface rust.

I know i will have to rebuild the carbs. The gas tank will have to be cleaned and resealed (got any good products for that?). There is surface rust on some of the parts ( fenders, forks etc.)

I am really excided about starting this project and hope i can do a job good enough to suit, but if it ends up being too in depth of a procedure i probably wont attempt. I am a pretty decent mechanic but i have never worked on a road bike before. so if you could just give me some input on anything else i need to check, or if it's worth my time. I've been checking on parts and prices aren't that bad.

Thanks for any and all help

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.