Honda Motorcycle Forum
Honda Motorcycles
Navigation » Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion » 5'.0" tall what bike to get????

General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 7:33 PM   #1

Reputation Power: 45
jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute
5'.0" tall what bike to get????

Hey guys a friend of mine is thinking about getting a bike for comuting and the ocational sunday ride, Hes five feet tall and can barely reach the floor even on a 250 ninja.
What models would youu guys recomend for someone of this stature.

thanks in advance.
Old 11-02-2009, 7:41 PM   #2

Reputation Power: 20
JohnnySpeed954 has much to be proud of JohnnySpeed954 has much to be proud of JohnnySpeed954 has much to be proud of JohnnySpeed954 has much to be proud of JohnnySpeed954 has much to be proud of JohnnySpeed954 has much to be proud of JohnnySpeed954 has much to be proud of JohnnySpeed954 has much to be proud of JohnnySpeed954 has much to be proud of JohnnySpeed954 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed954
Re: 5'.0" tall what bike to get????

Either get a bike and lower it to a desired height or just get used to it. I have a couple friends in that height range that ride stock height bikes. Just takes some getting used to.
Old 11-02-2009, 7:55 PM   #3
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 283
setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to setanta

Mate has a hornet and he is about that size, keeps dropping it though

Some choppers are really low if he dosnt have the confidence
setanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #4

Reputation Power: 7
submaniac will become famous soon enough

He's five feet tall and wants to know what to get? Shoe lifts.

Baddumpump. Thank you! I'll be here all night.
submaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 2:22 AM   #5

Reputation Power: 158
Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by submaniac View Post

you beat me to it, I was gonna say Cuban Heels!!
Dangerous Des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 2:42 AM   #6
Global Moderator

Reputation Power: 139
LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to LoopyLee Send a message via Skype™ to LoopyLee

Originally Posted by jkobflys View Post
Hey guys a friend of mine is thinking about getting a bike for comuting and the ocational sunday ride, Hes five feet tall and can barely reach the floor even on a 250 ninja.

thanks in advance.
It's a shame you're in the US and not here.. We have quite a few bikes which are brilliant for short people but unfortunately you guys over there didn't get them

Originally Posted by Destructo View Post
you beat me to it, I was gonna say Cuban Heels!!
Rotten buggers*

*but still giggling anyway

Blade Rider

LoopyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 3:44 AM   #7

Reputation Power: 63
CBR Nugget has a reputation beyond repute CBR Nugget has a reputation beyond repute CBR Nugget has a reputation beyond repute CBR Nugget has a reputation beyond repute CBR Nugget has a reputation beyond repute CBR Nugget has a reputation beyond repute CBR Nugget has a reputation beyond repute CBR Nugget has a reputation beyond repute CBR Nugget has a reputation beyond repute CBR Nugget has a reputation beyond repute CBR Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

thanks in advance.
Oh boy, I can relate.... is he single???

Just kidding. I'd say lowering links/shocks, but it can get expensive - depending on his budget.

I got a replacement spring from a Dutch company called Hyper-Pro, and there is improvement.
CBR Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 4:41 AM   #8

Reputation Power: 0
amanda is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954 View Post
Either get a bike and lower it to a desired height or just get used to it. I have a couple friends in that height range that ride stock height bikes. Just takes some getting used to.
I agree ....i have a friend who is just about 5 ft he rides a 675, zxr750 and a cbr900 the cbr's are quite wide he looks like a little boy when he's on it

but he has no problems as he's been riding 20+ years and is used to it.
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 4:42 AM   #9

Reputation Power: 158
Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute Dangerous Des has a reputation beyond repute

BMW were offering lower versions of their bikes for short-arses, they might be worth a look if you're considering a new bike at least.

I actually saw a lowered BMW1200GS - it looked ridiculous mind you, why bother lowering a GS when they already make a roadster?
Dangerous Des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 9:25 AM   #10

Reputation Power: 43
sheepofblue has a brilliant future sheepofblue has a brilliant future sheepofblue has a brilliant future sheepofblue has a brilliant future sheepofblue has a brilliant future sheepofblue has a brilliant future sheepofblue has a brilliant future sheepofblue has a brilliant future sheepofblue has a brilliant future sheepofblue has a brilliant future sheepofblue has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

The Ninja 250

Here is why.
I assume he (or she but from now on assume generic english) is a new rider, the smaller displacement is good for learning.
You stated commuting, unless there is a ton of highspeed interstate the Ninja will be up to the task and get great gas mileage.
The bike is light so it will be easier to control while he gets used to the height.
Not fast but they can be fun in the hills.
Cheap and available.

Once he is used to the height and gets more miles he can get whatever he wants. I know of a guy that is about that height that is fast and used to have a RAISED SV (suspension changes). I also know a guy that makes a CBR1000 look like a pocket bike. Humans adapt
Old 11-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #11

jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute jkobflys has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha thats what i told him, a pair of high heels would be helpfull
Old 11-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #12

Yeah, he is a new rider so a ninja 250 would prob. be the best choice.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #13
Global Moderator

LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute LoopyLee has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha thats what i told him, a pair of high heels would be helpfull
He needs M-Star boots

Read >THIS< and all will be explained

Blade Rider

Old 11-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #14
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 283
setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute setanta has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to setanta

Originally Posted by LoopyLee View Post
He needs M-Star boots

Read >THIS< and all will be explained
Never understood why they called them ladyboots it cut them off from a good part of the market
setanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #15
Global Moderator

Originally Posted by setanta View Post
Never understood why they called them ladyboots it cut them off from a good part of the market
Only the ladies ones are LadyStar.... The blokes ones are labelled as M-Star so that you guys don't get all offended like

Blade Rider

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Search tags for this page
5 ft women motorcycle bike
best motocycle for 5 foot people

best motorcycle for 5 foot woman

can a 5ft 5 ride the 675r

motorcycle for 5 feet tall

motorcycle for 5 foot girl

motorcycle for 5 foot tall

motorcycle for people height 5 foot

motorcycle for someone 5 foot

motorcycles for people 5 feet tall

motorcycles for short 5 feet tall

what motorcycle can a 5 foot 4 person ride

Click on a term to search for related topics.