05 Rep1000rr bogging out at 8000 rpm's - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-29-2010, 4:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

05 Rep1000rr bogging out at 8000 rpm's

Hello all,

I have a 05 Rep 1000rr with only 600 miles (purchased from a military guy with no time to ride) and it was in storage. Bike has a full Yoshi exhaust w/PC3. Bike starts, idles and runs fine.. BUT if the bike is in neutral and at idle it will bog out immediately if you crack the throttle to a hard rev. If you baby it, it revs up just fine and you can snap the throttle at any rpm without any hesitation. It's just at idle. The other problem is it bogs out at 8000 rpm's also. It has done this since day 1 even with the stock exhaust. It's in the shop and they're saying it's definitely a fuel issue. They're scratching theirs heads also. I know I'm reaching but could any of the injectors be bad, or does the ECM/ECU (computer) have any regulation of the fuel?

The reason I'm asking about the ECM/ECU is because this bike was originally in Japan and built to Japanese specs. Japan regulates their factory horse power to only 97hp for safety. They also block most of the air intake. I have since change out to U.S. air intake and air funnels (larger ports) but I'm still having the same bogging out that I had with the factory exhaust and air intake. The Bike also has the H.I.S.S. (Honda ignition security system) so changing to a U.S. EMC does not allow the bike to start at all.

If the ECM has anything to do (acting as a governor) with it at high speeds, what would cause it to bog at idle while in neutral ?
confused, any suggestions ?
Thanks all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-29-2010, 6:52 PM

Reputation Power: 7

Re: 05 Rep1000rr bogging out at 8000 rpm's

sounds like the fuel set up and carmalized. or there is a pinched fuel line. if the jap spec is the culprit i have an o4 ignition and lock set full wire harness and ecms in my part out and probly anything else you need

complete partout of 04 -07 cbr 1000rr
post #3 of 3 Old 05-30-2011, 12:07 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: 05 Rep1000rr bogging out at 8000 rpm's

hi did you ever get the cuttig out problem solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat283 View Post
Hello all,

I have a 05 Rep 1000rr with only 600 miles (purchased from a military guy with no time to ride) and it was in storage. Bike has a full Yoshi exhaust w/PC3. Bike starts, idles and runs fine.. BUT if the bike is in neutral and at idle it will bog out immediately if you crack the throttle to a hard rev. If you baby it, it revs up just fine and you can snap the throttle at any rpm without any hesitation. It's just at idle. The other problem is it bogs out at 8000 rpm's also. It has done this since day 1 even with the stock exhaust. It's in the shop and they're saying it's definitely a fuel issue. They're scratching theirs heads also. I know I'm reaching but could any of the injectors be bad, or does the ECM/ECU (computer) have any regulation of the fuel?
hi did they ever fix the cutting out problem on your blade
The reason I'm asking about the ECM/ECU is because this bike was originally in Japan and built to Japanese specs. Japan regulates their factory horse power to only 97hp for safety. They also block most of the air intake. I have since change out to U.S. air intake and air funnels (larger ports) but I'm still having the same bogging out that I had with the factory exhaust and air intake. The Bike also has the H.I.S.S. (Honda ignition security system) so changing to a U.S. EMC does not allow the bike to start at all.

If the ECM has anything to do (acting as a governor) with it at high speeds, what would cause it to bog at idle while in neutral ?
confused, any suggestions ?
Thanks all

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Search tags for this page
04 cbr 1000 hesitation when full throttle
07 gsxr 1000 cuting out at high rpm but when clutched it revs fine
2007 gsxr wont max rpm
cbr 10007000 rpm bogs down?

cbr1000rr 04 cut off rpm at 8000

cbr1000rr bogs on low rpms
honda cbr1000rr 2006 does not rev above 10000
my 06 cbr1000rr wont rev pass 8000 rpm
why cbr1000rr jerking at 8000rpm

why is my 06cbr1000rr cutting out at 7000 rpms

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page