Honda Motorcycle Forum
Honda Motorcycles
Navigation » Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion » BIKE WONT START!!! HELP!!

General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 5:11 AM   #1

Reputation Power: 0
haneanthony is on a distinguished road
BIKE WONT START!!! HELP!!

Hi,

I am a newb.. Just got a bike.. I bought an 08 hyosung gt250r for a farely cheap price although it was sitting in my friend's garage for about2 years so it had no electrical power.

I did the following:

Replaced oil
Replaced spark plugs
Replaced battery
Replaced oil filter

Now the bike turns on... and it is having trouble starting..

You can hear it starting and then just doesn't start.

I tried jump starting it, it will not turn over but it is not the start because it is trying to start just doesn't turn over.

Also tried putting it into gear and run starting it, got it to turn over and when i hit the throttle, engine just dies out.. So I got it to turnover about 3-4 times but the throttle shows no response.. Being that it has been sitting for two years i knew i would have issues starting it, but I hope to get it started and ride it to a shop to get it checked out.
haneanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-04-2012, 5:48 AM   #2
Global Moderator

Reputation Power: 219
bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BIKE WONT START!!! HELP!!

Originally Posted by haneanthony View Post
Hi,

I am a newb.. Just got a bike.. I bought an 08 hyosung gt250r for a farely cheap price although it was sitting in my friend's garage for about2 years so it had no electrical power.

I did the following:

Replaced oil
Replaced spark plugs
Replaced battery
Replaced oil filter

Now the bike turns on... and it is having trouble starting..

You can hear it starting and then just doesn't start.

I tried jump starting it, it will not turn over but it is not the start because it is trying to start just doesn't turn over.

Also tried putting it into gear and run starting it, got it to turn over and when i hit the throttle, engine just dies out.. So I got it to turnover about 3-4 times but the throttle shows no response.. Being that it has been sitting for two years i knew i would have issues starting it, but I hope to get it started and ride it to a shop to get it checked out.

Sitting for two years is certainly going to require disassembly of the carbs and thoroughly cleaning them out.
I assume you have removed the two-year-old fuel from the tank and carbs and replaced it with fresh fuel already?
Will it start and run while spraying starter fluid into the intake?
Does it have a fuel pump and is it working?
Old 06-04-2012, 8:32 AM   #3

Reputation Power: 20
vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of

What he said.
vfrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 7:14 AM   #4

Okay so today.. a friend recommend me to take out spark plugs, and then star the engine to have access fuel come out.. i had already drained the old fuel and replaced it.. now the engine turns over but only for a split second then dies. I rev it, but the throttle only seems to be responsive if i move it REALLY fast all the way open then just dies out again. I removed the spark plug that is under the gas tank and it is not sparking as the other spark plug is already burnt a bit. I took out carb.. going to get it cleaned.. but the spark plug in the 2nd cylinder is not igniting... engine revs to a maximum of 3000 rpm then dies. throttle is not feeding gas to the 2nd cylinder?
Old 06-05-2012, 7:16 AM   #5
Global Moderator

Reputation Power: 219
bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haneanthony View Post
Okay so today.. a friend recommend me to take out spark plugs, and then star the engine to have access fuel come out.. i had already drained the old fuel and replaced it.. now the engine turns over but only for a split second then dies. I rev it, but the throttle only seems to be responsive if i move it REALLY fast all the way open then just dies out again. I removed the spark plug that is under the gas tank and it is not sparking as the other spark plug is already burnt a bit. I took out carb.. going to get it cleaned.. but the spark plug in the 2nd cylinder is not igniting... engine revs to a maximum of 3000 rpm then dies. throttle is not feeding gas to the 2nd cylinder?

Did you try starter fluid?
Old 06-05-2012, 7:17 AM   #6

Im a newbie i don't know where the starter fluid goes or even where its located.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #7

Reputation Power: 20
vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of vfrman has much to be proud of

Get those carbs cleaned and give it another go. They could probably use a balance as well.
vfrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 6:23 PM   #8

Reputation Power: 8
kingcarlton is a name known to all kingcarlton is a name known to all kingcarlton is a name known to all kingcarlton is a name known to all kingcarlton is a name known to all kingcarlton is a name known to all

Starter fluid is located in your local garage or auto shop.
The tin will probably have instructions but you need to spray it into your intake, just remember to keep your face/hands etc clear of the carbs/intake when trying with starter fluid as a nasty sputter/backfire can and will burn pretty bad.
Dry cylinder and plugs means it isn't getting enough/any fuel and like said above ensure the carbs are removed, dismantled and cleaned properly
kingcarlton is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Tags
not starting , starting problem , troubleshoot

Search tags for this page
99 fireblade wont start hiss from carbs
bike motor is turning but wont start

bike turns over but wont start

changed oil in motorcycle now wont start

changed oil tw200 now wont start

cleaning hyosung gt250r after sitting for two years

hyosung 250gt not starting
hyosung jumped bike wont start
hyosung scooter starts on starter fluid then dies
my bike turns over but wont start
my hyosung wont turn over
over revved hyosung gt250r
Click on a term to search for related topics.