Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

turbo f4i

45K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  WyoJames 
#1 ·
Hey everyone im new to the board and i was wondering if anyone has experience turbocharging the f4i engine? i have turboed my 01 f4i and hopefully i will have it running in the next few days. i had it running with a different turbo set up but the turbo was too small and it didnt supply enough air(chevy sprint turbo). now i have remade the manifold to accept an ihi vj11 turbo from an 89 probe gt. according to the math this is the turbo i need. 9psi should give me around 150whp. just wondering on everyones thoughts or experience with turbogcharging this bike.

drew

#4 ·
If I didn't already have too many damned projects I'd keep my 929 and turbo it.

Cool project, would love to see some pics and hear how you dealt with the fuel system.

#5 ·
sorry i dont get a chance to get online much. im still waiting on a radiator because mine has a hole in it. it should be in soon. ill post some pictures as soon as i get a chance. also does anyone know where i can get an oil filter relocator?

#10 ·
ok, so where do I get info on this turbo thing. I think I finally found a use for the f4i. Maybe the wife won't even notice if I put a turbo on her bike. :evilaugh: You think a turbo f4i would be faster than my 954?

#16 ·
still looking for pc3 or pc3r if anybody has one. im in the process of fabricating an oil filter relocater. if one is available let me know. i had the wideband on it and it is accellerating in the range of 9:1 so i assume the added back pressure of the turbo is loading it up when not under boost. i hope to get it fine tuned soon because im tired of riding my beater ninja 250.:sleep:

#20 ·
Turbo charging any bike can take some time and most do not have map sensors to allow the proper reading of positive pressure so that makes getting the tune a little tougher. Effective compression ratio's, enough fuel and pressure all play a factor . Now days you also have so many different types of turbos to choose from. I used the GT25 on my V-Rod, it spools fast and has no problem holding 8psi from 3k rpm to 9,500 rpm and of course it is a ball brg turbo and not bushing.

#21 ·
Turbo charging any bike can take some time and most do not have map sensors to allow the proper reading of positive pressure so that makes getting the tune a little tougher. Effective compression ratio's, enough fuel and pressure all play a factor . Now days you also have so many different types of turbos to choose from. I used the GT25 on my V-Rod, it spools fast and has no problem holding 8psi from 3k rpm to 9,500 rpm and of course it is a ball brg turbo and not bushing.

http://www.v-rodforums.com/gallery/files/1/KG7Q9873.jpg
:clap: Max that is one sharp bike!

#23 ·
My wife worked for the Frisco paper for years and she had the contract and did all the photos for the Frisco Rough Riders for two years so the bike was in Frisco often. It is an 02 that just passed 40k miles on the odometer.

Johnnycrash, thanks for the comments. I shopped a lot of different turbo packages and went with one from Nick Trask of Custom performance. Nick makes it a pretty simple install and he did the map for the bike. Most of the other things are like Weld Wheels, Cary Faas Racing swing arm and seat. The gauge unit is a custom built gauge that uses the bikes serial data so It gives me a great deal of ECM information. The Bars were a custom set made and many of the items on the bike are custom one off builds. Some of the things you can't see in the picture are a pingel electronic shift unit with full up-down control, custom offset sprocket to handle the 8.5 inch wheel and 240 rear tire. I have a complete set of Brembo brakes and cylinders that just arrived so that will be the next project for the bike.

#32 ·
Can someone help me with some advice. I want to turbocharge my 600 F3. I know about all the parts I need. My only concern is selecting the proper size turbo, tunning, and kit construction to insure smooth delivery of power to the rear tire. Help because I really want that extra power instead of upgrading to a 900rr engine or a new bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.