Re: Hiss programming 600rr
Hope this helps some of you!!
Taken from the Haynes manual, this procedure along with the home made cable (photo's in my gallery) worked a treat on my 03 600rr. On the bikes wiring harness the Yellow wire should be used as the positive 12v+ dc and the white/yellow 12v -
1. Obtain a new transponder key.
2. Grind the key in accordance with the shape of the original key.
3. Apply 12V battery voltage to the ignition pulse generator lines of the engine control module (ECM) using the special tool (page 20-5).
4. Turn the ignition switch ON with the original key. The immobiliser indicator comes on and it remains on.
*The code of the original key is recognised by the ECM.
*If there is any problem in the immobiliser system, the system will enter the diagnostic mode and the indicator will remain on for approx. ten seconds, then it will indicate the diagnostic code (page 20-5).
5. Disconnect the red clip of the inspection adaptor from the battery positive (+) terminal for two seconds or more, then connect it again. The indicator remains on for approx. two seconds, then it blinks four times repeatedly.
*The immobiliser system (HISS) enters the registration mode. Registrations of all key except the original key inserted in the ignition switch are cancelled. (Registration of the lost key or spare key is cancelled.)
The spare key must be registered again.
6. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the key.
7. Turn the ignition switch ON with a new key or the spare key. (Never use the key registered in previous step.) The indicator comes on for two seconds, then it blinks four times repeatedly.
*The new key or spare key is registered in the ECM.
*If there is any problem in the registration, the system will enter the diagnostic mode and the indicator will remain on for approx. ten seconds, then it will indicate the diagnostic code (page 20-6).
Keep the other transponder key away from the immobiliser receiver more than 50mm (2.0 in).
8. Repeat the steps 6 and 7 when you continuously register the other new key.
The ECM can store up to four key codes. (The four keys can be registered.)
9. Turn the ignition switch OFF, remove the inspection adaptor and connect the ignition pulse generator connector.
10. Turn the ignition ON with the registered key.
*The immobiliser system (HISS) returns to the normal mode.
11. Check that the engine can be started using all registered key.
Contact me if you need any more photos, This worked for me but follow this at your own risk!!