My 04 VTX 1300 C has been dying while riding it lately and i cant find the reason. There is something either mechanically wrong or Electrically wrong with the bike that is causing this issue.
1) dies while riding, low RPM, High RPM, Mid RPM, Witch clutch in, With clutch out, moving or sitting at Idel.
2) have drained and refilled the gas tank and went through the fuel hoses to the carb with no issues.
3) totally random, happened after a 2 hour ride and after starting.
4) once it happens takes anywhere from 1 to 20 tries to get the engine to re start
5) the engine turns but acts like there is no gas/ or air. But never smells totally flooded, but after 5 attempts of the engine spinning or so I do smell gas.
6) i ran carb cleaner through about 500 miles ago when i took it out of storage in April. No issues until one random day 2 weeks ago. had this problem ever since.
any ideas? its driving me nuts and i dont want to wait a month for the honda service department to have time to look at it in 30 days!
Please help so i can ride my cruiser again!