Honda Motorcycle Forum
Honda Motorcycles
Navigation » Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade » Urban Tiger restoration

Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2014, 7:40 PM   #1

Reputation Power: 1
Spursfandes is on a distinguished road
Urban Tiger restoration

Hi Guys and girls
I have had a couple of early Blades (always loved them) I have just managed to get my hands on a 1995 Urban Tiger with only 19600miles that had been sat around for ages she has had her carbs stripped and cleaned forks stripped, new oil and seals, brakes stripped and rebuilt and valve clearances checked. She is now running sweet (all done by someone else I am just starting to get my hands dirty so have much to learn ). I have added an extra fuel filter in front of the fuel pump (Just to catch any gunk left before it hits the pump) and will be running her with a cleaning additive in the fuel for the next 5 or 6 tanks. If the first filter is clean after this I will remove it.
Anyway the reason for this post is the rear tail fairing on the lefthand side was cracked with a corner missing. Repaired this with fibreglass and touch up paint. But does not look the best. I have had a quote for getting a complete set of fairings restored and am currently trying to source the fairings.
My question is does it matter what paint scheme is already on the fairings or are the Honda part numbers the same whatever scheme is on them?

Can anyone out there help me get a set of fairings for a 94/95 Blade?

Also can you still get fairings from Honda? (no doubt this would cost the earth but is it possible?)

Any help or advice would be awesome thanks for listening
Regards
Des
Spursfandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #2

Reputation Power: 55
RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Urban Tiger restoration

The different paint schemes do have different part numbers (I believe) for the OEM parts if they are pre-finished. If you get them "nekkid" they won't matter. Ozzy Fairings is one of the site sponsors that will get you a complete set for around $600usd shipped (I think that is shipped). If you want to check on OEM you could go to Motosport.com and look under the OEM parts tab. Just load your bike in and you can price all of it out. You may be able to just grab a bunch of different painted fairings from Fleabay and have them painted (if they are in good shape), but that would likely cost as much as a set from Ozzy. Check out Lambchops' winter revamp thread for the good work they do on the early blades (I think his is an RRW).
Old 03-29-2014, 10:59 PM   #3

Reputation Power: 55
RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute RRDemon has a reputation beyond repute

Did a quick look at your bike on Motosport.com for the OEM's, just the lower cowls are about $450 each... you'd be at well over $2,000usd for a full set of OEM's, if not closer (maybe even exceeding) $3k.
Old 03-30-2014, 5:31 AM   #4

Originally Posted by RRDemon View Post
Did a quick look at your bike on Motosport.com for the OEM's, just the lower cowls are about $450 each... you'd be at well over $2,000usd for a full set of OEM's, if not closer (maybe even exceeding) $3k.
Thank you RRDemon I will check that out. By the time I have got a set and got them painted (paint alone is 1100) it may be worth getting band new OEM fairings. $3000 is about 1800 I think so not so bad for brand new since I would be close to that for secondhand and repainted.
Old 03-30-2014, 7:00 AM   #5

Reputation Power: 10
saxonblade is a glorious beacon of light saxonblade is a glorious beacon of light saxonblade is a glorious beacon of light saxonblade is a glorious beacon of light saxonblade is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with RRDemon. Check out Lambchops thread. I'm sure fairings from ozzy fairings were much cheaper than the prices you are stating...
saxonblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:34 AM   #6

Originally Posted by saxonblade View Post
I agree with RRDemon. Check out Lambchops thread. I'm sure fairings from ozzy fairings were much cheaper than the prices you are stating...
I agree that is a great thread I am on about page 20 so far. I would love to get to that sort of skill level Lambchop has some awesome skills and is doing a fantastic job.
I want to turn mine into a near perfect original. Not sure what it is like in the states but over here people are asking upto 4500 for a good Urban tiger (not that I would sell mine) I think they are worth that yet but prices are definitely on the up and will only continue that way.
I am considering buying a write off to mess about with to improve my skills that way I wont ruin my ride lol

It matters not where you are or what you are doing when your time is up your time is up!! So get on with living
Old 03-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #7
Global Moderator

Reputation Power: 214
bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spursfandes View Post
Hi Guys and girls
I have had a couple of early Blades (always loved them) I have just managed to get my hands on a 1995 Urban Tiger with only 19600miles that had been sat around for ages she has had her carbs stripped and cleaned forks stripped, new oil and seals, brakes stripped and rebuilt and valve clearances checked. She is now running sweet (all done by someone else I am just starting to get my hands dirty so have much to learn ). I have added an extra fuel filter in front of the fuel pump (Just to catch any gunk left before it hits the pump) and will be running her with a cleaning additive in the fuel for the next 5 or 6 tanks. If the first filter is clean after this I will remove it.
Anyway the reason for this post is the rear tail fairing on the lefthand side was cracked with a corner missing. Repaired this with fibreglass and touch up paint. But does not look the best. I have had a quote for getting a complete set of fairings restored and am currently trying to source the fairings.
My question is does it matter what paint scheme is already on the fairings or are the Honda part numbers the same whatever scheme is on them?

Can anyone out there help me get a set of fairings for a 94/95 Blade?

Also can you still get fairings from Honda? (no doubt this would cost the earth but is it possible?)

Any help or advice would be awesome thanks for listening
Regards
Des

E230 for each side of the tail.
Honda Cbr900rr Fire Blade 1995 England Side Cover - schematic partsfiche
Yes, part numbers are different for each scheme.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #8
Global Moderator

bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RRDemon View Post
The different paint schemes do have different part numbers (I believe) for the OEM parts if they are pre-finished. If you get them "nekkid" they won't matter. Ozzy Fairings is one of the site sponsors that will get you a complete set for around $600usd shipped (I think that is shipped). If you want to check on OEM you could go to Motosport.com and look under the OEM parts tab. Just load your bike in and you can price all of it out. You may be able to just grab a bunch of different painted fairings from Fleabay and have them painted (if they are in good shape), but that would likely cost as much as a set from Ozzy. Check out Lambchops' winter revamp thread for the good work they do on the early blades (I think his is an RRW).

Some kits include a tank cover so you don't need to paint the tank to match the fairings, some kits don't - check first.
Old 03-30-2014, 1:49 PM   #9

Reputation Power: 69
Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute

Great as Ozzie fairings are they are not oem quality.. I will be changing mine for oem next year ( was going to this year but ran out of cash again) get good secondhand pannels and get them painted, it's what I plan to do. Some of mine are cracking now but have lasted 3 years, don't expect the replica ones to last like oem the materials used are just not the same.

Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/ysIOKccFSFQ

My 900RR Winter Project
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html
Lambchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 4:00 PM   #10

Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
E230 for each side of the tail.
Honda Cbr900rr Fire Blade 1995 England Side Cover - schematic partsfiche
Yes, part numbers are different for each scheme.
Mental I have just ben on that site expensive but awesome. Only thing I could not find was the front cowl/light unit.
Thanks for taking the time to find that for me Bladeracer

It matters not where you are or what you are doing when your time is up your time is up!! So get on with living
Old 03-30-2014, 4:02 PM   #11
Global Moderator

Originally Posted by Spursfandes View Post
Mental I have just ben on that site expensive but awesome. Only thing I could not find was the front cowl/light unit.
Thanks for taking the time to find that for me Bladeracer

One of these?
parts honda cbr900rr fire blade 1995 england cbr900 accessories
Old 03-30-2014, 4:04 PM   #12

Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
Great as Ozzie fairings are they are not oem quality.. I will be changing mine for oem next year ( was going to this year but ran out of cash again) get good secondhand pannels and get them painted, it's what I plan to do. Some of mine are cracking now but have lasted 3 years, don't expect the replica ones to last like oem the materials used are just not the same.
I think that too OEM is the way to go. I think it will just take me a long time to get the full set. Along with an angry missus when I spend that much money on "bits of plastic" they just don't understand lol

Old 03-30-2014, 4:13 PM   #13

Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Yes that is awesome thank you I was looking through all the exploded drawings and could not find that part I had found every other piece but not that one.
Man they do cost some serious money though
may continue with my plan of secondhand ones but will still need that light cowl. You never get an undamaged one secondhand

Thank you Bladeracer I will save that page

Old 03-31-2014, 4:56 PM   #14

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	59038[/ATTACH][/ATTACH] this is my bike for anyone interested
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0002.jpg‎   DSC_0022.jpg‎  

Old 03-31-2014, 5:04 PM   #15

Reputation Power: 0
justarn is a jewel in the rough justarn is a jewel in the rough justarn is a jewel in the rough justarn is a jewel in the rough

nice looking blade, is that your one? looks great
justarn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Search tags for this page

cbr900rr tiger fairing

tiger blade for sale honda
Click on a term to search for related topics.