Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Can't find out what's wrong with this damn bike!?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  954Kevin 
#1 ·
New rectifier, stator checked, new tps, new cam angle sensor, newish plugs, eBay fuel pump that tests 4 oz in 3 seconds while priming, BMW filter, wrapped hinder, custom mid pipe, two bro muffler, servo delete, flapper mod, still throwing tps code. Any one have any suggestions????

Attachments

#2 ·
Whatever you do, never, ever, take it in to a repair shop, because they will pinpoint the problem and that skill will cost you money, which otherwise could have been used on something to give you bragging rights. How much are you buried in it now? Such an sound economical decision.
Keep revving it like that on a cold unloaded engine. "Rev tuning" is great for the bottom end. We were talking about FI and carb issues just the other day.

#3 ·
I've bought budget used parts off friends n eBay when I can, I can't afford 62.50 an hour shop rate. And the bike was warm I'm not a complete idiot. If u don't have anything constructive to say then wtf waste yours and my time trolling? But thanks for the bump! Any one have any ideas?

#4 ·
What bike? Looks like 954 but hard to tell in video.

Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator on the left side of the fuel rail? Pull off the vacuum hose and turn on the key. If you see fuel drip then its bad. With the airbox off the bike the iat and map sensors are not connected so that may be why its running rough in the video.

Download the service manual and do the reset procedure for the computer to clear any stored trouble codes.

#7 ·
they dont always drip when they are bad. sometimes #1 and 4 pistons are affected more than the center two with a bad fpr. you can tell by looking at the spark plugs or use a temp gun n see if the outside exhaust headers are a different temp. that can be a symptom or faulty fpr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.