Does anybody recognise this bike - Firehawk - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 01-26-2016, 1:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Does anybody recognise this bike - Firehawk

Hi,

Does any body know anything about this bike?

Has 4 discs on the front and some very trick billet items on it

I am told it is an original Motoworld 954 Fire Hawk and ridden by Gary Mason?

Any ideas? Value?

Many Thanks Ade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 01-26-2016, 1:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 117

Garage
Re: Does anybody recognise this bike - Firehawk

Can't help you much with the bike, definitely a cool, ride obviously has some history. Tank is a 954, frame looks to be also.
I'm sure someone on here will provide some input. I see the race cart in the one photo, brings back some memories. Do you race?
BTW,

Here's a little something:

2002 954 Motopower Firehawk info wanted

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli

Last edited by fj1200rj; 01-26-2016 at 2:31 PM.
post #3 of 38 Old 01-26-2016, 2:16 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 8

That has some seriously cool and trick bits.....like those WP forks. It's got to be a legit Firehawk with those bits.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0811847&type=3

That is a collectors item for sure.

1996 Honda CBR 900RR Fireblade
2001 Honda RC51 SP1
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

RC51 Build- http://tinyurl.com/SP1-Project

CBR 900RR Build- http://tinyurl.com/oe7dfmf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 Old 01-26-2016, 3:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts455 View Post
That has some seriously cool and trick bits.....like those WP forks. It's got to be a legit Firehawk with those bits.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0811847&type=3

That is a collectors item for sure.
Does anybody have an idea of what an original works Firehawk is worth in this condition. It has no engine though?

Thanks
post #5 of 38 Old 01-26-2016, 4:18 PM

Not very much without the engine. My guess is a couple of grand because of the trick parts.

But it really comes down to whatever someone would want to pay since only a few of these were ever made. I've never seen one for sale so there is really no price comparison. I'd personally love to have the frontend off that thing.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50

post #6 of 38 Old 01-26-2016, 5:52 PM

I know the bike well. It was built to cover Honda's no show in 2002 BSB. Honda supported the team with as much as they were able without actually putting their own name to it. I don't know - I can't tell from the photos but I remember well the four calliper front brakes. Very advanced for the time. In a sense, the bike is the only works Honda in the 2002 BSB. I know where the engine is. If someone could help me track down the bike I'd be very grateful. It would be good to get it reunited.

As for values: with all racing history and in particular Honda - there has to be an historic value of many times a standard road bike of the same period. They made two bikes I think. One went to reside in a private collection (not seen in ages) I think the other was trashed. They also made some road bikes from this project. I don't recall how many - perhaps a dozen. I think they sold for 15-20k in 02. I'd say the WP forks/rear shock and front brakes would be worth far more than GTS455 thinks. If you know where the bike is, please let me know. With thanks. Ian.
post #7 of 38 Old 01-27-2016, 4:48 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoxton View Post
I know the bike well. It was built to cover Honda's no show in 2002 BSB. Honda supported the team with as much as they were able without actually putting their own name to it. I don't know - I can't tell from the photos but I remember well the four calliper front brakes. Very advanced for the time. In a sense, the bike is the only works Honda in the 2002 BSB. I know where the engine is. If someone could help me track down the bike I'd be very grateful. It would be good to get it reunited.

As for values: with all racing history and in particular Honda - there has to be an historic value of many times a standard road bike of the same period. They made two bikes I think. One went to reside in a private collection (not seen in ages) I think the other was trashed. They also made some road bikes from this project. I don't recall how many - perhaps a dozen. I think they sold for 15-20k in 02. I'd say the WP forks/rear shock and front brakes would be worth far more than GTS455 thinks. If you know where the bike is, please let me know. With thanks. Ian.
Do you know what was done to the engine? I actually changed few emails with the bikes designer few years back but he didn't reply to the last email i sent him.
post #8 of 38 Old 01-27-2016, 4:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoxton View Post

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the comprehensive reply and details on the bike.

I have the opportunity of getting the bike as it stands now without the engine, as you said it is in a private collection and not available for general purchase, and I have come across it due to a sale of one of my bikes.

I would be very interested in also reuniting the original engine to the chassis, and this was the reason for trying to get details on the bike.
Is this something you could facilitate and would you know if the engine is available or just the whereabouts? Also do you know the condition of the engine and if it is in the UK or overseas?

Unsure how you can message individuals on the forum as I would be happy to discuss the bike with you? But you can contact me on Tel 07739610213

Many Thanks Ade
post #9 of 38 Old 01-27-2016, 5:09 AM Thread Starter

Ian,

A couple more pictures of the bike:

I hope the pictures allow to identify the bike a little more?

Many Thanks

Ade
post #10 of 38 Old 01-27-2016, 6:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 117

Garage

Hell, if you can get it for the right price I'd buy it, find a wrecked 929 or 954, transfer the engine and whatever else it needs to get it rideable and leave it in "as Raced" condition and show up at the local bike hot spot. It would surely be a point of interest. At least where I go it would. There’s are car cruise night I sometimes go to once or twice a year that draws some real high dollar hot rods and show cars, ran into Jay Leno and Tim Allen a couple times. There's a guy that owns a Hertz 427 S/C Cobra race car. For those that don't know, the S/C stands for "Semi-Competition" and only about 30 were produced in 1965. It is still in "as raced" condition from 1965, which isn't very good, but it's one of my favorite cars there, sitting amongst all the $10,0000 paint jobs. It has earned its "patina".

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00140-700x466.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	63792

Name:	DSC00141-700x466.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	63793

Name:	DSC00146-700x466.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	63794

My bad, I didn't mean to thread jack, I started typing about what I would do if I could buy that bike and it made me think of this car and I got sidetracked... OOO look, something shiny!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli

Last edited by fj1200rj; 01-27-2016 at 6:27 AM.
post #11 of 38 Old 01-27-2016, 10:56 AM

Thanks to this forum the engine and bike can be reunited. The important thing is that this bike is preserved for the future. It's an important machine - One day Honda (Even out of sheer embarrassment for not having been able to fund a full works BSB entry in 2002) will want it for their museum. I watched this Firehawk in South Africa at the Zwartkops circuit. It must be five years or more ago. So it was a pleasure to be able to talk to the owner this morning. Looking forward to seeing it again. Well done ADE for digging it up.
post #12 of 38 Old 01-27-2016, 12:42 PM
Greenie

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 181

WoW! This is the most interesting and coolest thread I've seen in a very long time! The first thing I noticed was the size of those stanchions. Massive! (Don't let my girlfriend see those things!)

Please, keep us updated as progress unfolds.

Wishing the best of luck to those concerned in bringing that bike back to it's former glory.
post #13 of 38 Old 01-27-2016, 12:59 PM

Very cool. Keep us updated

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50

post #14 of 38 Old 01-27-2016, 2:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 3

Garage

this 954 was build for the BSB (exist also street version with 170hp as you can see from the link of facebook) i don't know if it's the same FireHawk, but maybe this 954 can be also of Matt Llewellyn but in other photo seems that after they upgrade for radial forks if she has the same mods as the street version that 954 has 170hp .. watch here=)
Matt Llewellyn

Gary Mason

[IMG][/IMG]
post #15 of 38 Old 01-27-2016, 2:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 3

Garage

im translating the engine mods that has the street version of the FireHawk:

THead undoubtedly the test bench , which not only reveals a peak power of 178 hp at 13,000 rpm measured to the drive wheel , but also a substantial increase in torque , with maximum value achieved at 9,000 rpm compared to 9,200 Model standard and constant up to 11,000 rpm .
Almost unbelievable even the threshold of the limiter , set at a regime almost stratospheric for a 4 -cylinder 75x54 mm : 14,200 rounds , against 11,800 rpm limiter Fireblade standard.Di this bike , which delivers about 180 hp at the wheel ( which means nearly 200 hp to the shaft )

His was a meticulous work of refinement , it started from the crankshaft and main bearings , with very accurate review of the games and the balancing operation , essential for the achievement in balancing essential for the achievement in full security regimes so high . On the cylinder head they have been replaced camshafts with other original Motopower that ensure a most raised ( 9.1 mm instead of 8.7 mm ) at the exhaust.
The compression ratio is increased to 12.5: 1 with the Pistons series, but a significant performance increase is also due to the change in the system of induction air to the air-box, consisting of two double pipes that led to the modification of the fairing. Not being able to get from Honda access codes to the system of injection / ignition, Savory has kept the hardware standard, but adopted a programmable control unit built in England by Race Tech Developments, one of the many companies closely related to the world of Formula 1.
The motor, thus enhanced, is mounted on the frame of the series; the standard fork, a Showa fork with 43 mm, is equipped with fully adjustable damping system Penske, while on the drive wheel suspension pro-link modified need a WP monoshock racing. OZ wheels forged, built in Italy designed Motopower, can save 1.7 kg each to the wheels as standard. The total weight of the motorcycle is 166 kg.
To reduce the gyroscopic effect of the standard discs of 300 mm, the front brake has been replaced with two pairs of Beringer discs of 210 mm with four-piston calipers.

[IMG][/IMG]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page