Auctmarts 03 CBR954 Fairing Review 2016 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 03-31-2016, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Auctmarts 03 CBR954 Fairing Review 2016

Hi I'm new to this forum but not new to bikes. My previous bike was a Cbr600F4 that i modified to look like the F4i's. Anyway I recently bought a 2003 CBR 954 for a pretty decent price. $2700 had a PC5 and Yoshi pipe and about 20k Miles on it. I ordered some fairings from Auctmarts.com because the old fairings were in crap shape. I have ordered from Auctmarts before with my CBR600 and i really didn't have any fitment issues.

Here is a run down of how it went. Hopefully someone else ordering from this company will find this useful since it is recent.

Feb 24th, 2016- I contacted auctmarts via email.
sales@auctmarts.com via yahoo.com
Feb 24

to me

Hello,
we have receive your payment, but would you mind to send us a picture of what you order, and what model is your bike and the year of make please.

please email us back as soon as possible to start the order, because we really do not want to make any mistake.

once again, thanks for buying from us and we appreciate your patience.

regards
auctmarts

Total cost was $459.99

I sent them my paint scheme and a day later they verified they received it.

March 2nd 2016- I asked them how much would it be to add a passenger seat cover the same color. They told me it was $20 and send me the Paypal link.

March 8th 2016 i asked about the status and this was the response.

your order still under the order process and because we have a Chinese New Year and made the delay and we have already process your order and the painting time will a little longer, and please kindly understand and forgive once the item is ready and we must inform you thru the email

March 20th I still didn't see anything and started to get impatient so i sent them another email asking the status.

March 22nd I got this response:

sales@auctmarts.com via yahoo.com
Attachments Mar 22 (9 days ago)

to me
Hello,
Fairing kit is painted as your requested. Please find attached picture(s). Tracking number will be provided within couple days, once again, thanks for buying from us and we appreciate your patience.

Should you have any question, please feel free to ask.

please reply this message after you receive this email

regards
auctmarts

I verified the images and told them it looked good to me and they said they will be in touch with the tracking.

March 29th 2016- I received this email.
Dear Customer:

Thank you for purchasing a fairing kit from our store. Your fairing has been shipping out.

To ensure the package is delivered unopened. We have implemented a security system by placing two sticks on the bottom of the package. Please let us know if the stickers have been remove or tempered with.
http://www.auctmarts.com/auctmarts1/..._with_care.JPG

Please leave us a perfect 5 stars rating with positive feedback. Your help and feedback on eBay is extremely important to us.
Excellent customer service has always been one of our top priority. If there are any concerns that arise at any point of the transaction, please do not hesitate and contact us immediately. Please do not leave us any negative or neutral feedback as this will affect our eBay rating. We are always here to help!
Here is the tracking number to your fairing kit packages.

March 31st 2016- I am currently waiting for the items to be shipped to my home. At that point i will review the quality and fitment. So far the shipment has been put on the plane from Hong Kong so it should be here soon. From my previous experiences it usually only takes a day to clear customs in Chicago when i order from them and then its at my door in a day or 2.
Attached Thumbnails
5147E5C3@F10CC167.E0E9F056.jpg‎   DB892240@F10CC167.E0E9F056.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-31-2016, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

Re: Auctmarts 03 CBR954 Fairing Review 2016

They look good in the pictures. I hope you get the pad insert for the seat cowl. I never really get to impatient when I order something from China since I know it is going to take sometime before I get it. Especially with Chinese New Year you can not expect anything to be on time. I hope they turn out good and keep us up to date since I will be ordering fairings soon.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-11-2016, 1:23 PM Thread Starter

Ok so i got the fairings in about a week ago but i haven't been able to install them yet until a few parts came in. I will be updating by the end of the week. So far the fairings look good though. I will have a full breakdown later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-11-2016, 2:36 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

Garage

I've fitted a full set of Chinese fairings to my 1994 Fireblade and have been really impressed, like you I found the communication excellent and for around £260 brilliant value

1994 Urban Tiger Project

"Endless motorbike talk can and does bore me" - Barry Sheene
post #5 of 12 Old 04-12-2016, 2:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

Did you order from Auctionmart on eBay or a direct web site?
post #6 of 12 Old 04-12-2016, 3:08 PM
Supporting Member

Garage

I bought mine from woo-wall off eBay

1994 Urban Tiger Project

post #7 of 12 Old 04-20-2016, 9:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabotage View Post
Did you order from Auctionmart on eBay or a direct web site?
I ordered direct from auctmarts site using the sales email. They sent a Paypal link and i paid them that way.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-20-2016, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the delay i got a little busy. This bike was in horrible condition when i got it so i had a lot of wrenching to do. Anyway here is the rest of the timeline.

April 1st 2016- My Package cleared US customs. (literally was in customs a few hours)

April 3rd 2016- The Items arrived to my house in 2 separate boxes.

Below are my Impressions of the products:

Shipping Speed- (10/10): Literally was shipped on the 31st in Hong Kong and was on my door step on the 3rd. It took longer for me to receive a brake fluid cup from California then it did to get 2 large boxes from Hong Kong!!

Packaging- (10/10) - Everything was wrapped up really tight. There were no nicks or anything in the paint or the plastic due to bad packaging. There was so much packing material that i had to put it all in an empty garbage bag because it was everywhere LOL.

Quality of Plastic- (9/10) - The Plastic is actually thicker then i thought it would be. Doesn't seem like its really easy to crack but i feel if i laid my bike down it would probably break more then OEM. The plastic seems thicker then the set i had for my CBR F4 so i was quite impressed.

Paint Color
(9/10)- The color was exactly what i asked for. I wasn't matching it to anything so I don't know if the colors would ever match OEM paint. The orange actually has a little metal flake in it which surprised me a lot. It makes the Orange POP. This grade may change later if it starts to fade a lot.

Paint Finish
- (7/10) - Honestly this is my biggest gripe of the entire set. The clear coat seems thin even though they tout "3 coats of clear" on their ebay page. I honestly might get a friend of mine to apply one more coat of clear to protect it more.

Fitment- (8.5/10)- All of the holes match up but some parts i couldn't use the OEM bolts unless i drilled out some of the holes. Since the bike didn't have many OEM bolts left anyway i just used the Aftermarket ones i bought just in case. No big deal for me but could be annoying for some. The tail was a bitch to get on but it fits beautifully. The nose also fits very well. On my 600 i used to have an issue with the holes on the underside where the 2 side fairings meet at the bottom not matching up, but on this set the holes match perfectly. Honestly the kit fits very well with very little bending, but you may have to widen some holes. Also on the sides it doesn't match up as flush as i want to the front cowl. Its a small gap on one side.

Passenger seat Cowl
- (8/10)- The Cowl is decent. The main issue i had was that the screws to mount it on the seat bracket were off my a mm or so. I basically had to bend the plastic on the mounting part of the cowl to get it to fit. Once i got it on there it was cool But it definitely was a headache. Also that little black rubber piece was a pain in the ass to get on there. For $20 though i wasn't complaining too much. It was a good deal and it looks good.

Overall Experience
-(8.5/10)- Overall the experience was very positive. They communicated fairly well for being in Hong Kong. Also the shipping was crazy fast. The main things that annoyed me were drilling 1 or 2 holes and the clear coat on the fairings makes it scratch up easily. I would definitely recommend others getting a set of fairings from them. This is my 4th set in total (1st on the CBR 954) and the quality gets better with each set that i order.

Im a Happy Camper NOW i need to order an Orange tank decal. Anyone know where i can get one? The one that continues from the side it kind of looks like a triangle.

post #9 of 12 Old 04-20-2016, 1:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 117

Garage

Looks great! I would rate my Chinese fairings about the same. My CBR decals are actually incorrectly located, so the foot of the R disappears under the turn signal. But hey, for $400 I can live with it. There's a reason we call them "Chinese Blueprints". Amazing what a difference $400 can make.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #10 of 12 Old 04-20-2016, 2:00 PM
Supporting Member

Garage

it looks bloody good fitted, that's a result!

1994 Urban Tiger Project

post #11 of 12 Old 04-22-2016, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Welp one of the bolts on the passenger seat cowl broke off so I'm downgrading that to a 3/10 for shotty craftsmanship. Looks like i will be doing some fabrication.
post #12 of 12 Old 02-17-2017, 4:03 PM

Garage

That looks incredible.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Search tags for this page

auctmarks fairing reviews

auctmart reviews 2016 uk

auctmarts 2016

auctmarts fairings review 2016

auctmarts review 2016

auctmarts reviews

best chinese motorcyle fairings

cbr 954 chinese fairings review

honda 954 chinese fairing kit review

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page