Sorry for the delay i got a little busy. This bike was in horrible condition when i got it so i had a lot of wrenching to do. Anyway here is the rest of the timeline.
April 1st 2016
- My Package cleared US customs. (literally was in customs a few hours)
April 3rd 2016
- The Items arrived to my house in 2 separate boxes.
Below are my Impressions of the products:
- (10/10): Literally was shipped on the 31st in Hong Kong and was on my door step on the 3rd. It took longer for me to receive a brake fluid cup from California then it did to get 2 large boxes from Hong Kong!!
- (10/10) - Everything was wrapped up really tight. There were no nicks or anything in the paint or the plastic due to bad packaging. There was so much packing material that i had to put it all in an empty garbage bag because it was everywhere LOL.
Quality of Plastic
- (9/10) - The Plastic is actually thicker then i thought it would be. Doesn't seem like its really easy to crack but i feel if i laid my bike down it would probably break more then OEM. The plastic seems thicker then the set i had for my CBR F4 so i was quite impressed.
(9/10)- The color was exactly what i asked for. I wasn't matching it to anything so I don't know if the colors would ever match OEM paint. The orange actually has a little metal flake in it which surprised me a lot. It makes the Orange POP. This grade may change later if it starts to fade a lot.
- (7/10) - Honestly this is my biggest gripe of the entire set. The clear coat seems thin even though they tout "3 coats of clear" on their ebay page. I honestly might get a friend of mine to apply one more coat of clear to protect it more.
- (8.5/10)- All of the holes match up but some parts i couldn't use the OEM bolts unless i drilled out some of the holes. Since the bike didn't have many OEM bolts left anyway i just used the Aftermarket ones i bought just in case. No big deal for me but could be annoying for some. The tail was a bitch to get on but it fits beautifully. The nose also fits very well. On my 600 i used to have an issue with the holes on the underside where the 2 side fairings meet at the bottom not matching up, but on this set the holes match perfectly. Honestly the kit fits very well with very little bending, but you may have to widen some holes. Also on the sides it doesn't match up as flush as i want to the front cowl. Its a small gap on one side.
Passenger seat Cowl
- (8/10)- The Cowl is decent. The main issue i had was that the screws to mount it on the seat bracket were off my a mm or so. I basically had to bend the plastic on the mounting part of the cowl to get it to fit. Once i got it on there it was cool But it definitely was a headache. Also that little black rubber piece was a pain in the ass to get on there. For $20 though i wasn't complaining too much. It was a good deal and it looks good.
-(8.5/10)- Overall the experience was very positive. They communicated fairly well for being in Hong Kong. Also the shipping was crazy fast. The main things that annoyed me were drilling 1 or 2 holes and the clear coat on the fairings makes it scratch up easily. I would definitely recommend others getting a set of fairings from them. This is my 4th set in total (1st on the CBR 954) and the quality gets better with each set that i order.
Im a Happy Camper
NOW i need to order an Orange tank decal. Anyone know where i can get one? The one that continues from the side it kind of looks like a triangle.