Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Dead spot on 929.. need help!!!!

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  954bladed 
#1 ·
So I have a 2000 cbr 929.. bought it.. same day I got it.. it dropped a valve.. replaced head.. headgasket and etc.. even changed the harness.. added a power commander 5.. now.. the problem.. it idles way to low and dies and when I hit the gas it bogs down.. in every gear.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. my mechanic said maybe a tps.. is there anyway to clean that? Do we have to sync the throttle bodies? He's even stumped on this one.. I'm pretty sure he didn't sync the throttle bodies but is it necessary? Plz help!!!!!!!! I've had this bike a year and only rode it twice :(

#9 ·
my mechanic said maybe a tps.. is there anyway to clean that?
Does it have a code? No. Not it. No cleaning needed... if it coded, pins were green, then yes, that is about all there is to clean.

Do we have to sync the throttle bodies?
No.

He's even stumped on this one..
:huh: Recheck cam timing? Or is this with the servo mod and that bog/dead spot?

#10 ·
Does it have a code? No. Not it. No cleaning needed... if it coded, pins were green, then yes, that is about all there is to clean.

No.

:huh: Recheck cam timing? Or is this with the servo mod and that bog/dead spot?
It's throwing a code about the servo.. he done away with the servo and tacked the exhaust I believe is what he said.. we put a servo buddy on the bike;but it still flashes the code.. could this be the problem?

#16 ·
I'd say check your charging system make sure you have good voltage when the bike is running. You said you changed the harness double check all your ground connections. Make sure nothing was left unplugged. Also make sure that none of the coil and injector plugs were accidentally swapped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.