CBR929RR servo motor cable movement - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By unslow1
  • 1 Post By RRDemon

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 01-05-2017, 9:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 1

CBR929RR servo motor cable movement

So I've removed the full exhaust system off the bike and when I disconnected the servo motor cables on the exhaust side I manually pulled on the cables to rotate the pulley to get the cables out.

But I remember reading somewhere that if you manipulate the servo motor position manually that an error will pop up.

Am I going to have to reset this now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39

Re: CBR929RR servo motor cable movement

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Nope. You can reset the infamous 34 & 35 codes all you want. If the HTEV system isn't either; A. 100% intact and functioning properly or B. fully deleted and a "Servo Buddy" (or other similar product) installed, be prepared to have that red illuminated MIL starig you down and annoying the crap outta you, until one of the two aforementioned things happens.

I performed the latter on my RR2 ($55 off ebay) and all is well
spagiratwink likes this.

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 8 Old 01-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 61

Garage

I think it only reads the servo motor operation during normal use (since you moved it out of normal position you will trigger a code), but why leave the weight of the motor and cables hanging about doing nothing? My MIL is always on now but I know why so it no longer bothers me... electrical tape might tidy it up to where you don't see it,, but I like to watch the codes blink by once in a while to make sure it is just 34 and 35 (I have one other too as the flapper motor has also been removed along with those cables).

Anyway - whilst annoying to have the light there (blinks in neutral after starting, goes solid when in gear) at least I know it is not a "big" issue. I'd rather have the weight savings of getting rid of old useless parts (Bike is currently at 400lbs dead with an almost-full tank).
spagiratwink likes this.

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-09-2017, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Wouldn't mid range response by disabling the servo motor and exhauSt valve movement?
post #5 of 8 Old 01-09-2017, 11:33 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

Wait, you put the standard exhaust back on the bike from a full system? The short answer in that case is yes.

However- any full system is probably going to give you more mid-range and top-end power than the standard system would (or it should at least). I am not sure why you would want to go away from a full system to go back to standard that adds more weight and probably is going to drop a little bit of power to boot.

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #6 of 8 Old 01-10-2017, 7:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDemon View Post
Wait, you put the standard exhaust back on the bike from a full system? The short answer in that case is yes.

However- any full system is probably going to give you more mid-range and top-end power than the standard system would (or it should at least). I am not sure why you would want to go away from a full system to go back to standard that adds more weight and probably is going to drop a little bit of power to boot.

Haha no, I should have clarified what I meant by removing the "full exhaust system" - I removed the headers, control valve section, muffler etc. of the OEM system.
If I had a good aftermarket system I wouldn't go back to the stock system, but I don't have one.

Only the muffler is non-standard. It's a Remus Genesis.

Either way, I ran the bike for a bit today and there's no error showing up. Revved past 3000 rpm and saw the exhaust valve pulley rotate. Rode for about 2km, but I don't think I went up to 8000rpm. Seems to be working OK with no error code, for now...
post #7 of 8 Old 01-10-2017, 8:16 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39

As I reviewed this thread yesterday, I meant to ask... since you never really mentioned replacing the stock exhaust. Please excuse my presumptuous nature in thinking you were upgrading.

I ran my RR2 with servo motor/cable issues for a little bit. Codes came up at full throttle, but that's where mine was failing.

Is your (OEM) system completely reinstalled now?

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #8 of 8 Old 01-10-2017, 10:55 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

Glad to hear you didn't pick up any codes (at least <8k). I can't say I go over the 8k marker too often myself, though it does happen from time to time =) ..gotta keep myself in-tune.

You can usually get a second-hand system for a relatively reasonable price from fleabay. I picked up a full-Ti Arata system for $600(usd) compared to the $1,900(usd) clearance price Arata has tagged on them new. The end pipe new alone would cost me $680 alone... so with no dents and only a few minor scratches on the can (normal use scratches.. not crash scratches) it was a helluva deal on a good system. One thing - your can becomes useless as it is only designed to bolt to the standard mid-pipe... so you do have to find the whole shebang front to back.

May be worth a look-see to ascertain what is available to you =)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page