CBR 954 kmh to mph - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 Old 02-12-2017, 2:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

CBR 954 kmh to mph

Hi

This is so strange.

Bought a lovely 954 in nov log book HISS UK model.

Mileage is 29k have all previous MOT's and have been out on.

Bike has been unused so battery got flat now is charge also has alarm/immob

Started bike today and reset clock bike is now in KMH?

Mileage is in mph and speed in mph when ive ridden

Pushing buttons does nothing and the right hand one included changes time as it should but stuck in KPH?

Any ideas?? all i can think is right button not working but all others do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 02-12-2017, 2:45 PM Thread Starter

Re: CBR 954 kmh to mph

further worry is will it start clocking up miles in km?
post #3 of 48 Old 02-12-2017, 4:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

Garage

This might help

Need help to change miles to Km
cerberus2 likes this.

1994 Urban Tiger Project

"Endless motorbike talk can and does bore me" - Barry Sheene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 Old 02-12-2017, 4:37 PM Thread Starter

THanks Gunk hope its a glitch.

The worrying bit is the manual tells you to just hold the right button down but no luck.

Try again in the light...thing is it seemed to happen when i changed the time
post #5 of 48 Old 02-12-2017, 9:12 PM
Supporting Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 61

Garage

You got me flustered enough that I couldn't remember the functions that I went and checked lol. Right button- press and release should switch speed from KPH to MPH (vice versa) and a long press will switch temp from F to C and vice versa. Tested, verified, Demon approved =)

EDIT: If you long-press the right button and it goes to the clock I would guess that your left button is sticking- BUT - usually you press the left button just a split-second before the right to adjust the clock.

The left button- press and release should switch from Trip A to Trip B (vice versa), long press should reset currently selected Trip.

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #6 of 48 Old 02-12-2017, 9:54 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

post #7 of 48 Old 02-13-2017, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 1

Not all models support km/h to mph changes...if your dash showed mph before then it's guaranteed you can change back.

Regardless of it clocking the distance in km or miles is irrelevant, it's converted once the units are changed. There is no chance that it will think 1km is 1 mile lol.

Also...being a Japanese motorcycle I'm 99.999% sure all the internal calculations are done in metric. Mph display is the final conversion for countries that stil use mph. So in fact your distance is being clocked in metres and not miles anyway, regardless of what your display says.
post #8 of 48 Old 02-13-2017, 2:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks chaps...the mystery deepens according to the VIN number if you change one digit the bike was registered in portugal however my V5 shows uk registered on the same day declared new (ive checked with DVLA and it is registered as uk model).

i suppose if it is km's itll mean ive done 18k miles rather than the 29k showing but im not keen on riding with kmh clocks.

The thing is i ve been out on not since nov though and there are various speed cameras around here, im sure iw ould have noticed if it was showing KMH so i need to get out on and stop being a nancy.

Really odd this because v5 confirms uk but im suspicious as the reg no doesnt show up on honda system ;-/
post #9 of 48 Old 02-14-2017, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus2 View Post
Thanks chaps...the mystery deepens according to the VIN number if you change one digit the bike was registered in portugal however my V5 shows uk registered on the same day declared new (ive checked with DVLA and it is registered as uk model).

i suppose if it is km's itll mean ive done 18k miles rather than the 29k showing but im not keen on riding with kmh clocks.

The thing is i ve been out on not since nov though and there are various speed cameras around here, im sure iw ould have noticed if it was showing KMH so i need to get out on and stop being a nancy.

Really odd this because v5 confirms uk but im suspicious as the reg no doesnt show up on honda system ;-/
What is your VIN? and what do you mean by "change one digit"?

I would say you would immediately notice if your speedo was in km/h! I would not be keen riding around with a km/h gauge in a mph country either.
If it had indeed been km/h all this time and you never noticed it, any chance your cluster and/or ECU was changed during the bike's life?
post #10 of 48 Old 02-15-2017, 11:14 AM
Supporting Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 61

Garage

I actually had my speed set to kph for a while =) Just for shiggles. Learned how to convert kph to mph in a whole hurry Any news on getting her to tick back over to mph?

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #11 of 48 Old 02-15-2017, 2:58 PM Thread Starter

Hi

Think the mystery is solved

I phoned a dealer who just said they sold one from italy and has been converted to mph but just says kmh.

Still havent had time to go out on but yes i would have noticed.

I wonder if odo is in kms though means mileage is lower.
post #12 of 48 Old 02-15-2017, 3:24 PM
Global Moderator

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Easy enough to find out, find a stretch of road where it lists an exist and how far away it is, look at the odometer and when you get there, if it matches, then it is using what the road markings state, if different, then it is the other.
post #13 of 48 Old 02-15-2017, 3:37 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39

that'll never work. too logical

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #14 of 48 Old 02-15-2017, 3:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all replies.

The Vin number starts JH25C They said if it was JH2SC it was registered in Portugal.

The odd thing is The V5 says uk bike reg date is same as man date....the same as my uk car V5.

it has the euro tail (the dark transfer) the temp is in centigrade and it has the low fuel warning light no fuel blocks like eu ??? oh well

Last edited by cerberus2; 02-15-2017 at 6:26 PM.
post #15 of 48 Old 02-16-2017, 4:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus2 View Post
Thanks for all replies.

The Vin number starts JH25C They said if it was JH2SC it was registered in Portugal.

The odd thing is The V5 says uk bike reg date is same as man date....the same as my uk car V5.

it has the euro tail (the dark transfer) the temp is in centigrade and it has the low fuel warning light no fuel blocks like eu ??? oh well
Firstly, who is "they"?

It can't be JH2"5"C - It has to start with JH2"S"C. So either someone's entered it incorrectly or you're not reading it correctly.

JH2SC does not mean it was registered in Portugal. JH2 means it's a Honda 2 wheeler made in Japan.
SC is the standard code for all FireBlades. SC44 is the code for the CBR929RR, SC50 for the CBR954RR, SC57 is the CBR1000RR

The 8th digit will give more information as to the country!

For example my VIN starts with JH2SC44U - which says it's a Japan made 2 wheeler from Honda for the Australian/New Zealand market!
U is Honda's code for AU/NZ. After reading around it appears the VIN digit for Europe is just 'A' - doesn't appear to break it down further by country. So I suspect yours will be starting with JH2SC44A

I'm also confused as to why you can't work out whether your speedo is currently in mph or km/h, the units should be indicated and you will know whether it's mph or km/h. Are you sure you have the correct cluster? Can you post a picture of your cluster with the ignition turned ON please?

I don't have CBR954, but my CBR929 does not have a fuel indication reading, and I don't think the CBR954 does either, only the low fuel warning light.
unslow1 and IanDoohan like this.

Last edited by CBR929RRY; 02-16-2017 at 4:40 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page