Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

My latest 1000rr

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Gunk 
#1 ·
Well forum friends,I figured since I carpool 2 hours each direction to work I might as well make another thread about my 1000rr that I've been putting back together.

I felt the urge one day to do another 1000rr because I love em so much.I posted an add on Craigslist in search of a 06 or 07 cbr 1000rr (I like how the fairings wrap the engine on the clutch side).in the add I specifically ask for a bike that was not running just so I would have something to do,and I ended up picking up 2 06s.the first one was in a field covered under a tarp for a a year or 2 but did come with some nice parts new in the packages ect.This bike came with a broken crank and some ebay fairings and was in over all bad shape

I got the second bike as a basket case.the p.o. layed it down and then for whatever reason took it apart completely...

I sorted everything I could and made one clean titled 2006 with about 10k miles on it

Now I know that there is going to be a lot of hate towards this machine but I want you to know I don't care it's what I choose and its what I did.

I have here the 06 1000rr with power commander,yosh carbon fiber pipe, wave rotors stainless braided lines, rc component wheels with 240 on the back with custom offset sprocket on the output shaft, thompsons custom cycle swing arm, flush mounts chrome pro battery lowered 1 inch streched 6
Mismatch fairings and the list goes on.
I didn't take a whole lot of pictures so these are what I do have and also yes I built it in the house

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Not a fan of a giant rear tyre.. but that one doesn't look terrible actually.

I do, however, love the solo cowl you have on there!!!! Wowza... I may need to find one.

Reactions: rideawheelie
#5 ·
It's 1.5 inches wider or 40 mm above what it had stock,and let's face the facts I like my valid endorsement I'll never race it or take it to some canyons and I'll never take it to compete ,I built it for ME

Say what you want but I love my bike.

It's kinda like the guy that has a fat wife.....You might not understand but he still loves her

#13 ·
Not knocking it at all. Yours is not absurdly HUGE like many of the ones I've seen, actually looks like it fits in there pretty well without standing out. There are plenty of things that are not to "others'" taste- I'm sure even on my own bike. I am definitely on-board with anyone that wants to spend the time, money, and effort to build their bike the way they see fit; it is their bike afterall.

I have even seen some "show-only" bikes with 300 rears that , again, were not "my thing" but still looked great as far as quality of the build.

I am sure there are things I have done to my bike that people disliked, hell there are things I have done to my bike that I disliked afterward =)

At any rate- keep the pics coming and keep wrenching away!

#10 · (Edited)
:welcome: Looks good. Unlike people who feel they have to point it out when something is not to their "taste", I appreciate different strokes for different folks, I say she looks good and unique. I also like "fighters" got any of them? Like unslow, I also respect someone who does his own wrenching. :thumb: Love your "workshop" as well, gotta get some carpeting and art in mine...

#11 ·
Hey,thanks fj1200rj...I built it for me and I knew that I would be heckled because I built what I wanted...let's face the facts I'm not a die hard racer and the 1000rr can be illegal in first gear ...a little extra weight does not hurt the performance from my point of view...it's a good trade off in my opinion heavier wheels but way sexier than stock.

Also that's not my workshop my garage is full with bikes and stuff and the shed was to cold,that was in my house in the spare room....and yes she wanted to kill me

#12 ·
Lol, I knew that was in the house. Never asked or tried to bring a bike inside, never had the need. Mine wasn't real happy though when she came home one day and I was rebuilding my jet ski engine on the coffee table. I didn't see the big deal, I cleaned it first!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.