Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Honda CBR 1000 2008 to 2012

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  lanbrown 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, please help me, i am riding a honda cbr 1000 2008 and i am experiencing the following problems mainly on the engine: Timing chain dont last and the valve clearing dont last, Why cant honda copy from Suzuki as most of the suzuki`s engine last longer than honda.
Most of the engines are not lasting and they burn the conrod bearings, quick!!!!
Any rework that can be done on those mentioned problems?

#12 ·
Have you thought about contacting Honda in South Africa and asking them your questions? No one here is having the issues that you do. Did you buy it new or used? Every manufacturer will have some vehicles or products in general that are faulty. If you bought it used, the previous owner (PO) could have been the root of the issues as well. If a timing chain goes bad, maybe the tensioner was the issue and replacing the chain won't correct it. Maybe things are not in alignment and replacing some of the parts won't resolve the issue. If you have a drive chain that is worn out and you just replace it and the sprockets are also worn, you can expect that the new chain will also fail prematurely. So either you have a lemon or the maintenance performed on it was the issue. There are Honda motorcycles that have hundreds of thousands of miles on them and they just took routine maintenance.

Even on cars some people get many tens of thousands of miles on a clutch whereas others get far less than that.

Take a race vehicle, they can be tested for many many miles and not have an issue. Put them in a race and not all of them will finish. These are vehicles that people have gone over and made sure every single component is within the stringent tolerances they want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.