My new to me 954 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

6Likes
  • 1 Post By Futbal2332
  • 1 Post By Futbal2332
  • 2 Post By Gunk
  • 2 Post By Futbal2332

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 03-31-2017, 3:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

My new to me 954

I bought my 02 954 in December of 2015. I remember when I was in high school in 2003 I sat on one at the dealer and said one day I will have one. Well 12 years later I found one that was decently priced at a dealer and had low miles 4400. I looked it over really well trying to find any indication that someone changed out the cluster but couldn't find anything that would indicate it. Engine was clean, fairing are OEM, even had the original tires from 2002. With that being said it wasn't perfect. Had a dent in the tank, some scratches from someone not using a handle bar strap to keep the tiedowns off the fairings. It wasn't the color choice I wanted but for $3600 i had to buy it. First thing I did was change the plugs, oil and coolant. New 520 sprockets and chain, and new tires.

I waited for nice weather and rode the bike for a few weeks, put 400 miles on it and then one day I pull up after a 35 mile ride down the highway and see that the undertail section came undone and fell into the tire just hanging there. It banged up the license plate and somehow my wallet or phone didn't fall out. So it was then I decided it was time for changes

I didn't wanna paint ruin or paint the oem fairings so I ordered new ones from China. Ordered a new clear industries sequential tail light. Competition werks fender eliminater kit because I didn't want the blinkers in the undertail anymore. I didn't want resistors so I bought a TST flasher relay for a newer Honda that came with a short wire/connector since our bikes don't have an external relay. since I'm doing new fairings I had access to cluster connector since it was out and removed the 2 connectors from the cluster connector for the flasher relay so I can't solder the new relay connector to them.

The tank is off and ready for bodywork and paint. Got a black stainless bolt kit. Just need to get new flush mount blinkers and new 3 pin connectors so I can get rid of the 2 factory connectors and just have one for each. I'm going to do the same with the rear taillight as well.

Once I figure out how to post pictures I will upload them. It's coming along good and withen the next month or so it will be back on the road.

Sorry it's a little long, but this is my first post since I joined last year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-31-2017, 5:20 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 40

Re: My new to me 954

I'd rate this post a 5% out of 100.

As soon as you discover how to post images (use Photobucket), I'll award you the other 90% or so

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 12 Old 03-31-2017, 7:41 PM Thread Starter

Let's see if this works, she's a work in progress but she's coming along. I didn't want the stock graphics design so i ended up going with this scheme. I alike it a lot better.

fj1200rj likes this.

Last edited by Futbal2332; 03-31-2017 at 7:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-31-2017, 8:05 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

Well done, That's gonna look very good I believe. Here's the other 95% for good taste in style, patience and choice of a Honda. Best of luck and welcome to the site. Jay

post #5 of 12 Old 04-10-2017, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

So I was able to get a little more work done. Got the dent almost complete gone but since I'm going to paint it im going to just glaze the last tiny spot of the dent, it's wasnt easy trying to get to it from inside the tank. Also I have 3 wire flush mount turn signals. The one is stretched so the nut keeps popping so it won't get tight. I've searched everywhere and can only find just the flashers without the running light but I would like to get the running light if anyone can come across them. I got the flasher relay soldered in and the harness taped back up as well. Slow progress but I'm still waiting on parts.

fj1200rj likes this.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-10-2017, 4:27 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 10

Garage

That dent removal tool is very clever
unslow1 and oldbastard like this.

1994 Urban Tiger Project

"Endless motorbike talk can and does bore me" - Barry Sheene
post #7 of 12 Old 04-11-2017, 2:31 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 8

Good work. Is that an auto-flipping rear plate I see? Always wanted to do that......
post #8 of 12 Old 04-12-2017, 7:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 117

Garage

Itching to see the new fairings on, I think I'm going to like the color scheme. Great job on the dent.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #9 of 12 Old 04-18-2017, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

So I have searched and can't find the answer. But does anyone know if the flashers from an early 1000rr will fit the 954? Or Even the flashers from a 600rr. I like the Motodynamic flush mounts. I just need them to fit and I'll redo the wiring.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-18-2017, 12:24 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 40

yup.

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #11 of 12 Old 04-19-2017, 6:35 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Is that an aftermarket fairing that came in that paint scheme, or did you get originals painted? Love the new color!
post #12 of 12 Old 04-20-2017, 2:11 PM Thread Starter

I didn't want to paint the originals as they are 15 years old and hard to come buy if wrecked. . So I put them away and ordered aftermarket ones. Although the paint job isn't %100 perfect, I would say it's a 90-95 and I'm ok with that. The rear subframe is out getting powdercoated and the fuel tank is getting stripped. Still a few more weeks or so before I can be back on the road
unslow1 and Youngman like this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page