RRX Started stuttering - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-18-2017, 3:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

RRX Started stuttering

Started up the RRX this morning no. no problems ticked over fine took a ride down to the local Tescos filled her up, not long after she started stuttering and ticking over erratically. might be a coincidence has anyone else had this happen.
CHEERS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-19-2017, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Re: RRX Started stuttering

Fed different fuel direct into the carbs but same problem. Any help plz
post #3 of 4 Old 05-19-2017, 11:38 AM
President Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 74

Garage

What was the condition of the bike prior to this? Sat for a while? New to you? Modifications?

Right off the bat I would say check your charging system. But I would also make sure the carbs are clean, the plugs are new, and the jetting is correct.

And when I say "carbs are clean" I mean ALL passageways are free and clear. I'm chasing random plug fouling on my recently resurrected RRX track bike. Found all sorts of debris in the float bowls.

The bowls were clean:

But this is what came out of them, lots of black spec:

Make sure you remove all the jets, and the one that doesn't come out affects idle, and is minutely small and gets clogged very easily:

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-21-2017, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Ian
Bike had sat for a good few Months, I then decided to get it MOTd so went to start it up but battery was completely flat, swapped the battery temporarily from my ZRX and away it went ticked over and rode it with no problems down to be tested Passed with no problems ( Its only done 8500Mls. 17yrs Old ) rode it back up put in the garage popped down to my local Honda dealer and bought a new battery oil and oil filter, done the oil change. ( again it started and ticked over fine ) left it for a couple of weeks and then decided to go for a run up to St Andrews with a couple of m8s that's when the first post started. Never had a problem in the past with it sitting for so long.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page