Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

929 Turbo?

7K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  CBR929RE 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience putting a turbo kit on the 929? Moved from NH to CO and awoke to find I had a 600!? :crying:

#5 ·
showmethbombs, thanks.

I've called as well as sent an e-mail with no responce to either. Makes me kind of concerned about the operation. Do you have any experience with them or the turbo?

hondagal,

I've had the Commander remapped for altitude. I think the problem is the lack of O2 up here. At sea level it was scary fast.

Maybe I should look at one of the new liter bikes but I've put so much into customizing this bike...Ohlins, Corbin, ZenRails, Erion, Commander, Gilles etc., etc., etc. What's everyones "seat of the pants" take on the new CBR vs the 929 for raw power?

#6 ·
paularthur said:
showmethbombs, thanks.

hondagal,

I've had the Commander remapped for altitude. I think the problem is the lack of O2 up here. At sea level it was scary fast.
Huh, ok, that was just my first thought, but you've already done that. Weird, as other folks up in the mountains must have these bikes. I'd have thought that they could be tuned to run well at high altitudes. Bummer. Sorry, I have no experience with turbo.

#7 ·
I've seen that site with the turbo kit before, look at the main page it says they're retail part is closed so they can focus on R&D but they did that over a year and a half ago so I don't know whats going on, seems like a long time to be doing just R&D and no retail, wonder how they make money.

#9 ·
I live in Colorado. Welcome to 5000+ feet. Wait until you go up into the mountains and see even less power. Mount Evans is over 14K. :) I can tell you this much. The 929's are starving for air up here. I fitted a Akropovic exhaust and netted 13 hp (2 more than normal). Adding a K&N airfilter and ram air (CAI, whatever) made another huge difference. I haven't set up a power commander, but have heard that they make a difference as well. For the price of the turbo, you could get the new 1000. But you're not alone. Everyone else that has bikes has the same problem.

#11 · (Edited)
Yeah I even notice a big difference in my 954 when I go to visit my parents @ 3000ft above sea level. At sea level it runs really well and lifts the front with ease, but when I go to the Highlands it will barely lift at all (without actually making a concentrated effort). Raising the compression will get you back some of that lost power although it may ping if you return to sea level, also a PC3 so you can take some fuel out of it would make an improvement :)

#12 ·
I sent them an emal back in the day, and they emailed me back telling me that the turbo was something like 4-5K, I cannot remember. But they seemed friendly enough...

I personally think its a group that has way too much $, and just plays all day! :) They probably will get back to you within a few days. But I never bought anything from them due to empty pockets...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.