Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Shinko slicks

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LUCIDDREAM57 
#1 ·
Group,
Just wanted to contribute with a new tire experience. Last Monday I did Buttonwillow with Takeit2thetrack.com on a set of Shinko slicks. My impression was mixed. The tire compound is great, super sticky. It was about 85 degrees out there, and I didn't lose traction once. Running 30F, 30R tire pressures. Normally I'm pretty heavy on the throttle out of the hole, sometimes too early especially out of chicanes and have been "whipped and bucked" a few times. Two things I didn't like were the front tire has a normal steep profile so turn in was quick, but the rear has a very flat profile and made the back end lag. The strange part was it started in slow, but then hit the steeper edge and fell in abrubtly in mid lean. Very hard to get used to and was mind F#$%ing me a bit. The 190 I was using was too wide for Buttonwillow's tighter track too. I was at the Big Track at Willow Springs the Monday before that with the same tires and the 190 was perfect for the big 100+ sweepers. A friend turned me onto this website http://store.azmusa.com/shink-009.html and the $150 price for both front and rear (delivery incl) was too enticing to pass up. Still, after trying them out I'll stick with my old reliable Dunlop 208GP A's. A few friends are running the newer 209's and they love them. Getting used to a different tire profile is frustrating when you're trying to go fast.

#4 ·
Well, I have heard other horror stories about them....BUT; I used them for 2 years, up until this past September to order ALL of my Shinko's that I used and sold...probably bought 75 tires from them and never once had a problem nor could I find a cheaper price.

So, it's up to you if you use them, just giving my experience with their online ordering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.