Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Akrapovic Hex slip-on noise reduction insert?

8K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  BALDGONZO 
#1 ·
Help,

I received my Akrapovic Carbon HEX Slip-on for 06 1000. I thought it was going to have a removeable noise reduction insert.:confused:

Akra's web page show's it; and so does any other aftermarket page selling one. The pic's all show one little screw holds it in. The one I received has no screw hole or insert. I ordered it from hardracing.com. There closed this weekend.

Any one with answers? Should I not wait and just install it? I kind of wanted an option of noise level. You think it will be to loud? I just don't like really loud bikes.

Help!:help:

#2 ·
They are available in different versions road legal with a removable baffle insert and a race version which is a straight through baffle.Also they come in full length 98db and short "stubby" 103db versions as well. It sounds like you may have the race version . How loud is it going to be ? well that depends on your version of loud ,but as a rule their race cans are not that exsesive on the noise front .

#8 ·
FYI on Arkapovic HEX slip-on for 06-07 CBR1000RR. The dealer said that the model with the removable noise reduction insert is not avalible in the US. I installed it and was a snap, took about 3 hours taking my time.

Sounds great! Snow on the ground can't ride it yet.

#9 ·
just giving my :twocents: but i have a full acro evo system with no silencer, and it sounds awsome, i only set off old car alarms (rarely) its really not that loud, only at slow speed like 10-15mph, besides that i would never want to shush my bike, that mean roar is what makes it so beautiful, soothing, and intimidating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.