Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

2008 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade Photos Thread

435K views 911 replies 229 participants last post by  Turbotoshi69 
#1 ·
So now a few of you are taking delivery of the 2008 fireblade lets see some photos! Lets try and get as many pics as we can in the thread. Click on "Go Advanced" then "Manage Attachments" and you can upload them right into the thread.

#2 ·

Attachments

#828 ·
Sorry..........these are already in another thread.

You can't blame me showing off my baby tho :thumb:
That's totally badass. They styled the s__t out of this f__ker. I don't know why I'm even thinking of jumping on the BMW train. Oh, is that 168 bhp? Maybe. But my 929's been soooooooo good to me over the FORTY THOUSAND plus miles I racked on her. New stator, reg and battery. That's IT!!! After TEN YEARS.

Sweet ride.

Honda rules. That 1000 is Bee-You-Ti-Full. Be wise when you pull the trigger.

#8 ·
a few of my photos

Attachments

#69 ·
I picked my blk 1000rr up on the 10th trouble is I race quads and crashed on the 30th & broke my skull so i waited 10 days to ride it home in pain now it sits in my shop waiting. god i can't wait! I took my wife for a ride very slow but that is all. My son has a 600rr and he rode it and said my bike was retarded and I QUOTE "THERE IS NO REASON FOR ANYTHING TO GO THAT FAST THAT FAST" I said sweet! get one :thumb:

hi all
im new here.
i may be getting the limited edition black 1000rr, soon.
i like the looks of this new bike. i had a cbr600f4 and it looks about the same size.:cool: i can't wait to get back on 2 wheels.

#21 · (Edited)
Phadreus, thanks for the post. After only a few miles I can say that this bike is drastically different from my 2006. My previous bike was an 06 1000RR and I feel that the riding position has changed for the better. Compared to my 06 which I will say is the girl next door the 08 feels like you are riding a supermodel. The bike is narrower than a ZX-6R that I rode at a Keith Code School with handling that is razor sharp. The blacked out rearsets and passenger pegs complete the look and I will be replacing the clutch and brake levers soon to eliminate the originals. Lastly, the gauge cluster is pretty trick, while holding the select button and turning the ignition on your first option is to set the shift light for desired rpm and then you can set the type of light you want on blinking or constant to your tastes. I will deliver more once I have more seat time.

#24 ·
Thanks, I get to make a request? You're the man! :thumb: Well, I guess I'd like to see some pictures that show the areas of gray paint. It's kind of hard to tell where is gray and where is black. What do you think of the little like quarter moon wheel stripes? Are they reflective at night? How about under the seat, how big is that area? Thanks Nuclear Bee!

#26 ·
Thanks for the link Litre Kid. There's a nice pic of the special edition in there. Man, I wish they had that in the UK. I'm gonna go for the B&W myself in lieu of the Black & Grey special. Will get the footrests and clutch/brake levers changed into black though. Still hate the fact that the engine cover on the UK model is broinze coloured though.

#30 ·
Pez, There is going to be a delay in those requests. The shipper picked it up yesterday and is taking it back to New England for the summer. To comment on your requests, the undertail is roomy. Measuring 6" inches wide, 12" long and 6-7" inches deep. The rim stripes are not reflective and the best place to describe the grey is the plastic trim between the frame rails and the gas tank shell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.