Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

954 shock for 929?, other "better" OEM?

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FuTAnT 
#1 ·
Howdy,
Do 954 shocks fit the 929? If so, does the 954 shock have better dampening characteristics, even if only marginally so? I've read the 929 shock has excessive high speed comp dampening. I'd have to agree as you better have your butt up off the seat for any mid-corner bumps.

If 954 shock doesn't fit, is there another "better" OEM shock (e.g. gixxer?) that would fit? I know a Penske, Fox, WP, or Ohlins would be great, but i can't afford them. OEM shocks are cheap on ebay. I want to buy a low mile used shock now and save it for when mine wears out.

In case it matters, I weigh 230# with gear. The stock rear spring seems OK. I've got 1.0 Kg/mm springs with 7wt fork oil. I don't mind a firm ride, as almost all my riding is for fun on nearby tight curvy mtn roads. When it's safe to do so, i sometimes drag a peg.

#3 ·
You're better off saving yourself the hassle of trying to find something that fits and just get the rear shock reworked. It's muck less than a replacement shock but should improve out of sight none the less. I had mine done, cost me a few hundred bucks (that was aussie pesos though), so should be cheaper over there in yank land.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.