Honda Motorcycle Forum
Honda Motorcycles
Navigation » Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade » BAS Bank Angle Sensor - Tipover Sensor - 954 bypass? Need Help

Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2009, 7:41 PM   #1

Reputation Power: 6
Ryan_C is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ryan_C
BAS Bank Angle Sensor - Tipover Sensor - 954 bypass? Need Help

When I got my 954rr, I was missing the whole upper fairing / cowl. Including the harness and that sensor.

I now have just about everything I need, except that sensor. Can I bypass it, and how would I?

Also which plug is it? Anyone with some pictures? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
Ryan_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-19-2009, 8:55 PM   #2
Global Moderator

Reputation Power: 218
bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BAS Bank Angle Sensor - Tipover Sensor - 954 bypass? Need Help

Originally Posted by Ryan_C View Post
When I got my 954rr, I was missing the whole upper fairing / cowl. Including the harness and that sensor.

I now have just about everything I need, except that sensor. Can I bypass it, and how would I?

Also which plug is it? Anyone with some pictures? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
You know that searching would've been way quicker than typing the question...
Bank angle sensor

I personally wouldn't recommend disconnecting it though.
If you come off the bike will keep running even if the oil pump can't draw from the sump - not good.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #3

I guess I wasn't didn't cover what I was looking for. I did search and I did come across that thread. I would like to know which plug is this BAS? Like I mentioned earlier, I had everything missing from the clipons on up. So I don't know what goes where as of right now.

Thanks for linking me with the other thread though.
Old 04-20-2009, 1:00 AM   #4
Global Moderator

bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I wasn't didn't cover what I was looking for. I did search and I did come across that thread. I would like to know which plug is this BAS? Like I mentioned earlier, I had everything missing from the clipons on up. So I don't know what goes where as of right now.

Thanks for linking me with the other thread though.
Do you mean you don't have the entire front harness?
It runs the instruments, headlights and front indicators as well as the bank angle sensor. If you don't have the front harness then you won't have the BAS connector (or instruments and lights).
If you do have the harness it's the remaining connector after you hook up the instruments and lights - red/yellow, white/black and a black.
Old 04-20-2009, 3:30 AM   #5

I have a sub-harness, but its a little hacked up. There are a few wires that had been cut. Maybe I should try and take a picture of my mess. And yeah, I don't have a BAS. Do you know what color the BAS wires are?
Old 04-20-2009, 3:45 AM   #6
Global Moderator

I have a sub-harness, but its a little hacked up. There are a few wires that had been cut. Maybe I should try and take a picture of my mess. And yeah, I don't have a BAS. Do you know what color the BAS wires are?
Yes, as above red/yellow, white/black and black (or possibly dark blue?).
Old 04-21-2009, 12:15 AM   #7

Ok, now after closer inspection I have found which wires are for the BAS. My question now, What do I do with them? There is no harness left. Just the cut ends.

- Blk
- Red/Orange stripe
- White/Black stripe

Do I just connect the Red/O with the White/blk? If I connect those, what do I do with the Blk wire (I am assuming this is ground), what's the best thing to do with it if its ground?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #8
Global Moderator

Do I just connect the Red/O with the White/blk? If I connect those, what do I do with the Blk wire (I am assuming this is ground), what's the best thing to do with it if its ground?
I don't know. As I said, I don't recommend disconnecting the BAS for safety reasons.
I would assume one is ground.
One must be the on/off signal.
Maybe the third is a "live" wire that tells the ECU that the BAS is working?
You only have nine possibilities so maybe just try connecting them and see what happens.
Or try some of the stunt forums as they might have somebody that's done it for some reason.
You could probably use a BAS off any late model Honda.
Have you tried Ebay?
Old 04-21-2009, 1:19 AM   #9

I just got done switching wires around and stuff.

I got the bike to start and run!!! I think its almost been 2 or 3 years since it had been started (previous owner).

So just for reference on a Honda CBR 954rr (If Missing Bank Angle Sensor or the Harness- BAS - TipOver Sensor):

Black is connected to Red/Orange stripe
White/Black Stripe should be left not connected. This will cut the fuel pump.
Old 04-21-2009, 1:27 AM   #10
Global Moderator

I just got done switching wires around and stuff.

I got the bike to start and run!!! I think its almost been 2 or 3 years since it had been started (previous owner).

So just for reference on a Honda CBR 954rr (If Missing Bank Angle Sensor or the Harness- BAS - TipOver Sensor):

Black is connected to Red/Orange stripe
White/Black Stripe should be left not connected. This will cut the fuel pump.
Excellent info that will hopefully help others in the future.
Old 06-17-2011, 9:30 PM   #11

Reputation Power: 0
Juandiablo is on a distinguished road

Been looking for this since I drop my back a month ago. Lookin to see if it starts , I'm going to try this soon enough. This is why I love forum community full of invaluable information.
Juandiablo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Search tags for this page

00 honda 929 how to jump bank angle sensor

03 cbr tip sensor reset

2002 cbr 954 tip over sensor

2002 honda cbr900rr tip over sensor

2003 954 honda bank ankle sensor located
2003 954 honda bank location

2003 cbr 954 rr bank angle sensor

2006 honda cbr 600 rr tilt sencer bypass

bank angle sensor cbr 954

bypass the bank angle sensor cbr 954rr

cbr 929 bypass back angle sensor

cbr 954 bank angle sensor

Click on a term to search for related topics.