Honda Motorcycle Forum
Honda Motorcycles
Navigation » Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade » trying to bypass ignition NEED HELP!!

Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2009, 6:05 AM   #1

Reputation Power: 6
dick hurtz is on a distinguished road
trying to bypass ignition NEED HELP!!

ok i'm not new to wrenchin on my own bikes but this is a new one. just got a basket case 929 that has been stolen 3 or 4 times so the ignition only needed a flathead screwdriver to start. i decided to wire in a toggle switch and basicly "hot wire" it so i could take the barrel off completely but the fuel pump won't come on. i tried just jumping the wire through a relay and also a fuse but all i get are lights and the dash but no fuel pump. there are 4 wires, solid red, red w/black stripe, blue w/red stripe, and a small pink one. this is a bummer cuz now it won't start at all and a replacment ignition is at least a week away. i did this on my gsxr and had no problems (got lucky?).

Last edited by dick hurtz; 09-10-2009 at 5:56 AM.
dick hurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-07-2009, 8:08 AM   #2
Global Moderator

Reputation Power: 218
bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: trying to bypass ignition NEED HELP!!

Originally Posted by dick hurtz View Post
ok i'm not new to wrenchin on my own bikes but this is a new one. just got a basket case 929 that has been stolen 3 or 4 times so the ignition only needed a flathead screwdriver to start. i decided to wire in a toggle switch and basicly "hot wire" it so i could take the barrel off completely but the fuel pump won't come on. i tried just jumping the wire through a relay and also a fuse but all i get are lights and the dash but no fuel pump. there are 4 wires, solid red, red w/black stripe, blue w/red stripe, and a small pink one. this is a bummer cuz now it won't start at all and a replacment ignition is at least a week away. i did this on my gsxr and had no problems (got lucky?).
There's a diode on the ignition switch that you need.
Old 05-07-2009, 9:53 AM   #3

Reputation Power: 9
Kelv is on a distinguished road

What bladeracer says, the pink wire needs to have ~4v difference to the main supply rail, so a 3.7v Zener Diode will do the job nicely, Radioshack, Newark or other local electronics place will be able to supply you one for next to nothing in cost.
Kelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 4:58 PM   #4

Reputation Power: 6
dick hurtz is on a distinguished road

thanks a shitload, thats what i needed. hope this works cuz the sun is shinning...
dick hurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 7:14 AM   #5

Reputation Power: 0
macrocephalic is on a distinguished road

I think this might be the cause of my problems as well!

I fried the ECU on my AUS bike (HISS) so I bought a US model ECU and wired it into the AUS harness. There's a few wires different - but when you trace back what they all are - the AUS model doesn't have emissions controls and O2 sensor, and the US one doesn't have HISS. When you ignore all the wires from those you're left with only the pink wire which is in a different pin.

I was told that the pink wire just needed to be re-pinned and spliced in (obviously bad info) so that's what I've done - connected it up to 12v from the ignition. Now the fuel ECU is stopping the fuel pump from priming.

I'll get a zener diode tomorrow and hopefully have the bike working on the weekend.

Lesson learnt: CHECK YOUR REGULATOR GROUND OFTEN!
macrocephalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 7:17 AM   #6
Global Moderator

Reputation Power: 218
bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macrocephalic View Post

I fried the ECU on my AUS bike (HISS) so I bought a US model ECU and wired it into the AUS harness. There's a few wires different - but when you trace back what they all are - the AUS model doesn't have emissions controls and O2 sensor, and the US one doesn't have HISS. When you ignore all the wires from those you're left with only the pink wire which is in a different pin.

I was told that the pink wire just needed to be re-pinned and spliced in (obviously bad info) so that's what I've done - connected it up to 12v from the ignition. Now the fuel ECU is stopping the fuel pump from priming.

I'll get a zener diode tomorrow and hopefully have the bike working on the weekend.

Definately let us know if you can get it to work without replacing the harness.
US bikes don't have the O2 sensor either though so you must've bought a Cali ECU?
Old 02-21-2010, 7:14 PM   #7

Reputation Power: 14
Dre-929 is a glorious beacon of light Dre-929 is a glorious beacon of light Dre-929 is a glorious beacon of light Dre-929 is a glorious beacon of light Dre-929 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by macrocephalic View Post

Good luck hope you get it all working. Are you using a toggle to get electrics going??? any pics?
Dre-929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 2:24 PM   #8

929cc is on a distinguished road

strange issue here.

i just bought a bunch of 04-07 1krr parts - piecing a runner together, 1k mileage engine, woohoo - and the ignition looks as if it has NEVER had a diode in it. has a key, still attached to the stock triples, with the oem security bolts, matching cap, stuff looks new since its under 1k.

as i understand it, the 04-07 1000s had diodes, right? im not sure what year the parts are but i will post some pics of the bottom of the ignition.

anyone seen this before?

blade?
929cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 1:29 AM   #9

UP
Old 10-12-2010, 9:26 PM   #10

Reputation Power: 7
D03Cobra is on a distinguished road

I busted off my key on my 07 1000, just 2 wires running to the ignition. Put those together and the bike turns on and starts up with no issue.
D03Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 2:55 AM   #11

thanks

funny they removed the diode
Old 03-09-2011, 8:12 AM   #12

954fighter is on a distinguished road

hotwire for 929 is easy, you need the black circle plastic piece just inside the bottom if the ignition housing where your 4 wires are soldered. Remove this from the ignition, throw rest of ignition in trash. You can cut your main red wire off at the solder. Make a jumper wire, solder jumperwire to the low side of the diode,if ur unsure use a meter,it s the side with no power, once you jumpers soldered on all you have to do is twist the unsoldered end of the jumper to your red power wire you already cut,thats it, fuel pump primes,its all same as key, and once done obviously you can run and hide a switch wherever you want to hide it,i have hidden switch on my bike and like it way more than a key that i will lose for sure
954fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #13

Reputation Power: 11
unfetteredmight is a glorious beacon of light unfetteredmight is a glorious beacon of light unfetteredmight is a glorious beacon of light unfetteredmight is a glorious beacon of light unfetteredmight is a glorious beacon of light unfetteredmight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to unfetteredmight

Originally Posted by 954fighter View Post
hotwire for 929 is easy, you need the black circle plastic piece just inside the bottom if the ignition housing where your 4 wires are soldered. Remove this from the ignition, throw rest of ignition in trash. You can cut your main red wire off at the solder. Make a jumper wire, solder jumperwire to the low side of the diode,if ur unsure use a meter,it s the side with no power, once you jumpers soldered on all you have to do is twist the unsoldered end of the jumper to your red power wire you already cut,thats it, fuel pump primes,its all same as key, and once done obviously you can run and hide a switch wherever you want to hide it,i have hidden switch on my bike and like it way more than a key that i will lose for sure
That's interesting considering that the ignition switch has inherent resistance in it that the rating for the ZENER takes into account to get the voltage to the right amount. I just helped a guy get one running on a quad, all he had was the ZENER and it wouldn't run without a 100 ohm resistor wired in.
unfetteredmight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 5:28 PM   #14

Reputation Power: 14
Dre-929 is a glorious beacon of light Dre-929 is a glorious beacon of light Dre-929 is a glorious beacon of light Dre-929 is a glorious beacon of light Dre-929 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 954fighter View Post
Do you remember the wire colours? what was conected where?
Dre-929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 5:50 PM   #15

Reputation Power: 11
unfetteredmight is a glorious beacon of light unfetteredmight is a glorious beacon of light unfetteredmight is a glorious beacon of light unfetteredmight is a glorious beacon of light unfetteredmight is a glorious beacon of light unfetteredmight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to unfetteredmight

Originally Posted by Dre-929 View Post
Do you remember the wire colours? what was conected where?
There's always one wire in and the rest out, source is always red. That may have changed after the 954 though.
unfetteredmight is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Search tags for this page
96 cbr ignition bypass
bypass ignition 09 ninja 250

bypass ignition switch motorcycle

hot wire motorcycle no ignition switch
how bypass ignition with a toggle switch on motorcycle
how to bypass ignition on a honda cbr 250r
how to bypass motor bike ignition switch
how to hotwire a 2001 honda cbr 929

how to start motorcycle with screwdriver

so how can i hotwire my 2013 hond cbr 250r no igniting wires are cut
so how can i hotwire my 2013 honda cbr250r no ignition wires are cut
starting honda cbr250r using ignition wires
Click on a term to search for related topics.