Fuel Cap Stuck Shut! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-05-2010, 5:11 PM Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9
Fuel Cap Stuck Shut!

my RRX, when I refuelled last week, I noticed it was hard to open the fuel cap, it slipped my mind until tonight when I went to lube it, and guess what, damn thing wouldnt open, as the key wouldnt turn in the lock. The main key was just twisting each time I tried, and i straightened the key again in a vice, PLUSGAS into the key lock , and still no joy. even the spare key wouldnt work. i let it sit an hour, jiggled it again with the main key, and YEHAA, it opened, received a dose of WD40, and seems fine now. made my brow sweat for a while tho!! think i#ll get a new key as it should be strong.... my keys are 13 yrs old!! and maybe investigate the keyless fuel locks, as this has happened to a degree the last 2 years, this being the worst.

anyone use them?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 05-09-2010, 7:02 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7
Re: Fuel Cap Stuck Shut!

After 11 years mine got sticky as well, WD40 worked to free it up. But WD40 will evaporate, I recommend using spray graphite or synthetic oil to lube it. At least it hangs around for a while, A lot of racers use the screw type keyless gas caps. I personally haven't used one

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Search tags for this page
honda metropolitan gas cap stuck
honda quad gas cap stuck
honda shadow gas cap stuck
honda stuck fuel cap

how to get a locked gas cap off a 2003 honda metropolitan

how to get a locked gas cap off a honda metropolitan

how to remove a stuck motorcycle gas cap

motorcycle gas cap stuck

my gas cap is jammed shut. how do i get it open?
stuck gas cap on motorcycle
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page