2000 CBR 929 Rims - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-19-2010, 6:15 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-12-2007
Location: Pittsburgh,PA now in Spring Lake, NC
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Send a message via AIM to Reaper7734
2000 CBR 929 Rims

Does anyone know if rims from a 2009 GSXR 600 will fit on a 2000 CBR 929. They are the same rim size and the tires are 120/70ZR17 front and 180/55ZR17 Rear, but the bolt pattern is different. My CBR has same for the front and the rear is a little different for tire not sure if that matters 190/50ZR17. If I get a new sproket and new rotors will they fit? If not does anyone know how much they retail for without the sproket and rotors? They are pretty much brand new. still have the green lines on the tires. I guess they have a few hundred miles on the tires probably from riding before getting aftermarket. They were from a friend that was just gonna throw them out.

Thanks.
Alan
Reaper7734 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 07-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 50
Posts: 32,035
Images: 2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 227
                     
Re: 2000 CBR 929 Rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper7734 View Post
Does anyone know if rims from a 2009 GSXR 600 will fit on a 2000 CBR 929. They are the same rim size and the tires are 120/70ZR17 front and 180/55ZR17 Rear, but the bolt pattern is different. My CBR has same for the front and the rear is a little different for tire not sure if that matters 190/50ZR17. If I get a new sproket and new rotors will they fit? If not does anyone know how much they retail for without the sproket and rotors? They are pretty much brand new. still have the green lines on the tires. I guess they have a few hundred miles on the tires probably from riding before getting aftermarket. They were from a friend that was just gonna throw them out.

Thanks.
Alan
If it's running a 180 rear tyre surely the wheel is 5.5"?
Certainly you could make them fit but you would need to make up axle spacers and possibly caliper spacers.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 07-20-2010, 5:39 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-12-2007
Location: Pittsburgh,PA now in Spring Lake, NC
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Send a message via AIM to Reaper7734
Re: 2000 CBR 929 Rims

Thanks for the quick reply. It is a 5.5" rim, I guess my best bet is to sell these on eBay or something and just get a new back one for mine. I was looking for the easiest route my rim is slightly tweaked and gives a wobble while riding and that’s never fun. It wouldn’t be so bad but my rims are chrome, making it very hard to just find a cheap replacement. Thanks for the help.
Reaper7734 is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old 07-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 50
Posts: 32,035
Images: 2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 227
                     
Re: 2000 CBR 929 Rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper7734 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. It is a 5.5" rim, I guess my best bet is to sell these on eBay or something and just get a new back one for mine. I was looking for the easiest route my rim is slightly tweaked and gives a wobble while riding and thatís never fun. It wouldnít be so bad but my rims are chrome, making it very hard to just find a cheap replacement. Thanks for the help.
You can still run a 5.5" wheel, I was just confused when you said it was the same size as the 929 wheel.
Have you tried having it straightened?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 07-21-2010, 12:34 AM
 
CBR929RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-06-2004
Location: Randolph, MA
Age: 36
Posts: 12,773
Images: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 36
                 
Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: 2000 CBR 929 Rims

I have a rear wheel from a 929. Guaranteed straight. you can have it for $125 (cost $95 to have it straightened). its orange with a polished lip.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
CBR929RE is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 07-21-2010, 9:31 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-12-2007
Location: Pittsburgh,PA now in Spring Lake, NC
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Send a message via AIM to Reaper7734
Re: 2000 CBR 929 Rims

Thanks for the offer CBR929RE, but I was looking for one that's chrome to match the front, Do you know where to have one sent to be straightened? I haven't tired to have mine done yet. I would think it could be done, Its in pretty good shape no visiable dents or anything just when I went to get it balanced it was out of round a little bit and the weights wouldnt bring it back to perfect. Oh and sorry bladeracer I keep saying rims i'm used to working with old wheels with spokes and those were rims. I mean to say wheels. I kinda wish they were rims that way I could straighten them myself. My grandfather was a motorcycle builder and fabricator for about 70+ years even designed an electric lean for his sidecar LOL pretty smart man too bad hes been gone for a long time.
Reaper7734 is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 07-22-2010, 12:14 AM
Administrator
 
Red Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-23-2001
Location: Motor City, Michigan
Age: 57
Posts: 8,593
Images: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 44
                     
Re: 2000 CBR 929 Rims

Wills Rim Repair | Bent motorcycle rim repair

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."




Red Rider is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 07-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 50
Posts: 32,035
Images: 2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 227
                     
Re: 2000 CBR 929 Rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper7734 View Post
Thanks for the offer CBR929RE, but I was looking for one that's chrome to match the front, Do you know where to have one sent to be straightened? I haven't tired to have mine done yet. I would think it could be done, Its in pretty good shape no visiable dents or anything just when I went to get it balanced it was out of round a little bit and the weights wouldnt bring it back to perfect. Oh and sorry bladeracer I keep saying rims i'm used to working with old wheels with spokes and those were rims. I mean to say wheels. I kinda wish they were rims that way I could straighten them myself. My grandfather was a motorcycle builder and fabricator for about 70+ years even designed an electric lean for his sidecar LOL pretty smart man too bad hes been gone for a long time.
As already posted, Will's is probably the best place for wheel repairs.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Search tags for this page
2000 honda cbr 929 rim size
,
2000cbr back wheel for save
,
cbr 929 chrome rims
,

cbr 929 rims

,
cbr 929 wheels
,
chrome rims for 929 cbr
,
honda cbr 929rr rims
,
honda motorcycle with white rims
,

used wheels for 2000 honda cbr 929 rr

,
what wheels will fit a 2001 cbr 929
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will CBR 600RR rims (or rims from any other CBR) fit on a fireblade? submaniac Honda FireBlade 4 04-18-2011 3:09 PM
Will 2002 RVT rims fit on a 2000 RVT? unfetteredmight Honda RC51 7 04-04-2010 12:22 PM
Rims isaac Honda Interceptor / VFR 1 04-23-2008 12:32 AM
2000 929 chrome rims wanted... bronx929rr Wanted 0 04-28-2007 3:43 PM
954 White Rims (Trade For Black Rims?) schnitzel_2k3 For Sale 3 08-30-2006 2:20 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome