954 rear shock ugrade - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-02-2011, 7:42 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-01-2010
Location: boston
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7
 
954 rear shock ugrade

Hi ive asked this before but didn,t get a reply. Has anyone any idea if a shock from a later blade will fit on a 954. My shock is getting a bit bouncy now after 29,000 miles.
Im on a budget so a shiny new shock is out of the picture. Im looking at either rebuilding my shock for about £150 or buying a late model second hand shock.
ahthud is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 04-02-2011, 7:53 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 50
Posts: 32,035
Images: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 226
                     
Re: 954 rear shock ugrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthud View Post
Hi ive asked this before but didn,t get a reply. Has anyone any idea if a shock from a later blade will fit on a 954. My shock is getting a bit bouncy now after 29,000 miles.
Im on a budget so a shiny new shock is out of the picture. Im looking at either rebuilding my shock for about £150 or buying a late model second hand shock.


Put a RaceTech Gold Valve in it perhaps?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 04-02-2011, 8:56 AM
 
Join Date: 03-20-2008
Location: New York
Posts: 5,320
Images: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 119
                     
Re: 954 rear shock ugrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Put a RaceTech Gold Valve in it perhaps?
Exactly, you can get whole Racetech rebuild kit spring and valves for around $275 US, talked to Racetech yesterday about it for my gsxr.
spina220 is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old 04-02-2011, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-01-2010
Location: boston
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7
 
Re: 954 rear shock ugrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by spina220 View Post
Exactly, you can get whole Racetech rebuild kit spring and valves for around $275 US, talked to Racetech yesterday about it for my gsxr.
Cheers, I've looked at this route but in the UK with fitting I'm looking at about £300 ($450) and I dont have that amount to spend thanks to the current economic climate. Hence my question about a later shock fitting as I can pick up 08/9 shocks for a little as £100.
ahthud is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 04-02-2011, 4:58 PM
 
Join Date: 03-20-2008
Location: New York
Posts: 5,320
Images: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 119
                     
Re: 954 rear shock ugrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthud View Post
Cheers, I've looked at this route but in the UK with fitting I'm looking at about £300 ($450) and I dont have that amount to spend thanks to the current economic climate. Hence my question about a later shock fitting as I can pick up 08/9 shocks for a little as £100.
Sorry bro can't help with that info, but I was just thinking.....what about just getting a new spring and changing the fluid.....that would probably cost the same and may help solve your problem.
spina220 is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 04-03-2011, 2:38 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-01-2010
Location: boston
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7
 
Re: 954 rear shock ugrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by spina220 View Post
Sorry bro can't help with that info, but I was just thinking.....what about just getting a new spring and changing the fluid.....that would probably cost the same and may help solve your problem.
Thats probably the route i,ll go down
ahthud is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 04-04-2011, 2:47 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-01-2010
Location: boston
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7
 
Re: 954 rear shock ugrade

Ok so heres the deal, I can get my current shock rebuilt for £100 or I can buy a 09 shock wit hless than 1000 miles on it for £60. If the 08 shock fitted which way would you go?
ahthud is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 04-04-2011, 9:37 PM
 
Join Date: 03-20-2008
Location: New York
Posts: 5,320
Images: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 119
                     
Re: 954 rear shock ugrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthud View Post
Ok so heres the deal, I can get my current shock rebuilt for £100 or I can buy a 09 shock wit hless than 1000 miles on it for £60. If the 08 shock fitted which way would you go?
If you are getting your stock shock rebuilt and sprung for your weight it would be a no brainer for me.
spina220 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Search tags for this page
954rr rear suspension
,

954rr shock

,
954rr shocks
,

cbr 954 rear shock

,
cbr954 shock rebuild
,
fireblade 954 rear shock
,

honda 954 rear shock

,

how to rebuild cbr 954 rear shock

,

rebuild cbr 954 shock

,

rebuild rear shock cbr 954

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SP2 rear shock in SP1 mondo Honda RC51 4 02-28-2011 2:47 AM
REAR SHOCK MOD GUNBUNNY2BG4U Honda CBR 600 0 01-31-2011 5:09 AM
Rear SHock cvc14 Honda CBR 600 6 05-14-2005 5:06 PM
rear shock? kc954 Honda FireBlade 2 01-16-2005 12:21 PM
Ohlins rear shock and DK's rear suspension link Pete Honda RC51 5 02-02-2004 2:45 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome