Honda Motorcycle Forum
Honda Motorcycles
Navigation » Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade » testing the rectifier with a multimeter! need help

Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 9:44 PM   #1

Reputation Power: 0
maharot22 is on a distinguished road
testing the rectifier with a multimeter! need help

here is a video i made,

Your help is very much appreciated, any help will do, i really have no idea what im doing.
maharot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #2

Re: testing the rectifier with a multimeter! need help

Anybody please?

Update:
Installed the new R/R and charged and filled the battery with fluids. installed the battery and R/R in place, started the bike, and voltage is 12.82 really low i would say, I installed a brand new stator last week from this date, rode once (sunday) died on me sunday night when i got home so i thought its the R/R battery is semi new, i really dont know what else is going on, im ready to kick this POS bike really,

About testing the R/R and Stator, Im not sure if im even doing it right thats why i try to post videos instead but no one seems to respond, im really clueless, im thinking of removing the stator and check it, and return it for warranty.

really guys, help me out, prior on testing the electrics, im confused. really i need help, im despereate.

Pictures or videos will help out alot , As in ALOT.
thanks yall!

Last edited by maharot22; 09-30-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 1:01 AM   #3
Global Moderator

Reputation Power: 214
bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maharot22 View Post
Anybody please?

Update:
Installed the new R/R and charged and filled the battery with fluids. installed the battery and R/R in place, started the bike, and voltage is 12.82 really low i would say, I installed a brand new stator last week from this date, rode once (sunday) died on me sunday night when i got home so i thought its the R/R battery is semi new, i really dont know what else is going on, im ready to kick this POS bike really,

About testing the R/R and Stator, Im not sure if im even doing it right thats why i try to post videos instead but no one seems to respond, im really clueless, im thinking of removing the stator and check it, and return it for warranty.

really guys, help me out, prior on testing the electrics, im confused. really i need help, im despereate.

Pictures or videos will help out alot , As in ALOT.
thanks yall!

You had 12.82V with the engine running before you replaced the stator. What voltage did you have after you replaced it?
Old 10-01-2011, 1:48 AM   #4

Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
You had 12.82V with the engine running before you replaced the stator. What voltage did you have after you replaced it?

adter replacing the old stator with the new one it read 14.75v after a good sunday ride when i got home, I checked the battery voltage with a voltmeter and it read 12.7v so im not sure if the stator was fried again? (this is a brand new one btw)

i bought a new R/R and installed it,

I dont know if my stator is fried again, i checked wires comeing from the stator i get 1.4 Ohms i think. manual said should be max of 1.0 ohms. is my stator fried?

on the R/R i dont know how to check this one but its brand new, just got it today
Old 10-01-2011, 1:52 AM   #5
Global Moderator

Reputation Power: 214
bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maharot22 View Post
adter replacing the old stator with the new one it read 14.75v after a good sunday ride when i got home, I checked the battery voltage with a voltmeter and it read 12.7v so im not sure if the stator was fried again? (this is a brand new one btw)

i bought a new R/R and installed it,

I dont know if my stator is fried again, i checked wires comeing from the stator i get 1.4 Ohms i think. manual said should be max of 1.0 ohms. is my stator fried?

on the R/R i dont know how to check this one but its brand new, just got it today
12.7V with the engine running?
Old 10-01-2011, 1:55 AM   #6

Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
12.7V with the engine running?
12.8v when running, this is all installed. R/R and stator.

how about the ohms i got from the wires coming from the stator? is that normal? or is it dead?
Old 10-01-2011, 7:28 AM   #7

Reputation Power: 44
jdugen has a reputation beyond repute jdugen has a reputation beyond repute jdugen has a reputation beyond repute jdugen has a reputation beyond repute jdugen has a reputation beyond repute jdugen has a reputation beyond repute jdugen has a reputation beyond repute jdugen has a reputation beyond repute jdugen has a reputation beyond repute jdugen has a reputation beyond repute jdugen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I cant make out your settings on the tester. No matter, it is not reading correcty. With the two test leads connected, it should give a reading of 000 (no Ohms resistance) with a decimal point in there somewhere. On my fluke, infinity (no leads connected) shows 100 M (meg ohms, milions of ohms resistance). A cheap meter will differ, I am presuming the 1 showing is the equivalent of infinity.
Look at your resistance settings, there will usuall be a high and a low Ohms setting on cheaper analogue meters.
You cant do any testing untill you can get the meter to read properly.
If you could post up a clear photo of the front of your meter it will help in getting you set up properly.

Cheers
jdugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #8

Originally Posted by jdugen View Post
Hi
I cant make out your settings on the tester. No matter, it is not reading correcty. With the two test leads connected, it should give a reading of 000 (no Ohms resistance) with a decimal point in there somewhere. On my fluke, infinity (no leads connected) shows 100 M (meg ohms, milions of ohms resistance). A cheap meter will differ, I am presuming the 1 showing is the equivalent of infinity.
Look at your resistance settings, there will usuall be a high and a low Ohms setting on cheaper analogue meters.
You cant do any testing untill you can get the meter to read properly.
If you could post up a clear photo of the front of your meter it will help in getting you set up properly.

Cheers
Google Images

Update:

i I did some testing this morning and only to find out that my stator went out!!! and its brand new aswell!! well how i did the test is simple, i have the bike in idle and i have my multimeter on the DCV option, i punt the negative probe on the negative battery terminal and i put the red probe on the stator 3 wires coming from the stator itself, remeber this are all connected to each other, tested the voltage each and got 2 wires up to 4.6 volts and one vire to .80 volts so one wire is shut, means to say the whole unit is shot, i only rode once last sunday and its already done, im returning it to ricks motorsports for replacement because its warrantied.
heres the exact unit i have.

Last edited by maharot22; 10-01-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Tags
rectifier multimeter , stator , testing

Search tags for this page
07 cbr1000rr rectifier
atv rectifier test

cbr1000rr rectifier test

how to check rectifier on motorcycles
how to check rectifier using multimeter

how to test a rectifier

how to test cbr rectifier
rectifier testing with multimeter
regulator rectifier multimeter test
testing rectifier output honda 50hp
testing rectifier with multimeter
testing regulator rectifier with multimeter
Click on a term to search for related topics.