Honda Motorcycle Forum
Honda Motorcycles
Navigation » Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade » HELP, US ecu and wiring harness on HISS bike

Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 4:39 AM   #1

Reputation Power: 0
badmatahfingha is on a distinguished road
HELP, US ecu and wiring harness on HISS bike

HElloz,
for some absurd reason the hiss chip vanished from my key so i purchased an American ecu and wiring harness to get away with hiss completely, i am still using the old ignition with hiss sensors ( disconnected)
now the bike turns but the fuel pump doesnt prime and there is no current at the plugs.
there are 4 wires in the connector which connects to the ignition switch...and only three wires comming from the ignition switch.
the pink wire on the connector doesnt have a corresponding wire that comes from the ignition switch.....i am hoping that is my problem.
could someone please point me in the right direction.....
I am in India and getting parts is a time consuming process, it would take me a few weeks to get a new ignition switch from china, i was initially hoping that there would be a way to use the ignition switch that i already had on my hiss bike.
I remember reading up on some diode trick when i was searching about changing the non hiss ecu and harness.

guys please help me i havent ridden in 8 months now
thanks in advance!
badmatahfingha is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-21-2012, 6:01 AM   #2
Global Moderator

Reputation Power: 214
bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HELP, US ecu and wiring harness on HISS bike

Originally Posted by badmatahfingha View Post
HElloz,
for some absurd reason the hiss chip vanished from my key so i purchased an American ecu and wiring harness to get away with hiss completely, i am still using the old ignition with hiss sensors ( disconnected)
now the bike turns but the fuel pump doesnt prime and there is no current at the plugs.
there are 4 wires in the connector which connects to the ignition switch...and only three wires comming from the ignition switch.
the pink wire on the connector doesnt have a corresponding wire that comes from the ignition switch.....i am hoping that is my problem.
could someone please point me in the right direction.....
I am in India and getting parts is a time consuming process, it would take me a few weeks to get a new ignition switch from china, i was initially hoping that there would be a way to use the ignition switch that i already had on my hiss bike.
I remember reading up on some diode trick when i was searching about changing the non hiss ecu and harness.

guys please help me i havent ridden in 8 months now
thanks in advance!

What sort of bike is it?
I think the pink wire is the diode circuit.
Old 05-21-2012, 9:39 AM   #3

Hi Blade,
its a 2000 929rr, I found the wiring diagrams that you posted elsewhere on this board and was comparing the Europe and American version.
i see the pink wire in hiss( European) version goes to the immobiliser whereas in the US version it goes to the ignition switch. i only have 3 wires coming from the ignition switch like the European version but since now i have a American wiring harness there is that extra pink wire which has no place to connect in the ignition.
even the enginestop/starter switch wiring is different.
I will go to my mech and get some pics tomorrow, and hopefully the wiringdiagrams that you had posted will help him figure out where the other connectors go, i think there was one connector which still has no place to go.
Thanks!
Old 05-21-2012, 1:48 PM   #4

more comparing of Eu and US wiring diagram, there seem to be oxygen sensor and purge control valve on the US that is missing from the European , since i have changed to a US harness i wouldnt know where to connect those as i dont think i will have oxygen sensor and purgecontrol valve......i dont even know if i am making sense :~
sorry for my bad english
Old 05-21-2012, 1:52 PM   #5
Global Moderator

Reputation Power: 214
bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by badmatahfingha View Post
more comparing of Eu and US wiring diagram, there seem to be oxygen sensor and purge control valve on the US that is missing from the European , since i have changed to a US harness i wouldnt know where to connect those as i dont think i will have oxygen sensor and purgecontrol valve......i dont even know if i am making sense :~
sorry for my bad english

Those are only on the Californian harness.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #6

That is good news because i have the non cali ecu and harness.
so what do i do with the pink wire now? i am confused how to put a diode on it....diode one end on the pink wire and then ground it?
thanks for the help Blade, i will be at my mechs and get pictures
Old 05-23-2012, 5:20 AM   #7

went to the mechanic the camera had no battries
so i was trying to get the pink back in the hiss system and give it power...didnt seem to work.
was reading up about chinese ignition switches , apparently they also come with 3 wires without the diode, from what i have read online so far one has to attach a diode between the pink wire from the harness to the black/red from the ignition.
so i am off to search for a 3.9v zener diode.
will report back
Old 02-28-2014, 5:45 AM   #8

Reputation Power: 69
Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute Lambchops has a reputation beyond repute

old thread but this is what you need to know:

Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/ysIOKccFSFQ

My 900RR Winter Project
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html
Lambchops is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Search tags for this page

2001 honda hiss wiring diagram

2006 cbr1000rr wiring loom

can a cbr 929 use a 954 wiring harness

cbr 929rr modify us wiring

cbr 954 speedo hiss with us ecu
cbr1000rr 2012 us hiss

european ecu for honda cbr1000rr

motorcycle ecu what do the four wires go to?
swap pink wires in connector cbr 1000
us 05 zx6r ecu wiring
us honda ecu and loom
wiring harness for cbr 1000rr 2010
Click on a term to search for related topics.