Honda XL 600......? - Page 2 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda Off-Road Discussion of Honda Off-Road Vehicles, including Honda Dirt Bikes, Honda ATVs, Honda 4-Wheelers, and Honda Watercraft.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 Old 09-28-2012, 1:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Honda XL 600......?

Hi everyone this is my first post and im new to it so sorry about jumping on someone elses post but couldnt figure how to do my own.
I have just got a 1985 XL600 and it seems low on power it starts first time runs nice but does not seem to have much power especially as other posts ive read i hear things about people doing power wheelies and mine will never do that can anyone help???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 09-28-2012, 4:56 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbailey28 View Post
Hi everyone this is my first post and im new to it so sorry about jumping on someone elses post but couldnt figure how to do my own.
I have just got a 1985 XL600 and it seems low on power it starts first time runs nice but does not seem to have much power especially as other posts ive read i hear things about people doing power wheelies and mine will never do that can anyone help???

I had an '81 XL500 25 years ago so I can't remember if it would power wheelie. Certainly I would expect you to be able to bounce the front up using the front suspension though.
Can you wheelie other bikes okay?
What size are your sprockets?
I assume it clutches up okay?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #18 of 21 Old 09-28-2012, 5:31 PM

Hi thanks for the reply, yes I can normally pop a good wheelie I used to own a fzr1000 and that wouldn't stay down, the clutch is fine and no it doesn't seem to want to bounce up either its just very slow on pick up it seems to die a little when opening the throttle fully then it's clears and goes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 21 Old 09-28-2012, 7:07 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbailey28 View Post
Hi thanks for the reply, yes I can normally pop a good wheelie I used to own a fzr1000 and that wouldn't stay down, the clutch is fine and no it doesn't seem to want to bounce up either its just very slow on pick up it seems to die a little when opening the throttle fully then it's clears and goes?

I would go through and bring all the maintenance items up to date then to begin with. Then do some diagnostics like compression test and check the jetting.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #20 of 21 Old 02-19-2014, 2:36 PM

Honda XL 600R problems

I have 1983 honda xl 600 will start and run with choke on, cuts off when you take choke off.
post #21 of 21 Old 02-19-2014, 4:13 PM
Global Moderator

Re: Honda XL 600R problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by merereg View Post
I have 1983 honda xl 600 will start and run with choke on, cuts off when you take choke off.

I would guess that it's been sitting a while and the pilot circuits are blocked.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda Off-Road

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Search tags for this page
1983 honda xl 600r what color

1983 honda xl600r carburetor

1983 xl600r choke lever

forum moto honda 600xls

honda of road 600cc 1983
honda xl 600 history
honda xl honda 600 need a battery
why have a battery honda xl600
xl600 choke
xl600 choke lever
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page