Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Another CBR owner

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Andrew_S 
#1 ·
Hi all! Long time reader, first time poster.

Have had a few bikes over the years, with the latest being 2000 929rr.

Hoping to find some useful tips and hints from the collective and hopefully make a few new riding buddies.

Currently doing a streetfighter conversion. As with most streetfighters, born of unfortunate circumstances(read: mild crash). It's almost there, just needs a few streetfighter specific final touches.

Anyway, I'll have a read and a search to see what others have done. Itching to get back out...

Stay upright!

#6 ·
How do I do this? Don´t know the words for pictures in here. Am new though not as owner of a Blade. Had it since new in ´96. In a few month 21 years and 170.000km. A question: Believe my says to be 919ccm! None of that capacity are mentioned! And it had gear change problems from just about new! Dealer just told me to learn how to change gear on a Honda. Indeed found my way to this site maybe a decade ago. Someone in Australia had a problem like mine. A bit missing on the gear drum. Went to my dealer with this information, he just asked me to leave and have people help me who could come up with such an idea. Last couple of summers it started to drop out of fourth gear. Another Honda dealer has taken it apart this winter and found a bit is missing on the gear drum! He accepts my original Honda CB750 ´69 for his work. As a pensioner I could not afford the repair. However old I still prefer to ride a bike to just polish it! So in a few days time will be the end of nearly 48 years owner of the CB750 Honda. Used to the forum for that old thing now intend to change over to here.
Youers Truly Erling.

#7 · (Edited)
Welcome Dirk,

You'll find plenty of useful advice on here from members who are willing to share their knowledge and advice, unlike some bike and car fora I've visited.

Welcome to you too Erling,

Seems a sad way to end a 48 year long relationship with a CB750KO, which over here it would be worth a small fortune so I think your dealer is getting the best part of the deal - but needs must I guess.

Cheers
Andrew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.