Honda Motorcycle Forum
Honda Motorcycles
Navigation » Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Motorcycles For Sale » 1994 Honda CBR900RR For Sale

Motorcycles For Sale Buy and sell motorcycles here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 12:25 AM   #1

Reputation Power: 0
thedeatons is on a distinguished road
1994 Honda CBR900RR For Sale

This bike has been great since I have owned it. Totally reliable, predictable, and a lot of power. I am the second, adult owner. Meticulously maintained, tuned up, and taken care of. Super-clean. Everything works, the bike needs nothing.

When I bought the bike it was completely stock, just like when it rolled off the showroom floor. I wanted to keep it that way for nostalgia’s sake, so it still retains the stock pipe, jetting, and turn signals. The bike really looks great, and people love to start conversations about it, and how clean it is.

I did change a couple little things which helped performance but didn’t change the original intention of the Honda design team. Here is a list of changes:

-Vortex Front & Rear 520 Chain & Sprocket Conversion (-1 Front/+2 rear). This is recommended track day gearing, though the bike has always been street ridden. The gearing really helps the bike accelerate well, and removes 5+ lbs of un-sprung weight (Cat5 Black rear sprocket).

-RK 520 Chain. This is a high performance, extremely strong (in tensile strength) chain that is new with the sprockets. The chain has been lubed once per week with Maxima Chain Wax while in 1st gear on a race stand.

-CBR600RR Stick Coil upgrade. The standard coils were working fine, but stick coils really free up space in the engine compartment, and reduce weight. Stick coils are also dyno proven to provide a 1 hp increase.

-All new Motion Pro cables. Choke, clutch, and push-pull throttle cables have all been replaced with brand new Motion Pro cables. Everything works great and is very smooth, like a new bike.

-Brand new Electrosport regulator/rectifier. New unit with large cooling fins to avoid overheating.

-New OEM Honda Yuasa battery installed. Charged and ready to go.

-New Dunlop Qualifier tires. Tires handle perfectly, extremely predictable.

-Forks just rebuilt (by me) with fresh Red Line 10wt. synthetic fork oil and new OEM Honda fork seals and dust seals.

-Brand new OEM Honda front brake pads. They are bedded inn and have a nice predictable, linear feel.

-Lockhart Phillips aluminum upper fairing stay. Reduces weight and is silver instead of black so it matches the raw aluminum color of the frame and swingarm.

-Brand new OEM Honda grips.

-Freshly black powdercoated bar end plugs and wheels. They shine like brand new and are much more durable than the stock paint.

-Brand new OEM Honda wheel bearings front and rear. These were installed when the wheels returned from the powdercoater. They were installed properly, and spin perfectly.

-Fresh carb synchronization (by me) using a Motion Pro sync gauge.

-Fresh intake and exhaust valve adjustment (by me). Hot Cams brand valve shims were used.

-Air filter just cleaned.

The bike is near perfect. There is a small crack on the left side of the upper fairing. It was professionally repaired and is fine now, just a small cosmetic blemish. The bike has never been wrecked or dropped.

These older sportbikes are great to own and ride. The tanks are big, making the bike just feel like a real liter bike. The ergonomics are great. I have ridden it from Boise to San Diego and it was great. No cramps or hurt wrists. Acceleration is excellent with the gearing change. The bike wheelies on the power in first, no clutching required. 0-60mph in under 3 seconds and the ¼ mile should come in about 11 seconds flat if not a hair under. The tail section is deep with a trunk under the passenger seat. The trunk will hold a sweatshirt, dvds, and a pair of gloves easily. Passengers feel right at home, their bodies are not scrunched up on this bike at all.

Extras that are included:
Original tool kit
Owner’s manual
Service manual (.pdf file)
Teknic One-Piece Rain Suit
Shoei RF-900 Helmet (Matches bike, and is brand new. Large in size)

I am in Boise, Idaho. Contact me via phone: 619-980-7268 or email: thedeatons@hotmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0826 (Large).JPG‎   DSCN0827 (Large).JPG‎   DSCN0828 (Large).JPG‎   DSCN0830 (Large).JPG‎  

thedeatons is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-09-2010, 1:28 AM   #2
Global Moderator

Reputation Power: 214
bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 1994 Honda CBR900RR For Sale

Originally Posted by thedeatons View Post
This bike has been great since I have owned it. Totally reliable, predictable, and a lot of power. I am the second, adult owner. Meticulously maintained, tuned up, and taken care of. Super-clean. Everything works, the bike needs nothing.

When I bought the bike it was completely stock, just like when it rolled off the showroom floor. I wanted to keep it that way for nostalgia’s sake, so it still retains the stock pipe, jetting, and turn signals. The bike really looks great, and people love to start conversations about it, and how clean it is.

I did change a couple little things which helped performance but didn’t change the original intention of the Honda design team. Here is a list of changes:

-Vortex Front & Rear 520 Chain & Sprocket Conversion (-1 Front/+2 rear). This is recommended track day gearing, though the bike has always been street ridden. The gearing really helps the bike accelerate well, and removes 5+ lbs of un-sprung weight (Cat5 Black rear sprocket).

-RK 520 Chain. This is a high performance, extremely strong (in tensile strength) chain that is new with the sprockets. The chain has been lubed once per week with Maxima Chain Wax while in 1st gear on a race stand.

-CBR600RR Stick Coil upgrade. The standard coils were working fine, but stick coils really free up space in the engine compartment, and reduce weight. Stick coils are also dyno proven to provide a 1 hp increase.

-All new Motion Pro cables. Choke, clutch, and push-pull throttle cables have all been replaced with brand new Motion Pro cables. Everything works great and is very smooth, like a new bike.

-Brand new Electrosport regulator/rectifier. New unit with large cooling fins to avoid overheating.

-New OEM Honda Yuasa battery installed. Charged and ready to go.

-New Dunlop Qualifier tires. Tires handle perfectly, extremely predictable.

-Forks just rebuilt (by me) with fresh Red Line 10wt. synthetic fork oil and new OEM Honda fork seals and dust seals.

-Brand new OEM Honda front brake pads. They are bedded inn and have a nice predictable, linear feel.

-Lockhart Phillips aluminum upper fairing stay. Reduces weight and is silver instead of black so it matches the raw aluminum color of the frame and swingarm.

-Brand new OEM Honda grips.

-Freshly black powdercoated bar end plugs and wheels. They shine like brand new and are much more durable than the stock paint.

-Brand new OEM Honda wheel bearings front and rear. These were installed when the wheels returned from the powdercoater. They were installed properly, and spin perfectly.

-Fresh carb synchronization (by me) using a Motion Pro sync gauge.

-Fresh intake and exhaust valve adjustment (by me). Hot Cams brand valve shims were used.

-Air filter just cleaned.

The bike is near perfect. There is a small crack on the left side of the upper fairing. It was professionally repaired and is fine now, just a small cosmetic blemish. The bike has never been wrecked or dropped.

These older sportbikes are great to own and ride. The tanks are big, making the bike just feel like a real liter bike. The ergonomics are great. I have ridden it from Boise to San Diego and it was great. No cramps or hurt wrists. Acceleration is excellent with the gearing change. The bike wheelies on the power in first, no clutching required. 0-60mph in under 3 seconds and the ¼ mile should come in about 11 seconds flat if not a hair under. The tail section is deep with a trunk under the passenger seat. The trunk will hold a sweatshirt, dvds, and a pair of gloves easily. Passengers feel right at home, their bodies are not scrunched up on this bike at all.

Extras that are included:
Original tool kit
Owner’s manual
Service manual (.pdf file)
Teknic One-Piece Rain Suit
Shoei RF-900 Helmet (Matches bike, and is brand new. Large in size)

I am in Boise, Idaho. Contact me via phone: 619-980-7268 or email: thedeatons@hotmail.com
You didn't mention mileage or price?
The 520 chain and sprocket swap does not save more than 5lbs, it saves around 1kg or 2.23lbs.
Totally reliable but it has a new regulator and battery?
Does the charging system work?
Old 08-09-2010, 1:23 PM   #3

Sorry about not posting the price. I forgot about that!

Mileage is 41000 (which equates to 2500 miles per year on a 16 year old bike).

Price is $3500.

You are correct about the STATIC weight savings of the 520 conversion. The 5lb weight loss mentioned is 5+lbs of savings as ROTATING (and unsprung) weight savings. If you are not aware of the difference Google can help explain it. Rotating weight compounds static weight, and unsprung weight is a more important weight loss than any other.

When I bought the bike it had an OEM Honda regulator and 5 year old Yuasa battery. The OEM regulator went out from overheating (as almost all of them do), so it now has an oversized Electrosport regulator and brand new battery. This means it is totally reliable.

Yes the charging system works....

Thanks,
James

Last edited by thedeatons; 08-09-2010 at 1:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 1:46 PM   #4
Global Moderator

bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute bladeracer has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about not posting the price. I forgot about that!

Mileage is 41000 (which equates to 2500 miles per year on a 16 year old bike).

Price is $3500.

You are correct about the STATIC weight savings of the 520 conversion. The 5lb weight loss mentioned is 5+lbs of savings as ROTATING (and unsprung) weight savings. If you are not aware of the difference Google can help explain it. Rotating weight compounds static weight, and unsprung weight is a more important weight loss than any other.

When I bought the bike it had an OEM Honda regulator and 5 year old Yuasa battery. The OEM regulator went out from overheating (as almost all of them do), so it now has an oversized Electrosport regulator and brand new battery. This means it is totally reliable.

Yes the charging system works....

Thanks,
James

You do understand that a kg of unsprung weight weighs the same as a kg of sprung weight, right?
I'm well aware of the difference each has on the bike's performance but can you post the formula you used to work out that 1kg of unsprung weight equates to 2kg somehow?
It's "totally reliable" but you've only just installed the new regulator and battery? What voltage is it putting across the battery now?
Old 08-09-2010, 2:04 PM   #5

Dude.... Two things:

ROTATING WEIGHT! Static weight gets HEAVIER when you rotate it. This is best shown by turning a bicycle wheel while holding the axle in your hand, then turning a SPINNING bicycle wheel while holding the axle in your hand.

The charging system is FINE. There is a little more than 14.4V at the battery while running.

IS THIS WHAT YOU DO, GET ON HERE AND PICK ON PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO SELL SOMETHING THEY ARE PROUD OF?

If you are not going to buy the bike I would appreciate it if you would leave my post alone.

Thank you,
James
Old 08-09-2010, 2:21 PM   #6
Global Moderator

Dude.... Two things:

ROTATING WEIGHT! Static weight gets HEAVIER when you rotate it. This is best shown by turning a bicycle wheel while holding the axle in your hand, then turning a SPINNING bicycle wheel while holding the axle in your hand.

The charging system is FINE. There is a little more than 14.4V at the battery while running.

IS THIS WHAT YOU DO, GET ON HERE AND PICK ON PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO SELL SOMETHING THEY ARE PROUD OF?

If you are not going to buy the bike I would appreciate it if you would leave my post alone.

Thank you,
James

When you are asking people for their money I think it is only fair that you stick to factual descriptions of what it is you are selling.
So you are now agreeing with me that you were wrong to claim the chain conversion saves more than five pounds of weight (unsprung or otherwise)?
When somebody advertises a bike with brand new regulator and battery the concern is clearly that the charging system has failed so it's good to confirm that it is actually working now. Since you said the regulator and battery are "brand new" you obviously haven't done much mileage to confirm it is in fact working - or they aren't brand new?
I am not picking on you in any way at all. I have simply corrected a plucked-from-the-sky statement you made as fact and asked you legitimate questions to clarify the condition of your bike for any potential buyers. If you were browing this thread as a buyer rather than the seller you might even appreciate it.
I have no doubt now that it is a nice clean bike that has had the charging system problem repaired.
Old 08-09-2010, 2:26 PM   #7

Reputation Power: 10
MidwesterneRR is a jewel in the rough MidwesterneRR is a jewel in the rough MidwesterneRR is a jewel in the rough

Dude.... Two things:

Thank you,
James
Weight is weight, a few lbs of rotating mass is a much bigger advantage but its not heavier or lighter, it is what it is.

Blade has good intentions, but that ones a dog on a bone

Good luck on the sale.

Edit: not to clutter your thread, but what went into the coil conversion? Ive never seen that done, im interested...
MidwesterneRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 5:24 PM   #8

Reputation Power: 26
Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future

Good luck with the sale, She looks MINT!
Hope you get to sell her.... But I'm with Bladeracer. Most people on here listen to his advice, so having a go at some simple suggestions is not the way to sell your bike.

41000 k's / mls's? That bike must have been resprayed / polished / powder coated... It looks remarkably clean!
All the best
Milzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 5:31 PM   #9

Rotating weight is heavier than static weight.

Sprung weight weighs the same as unsprung weight.

That is what I said in the first place.

If you reduce weight at the outside of a wheel it is worth more (noticeable difference) than reducing weight at the hub. This is easily provable. That is because the weight is rotating. Call Vortex if you need more of an explanation. I am done.

The bike has never been repainted. The only things powdercoated are the wheels and bar end weights.

I don't care who anyone is on a forum, I don't like being attacked. If you don't want the bike, stay away. I do appreciate the positive comments. If you guys don't like what I had to say when I advertised, then delete the post. If it makes some guy in another country happy, then call the weight savings 2 lbs. Who really cares on a 460lb bike.

James
Old 08-09-2010, 5:45 PM   #10

Reputation Power: 26
Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future Milzy has a brilliant future

With all due respect... The weight is the same regardless of whether it is spining or not. The centrepetal forces that act on the 'weight' along with speed, radious of gyration and accelleration can cause the the item to 'feel' heavier to the rider. The weight differences in a wheel or brake system will have more of an affect than the chain because the wheel has to rapidly change direction. Like the bicycle wheel analolgy you used. However, the chain does not change direction in the same way the front wheel does. Therefore, using the same calculation from, say, steel to mag wheels cannot be used on the weight of a chain. Also, the entire weight of the chain cannot be classed as unsprung weight. The one static support of the chain (front sprocket) is not part of the wheel / suspension system so the entire chain is not part of the unsrung weight.

Please feel free to quote and use technical information. But when I have spent years of my life studying mechanical engineering, I find it insulting that you think you know it all. The internet will not teach you everything, although very good a lot of the time!

I really do hope you sell the bike. She looks really nice. This isn't personal, but this site has been very helpful for me and I like to help people.

Stating facts and a good price along with any mods and pictures is sure to sell a bike of this caliber. Just leave it at that.

James, All the Best!
Matt
Milzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 6:25 PM   #11

I'm quoting Vortex' site:

Weight Reduction
Changing the sprocket to the Vortex aluminum rear sprocket and lightened front sprocket will eliminate considerable mass.
This can be further reduced by converting chain and sprockets to a 520 size.

In a side-by-side comparison of a typical front and rear sprocket, we found these results:
Front Sprocket Weight Savings: .11lb
Rear Sprocket Weight Savings: .525lb
Total Sprocket Weight Savings: .635lb
Estimated Rotating Mass Savings: 2.54lb

520 Conversion Sprocket/Chain savings: 2.145lb
Estimated Rotating Mass Savings: 8.58lb

-End Quote-

If you guys have a problem with the quote, talk to Vortex. I don't care. I just quoted what I purchased from arguably the best sprocket manufacturer in motorcycling. I even reduced the number to 5lbs!

Once again. Who cares anyway. I can't believe we are going to this much trouble about this. We must have nothing better to do. Wait, I do, so I'm going to go do it.

PLEASE STOP POSTING UNLESS YOU WANT TO BUY THE BIKE OR I WILL JUST DELETE EVERYTHING.
Old 08-09-2010, 6:56 PM   #12

Reputation Power: 10
MidwesterneRR is a jewel in the rough MidwesterneRR is a jewel in the rough MidwesterneRR is a jewel in the rough

I'm quoting Vortex' site:

Weight Reduction
Changing the sprocket to the Vortex aluminum rear sprocket and lightened front sprocket will eliminate considerable mass.
This can be further reduced by converting chain and sprockets to a 520 size.

In a side-by-side comparison of a typical front and rear sprocket, we found these results:
Front Sprocket Weight Savings: .11lb
Rear Sprocket Weight Savings: .525lb
Total Sprocket Weight Savings: .635lb
Estimated Rotating Mass Savings: 2.54lb

520 Conversion Sprocket/Chain savings: 2.145lb
Estimated Rotating Mass Savings: 8.58lb

-End Quote-

If you guys have a problem with the quote, talk to Vortex. I don't care. I just quoted what I purchased from arguably the best sprocket manufacturer in motorcycling. I even reduced the number to 5lbs!

Once again. Who cares anyway. I can't believe we are going to this much trouble about this. We must have nothing better to do. Wait, I do, so I'm going to go do it.

PLEASE STOP POSTING UNLESS YOU WANT TO BUY THE BIKE OR I WILL JUST DELETE EVERYTHING.
Vortex Racing Components - Sprockets, Handlebars, Rear Sets...

According to Vortex Racing "Rotating mass savings" is equivalent to 4X weight savings
MidwesterneRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 9:21 PM   #13
Global Moderator

That is what I said in the first place.
Rotating weight is not heavier. The effects it has on the bike are greater though. When did you say they were the same? Instead of trying to convince us that what you stated is correct, why not simply correct what you said so it is correct?

If you reduce weight at the outside of a wheel it is worth more (noticeable difference) than reducing weight at the hub. This is easily provable. That is because the weight is rotating. Call Vortex if you need more of an explanation. I am done.
Vortex aren't the guys selling the bike...

I don't care who anyone is on a forum, I don't like being attacked. If you don't want the bike, stay away. I do appreciate the positive comments. If you guys don't like what I had to say when I advertised, then delete the post. If it makes some guy in another country happy, then call the weight savings 2 lbs. Who really cares on a 460lb bike.
Attacked? Where did I attack you in any way at all? I've already explained the intentions of my questions but you're happier to think I have some personal agenda against you? Posts don't get deleted because you post an ad with an error in it, somebody merely asks you if what you posted is actually correct...I simply figured you'd made a typo originally.

You care or you wouldn't have made the statement in your ad.

It has nothing to do with making me happy, it's about ensuring a potential buyer comes away with exactly what they thought they were getting in the deal. It is all too common that somebody is selling a bike with a bad charging system, but instead of fixing the charging system they simply replace the battery and leave it to the next owner to sort out - that's why I asked you to confirm the bike is actually charging properly.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #14

I can weigh the bike on certified scales if a potential buyer asks.

If any POTENTIAL BUYERS want to dispute anything, I will be happy to talk with them.... otherwise, well.... you know.....

James
Old 08-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #15

Since I have caused so much grief about the sprockets, I figured I would drop the price a bit:

$3200

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Marketplace > Motorcycles For Sale

Search tags for this page
1994 cbr 900 for sale
1994 cbr 900rr for sale
1994 cbr900rr
1994 cbr900rr for sale
1994 honda cbr 900 for sale
1994 honda cbr 900rr
1994 honda cbr 900rr for sale

1994 honda cbr900rr for sale

94 cbr 900rr for sale
94 honda cbr 900 for sale

cbr900rr for sale

honda cbr 900rr for sale

Click on a term to search for related topics.