Re: Do you keep falling asleep in meetings/seminars?
Here's a way to change all that.
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference
call, prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5'x 5'
is a good size.
Divide the card into columns-five across and five down. That
will give you 25 one-inch blocks.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:
* strategic fit
* core competencies
* best practice
* bottom line
* take that off-line
* out of the loop
* think outside the box
* fast track
* empower (or empowerment)
* knowledge base
* at the end of the day
* touch base
* client focus(ed)
* game plan
3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or
diagonally, stand up and shout 'BULLSHIT!'
Testimonials from satisfied 'BullShit Bingo' players:
* 'I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I
won.'- Jack W., Boston
* 'My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically.'-
David D., Florida
* 'What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my
first win.'- Bill R., New York City
* 'The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14
of us waited for the fifth box.' - Ben G., Denver
* 'The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed 'BULLSHIT!'
for the third time in two hours.'-