Honda Motorcycle Forum
Honda Motorcycles
Navigation » Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic » Harmless Practical Jokes on Neighbors

Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2004, 11:07 AM   #1

Reputation Power: 26
Pete is a splendid one to behold Pete is a splendid one to behold Pete is a splendid one to behold Pete is a splendid one to behold Pete is a splendid one to behold Pete is a splendid one to behold Pete is a splendid one to behold
Harmless Practical Jokes on Neighbors

My neighbor and I have a constant battle going on, playing relatively harmless practical jokes on one another. Some of you may recall the story of me placing one of those rainbow (gay pride) decals on the back window of his Jeep Grand Cherokee (he rode around with it for about 3 weeks, getting all manner of stares and even cat-calls without knowing what was up).

A few weeks ago, while our 'hood was having its annual garage sale event, he put his old gas grill out on his driveway with a "Free Grill" sign on it. It was a piece of junk, and no one in their right mind would want it (and no one did). I was in the midst of some landscaping work in my backyard that day, and had a very small pile of dirt left on my driveway, not more than a cubic foot...it was mostly just spillage from my utility trailer that I'd swept up. To ridicule him, I put a sign on the mound that said "Free Dirt" and left it there all day, for all the shoppers to see.

That wasn't enough, though. Yesterday, I had to replace a toilet in one of our bathrooms. To make a long story short, all afternoon, under the pine tree in his front yard, there sat a very used toilet with a "Free Toilet" sign on it. To see the neighbors and other passers-by slow to gawk at it filled my afternoon with much humor.

His wife didn't seem to happy when she discovered it.

Last edited by Pete; 07-12-2004 at 11:09 AM.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-12-2004, 11:14 AM   #2

Reputation Power: 12
929_Nupe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 929_Nupe Send a message via MSN to 929_Nupe
Re: Harmless Practical Jokes on Neighbors

It seems more like you're abusing the neighbors. Has he retaliated or it a one-sided battle.

I did like the toilet idea ...nice touch.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too long before you break out the flaming bag of dog

Last edited by 929_Nupe; 07-12-2004 at 11:15 AM.
929_Nupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:27 AM   #3

Pete is a splendid one to behold Pete is a splendid one to behold Pete is a splendid one to behold Pete is a splendid one to behold Pete is a splendid one to behold Pete is a splendid one to behold Pete is a splendid one to behold

I'm up on him by a few "points," so my wife is a little worried about the forthcoming retribution.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:31 AM   #4

Reputation Power: 12
Newfie TLR is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pete
Snip....all afternoon, under the pine tree in his front yard, there sat a very used toilet with a "Free Toilet" sign on it. To see the neighbors and other passers-by slow to gawk at it filled my afternoon with much humor.
You should have put a magazine rack and a roll of bum-wad alongside of it.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:40 AM   #5

tigerblade is a splendid one to behold tigerblade is a splendid one to behold tigerblade is a splendid one to behold tigerblade is a splendid one to behold tigerblade is a splendid one to behold tigerblade is a splendid one to behold tigerblade is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Newfie TLR
Great idea!
tigerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:02 PM   #6
ER

Reputation Power: 14
ER will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ER

Originally Posted by Newfie TLR
Or take it a step further and sit out there on it while reading the paper.

That sounds pretty funny. The neighbors around us do the same thing but the jokes are a bit more invasive. When the couple next to us got married, a few of the other guys broke into their house and set up a film-studio in their bedroom with lights and all. They also took all the labels off of their canned goods.
ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:11 PM   #7

Reputation Power: 40
luvtolean has much to be proud of luvtolean has much to be proud of luvtolean has much to be proud of luvtolean has much to be proud of luvtolean has much to be proud of luvtolean has much to be proud of luvtolean has much to be proud of luvtolean has much to be proud of luvtolean has much to be proud of

So...what's he done to you?

...you are trying to insult me, and I agree it is very easy to do, if you haven't sufficient respect for yourself. - Tolstoy
luvtolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:19 PM   #8

Reputation Power: 15
GhostRider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to GhostRider

This could escalate into something really bad happening!
Old 07-12-2004, 12:49 PM   #9

tigerblade is a splendid one to behold tigerblade is a splendid one to behold tigerblade is a splendid one to behold tigerblade is a splendid one to behold tigerblade is a splendid one to behold tigerblade is a splendid one to behold tigerblade is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GhostRider
This could escalate into something really bad happening!
It's just Pete. Don't sweat it.
tigerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:50 PM   #10

Reputation Power: 13
Schwaberts is on a distinguished road

If he trusts you enough to let you into his house, you could really have some fun. For example, removing the shower head and dropping a few food color tablets in it, then replacing it makes for an interesting shower. Or using parental locks (if available) on their cable to lock them out of everything. Nothing harmful or destructive, but irratating none-the-less. I also had a friend who got a bunch of lawn gnomes at a garage sale set them up in a buddies yard like they were having a battle. Imagine about 15 lawn gnomes duking it out, the wounded laying in pieces all over the lawn.
Old 07-12-2004, 1:34 PM   #11

Originally Posted by luvtolean
So...what's he done to you?
The only one worth mentioning is the realtor's for sale sign he put in my yard while we were out of town one weekend. I just like to keep an upper hand, let him know that he should think twice before messing with me.
Old 07-12-2004, 1:37 PM   #12

Originally Posted by tigerblade
It's just Pete. Don't sweat it.
Old 07-12-2004, 1:57 PM   #13
ER

Originally Posted by Schwaberts
If he trusts you enough to let you into his house, you could really have some fun. For example, removing the shower head and dropping a few food color tablets in it, then replacing it makes for an interesting shower. Or using parental locks (if available) on their cable to lock them out of everything. Nothing harmful or destructive, but irratating none-the-less. I also had a friend who got a bunch of lawn gnomes at a garage sale set them up in a buddies yard like they were having a battle. Imagine about 15 lawn gnomes duking it out, the wounded laying in pieces all over the lawn.
Yeah, one of our buddies snuck into our apartment and did the color-thing to my roommate's shower. He went to shower the next morning and all I heard was a string of profanity come out of the bathroom...ha ha!

Last edited by ER; 07-12-2004 at 1:58 PM.
Old 07-12-2004, 1:59 PM   #14
ER

Originally Posted by Pete
To make a long story short, all afternoon, under the pine tree in his front yard, there sat a very used toilet with a "Free Toilet" sign on it.
I guess I should ask...was the "very used toilet" very-used as in it had seen a lot of butts? Or was it very-used as in very recently used, with poop stewing in it on his front lawn?

Last edited by ER; 07-12-2004 at 2:00 PM.
Old 07-12-2004, 2:21 PM   #15

Originally Posted by ER
I guess I should ask...was the "very used toilet" very-used as in it had seen a lot of butts? Or was it very-used as in very recently used, with poop stewing in it on his front lawn?
The former. Even I have my limits.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Search tags for this page
front yard practical jokes
funny practical for neighbors
harmless neighborhood pranks

jokes about neighbors

neighbor practical jokes

practical jokes neighbors

practical jokes on neighbors

practical jokes to play on neighbors
practical jokes to play on neighbors in their yards
practical yard jokes
yard practical jokes
yard pranks for neighbors
Click on a term to search for related topics.