Donald Trump - Page 3 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Politics Discussion of Politics. Heated discussions are expected with this subject matter. If you don't have a thick skin, stay away. If you would like to block posts from this forum, see here.

User Tag List

34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 89 Old 05-16-2016, 7:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Donald Trump

if you have no forgiveness in your heart you'll never make it through marriage...very few secrets in marriage that aren't kept without a lifetime of lies...zp...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 89 Old 05-16-2016, 8:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

good luck...zb...
post #33 of 89 Old 05-16-2016, 6:33 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1926 View Post
Zing, that's entirely defined by the individual and their belief system. Today it's in my opinion very flawed or compromised as the practice has become commonplace.
But I'm not a cow in the herd that just trots along off the cliff with everyone else, sorry.
Somethings are not forgivable. Some things are.

A marriage is a life long vow. You never call a contract a vow, yet people abide by contracts every day. A vow is far more serious, and people don't even forgive a breech of a contract.

If someone in the relationship is screwing an intern with their power as a lure, what marriage do you call that? A one sided relationship is not a relationship, it's co-dependency among many other psychologically flawed labels. Its a matter of perspective.

To censor myself here, when you're wife has tasted another man, if you can go back to bed with her and not for a second think of that when you kiss her, than your heart is MUCH bigger than mine.
Everything else, is just a lesser "family crime" that I can live with.

To illustrate,
you get a speeding ticket, you pay, and walk away, but too many tickets has a consequence. You run instead of pull over, you have an even greater consequence. That is our society of community control. Citations and infractions to arrests and felony charges. Who are you? Same in marriage. I'll forgive the citations and infractions to a point as long as improvement comes later, but one "felony" bedroom drama, that felony follows her for life. I couldn't forget it or forgive it. But that's just me. Just like a motorcycle, I can always get another one, and have. Rant over.
Whoa brother.....caught your wife cheating did you?.....sorry about that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 89 Old 05-17-2016, 6:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 117

Garage

Quote:
Zing, that's entirely defined by the individual and their belief system. Today it's in my opinion very flawed or compromised as the practice has become commonplace.
But I'm not a cow in the herd that just trots along off the cliff with everyone else, sorry.
Somethings are not forgivable. Some things are.

A marriage is a life long vow. You never call a contract a vow, yet people abide by contracts every day. A vow is far more serious, and people don't even forgive a breech of a contract.

If someone in the relationship is screwing an intern with their power as a lure, what marriage do you call that? A one sided relationship is not a relationship, it's co-dependency among many other psychologically flawed labels. Its a matter of perspective.

To censor myself here, when you're wife has tasted another man, if you can go back to bed with her and not for a second think of that when you kiss her, than your heart is MUCH bigger than mine.
Everything else, is just a lesser "family crime" that I can live with.

To illustrate,
you get a speeding ticket, you pay, and walk away, but too many tickets has a consequence. You run instead of pull over, you have an even greater consequence. That is our society of community control. Citations and infractions to arrests and felony charges. Who are you? Same in marriage. I'll forgive the citations and infractions to a point as long as improvement comes later, but one "felony" bedroom drama, that felony follows her for life. I couldn't forget it or forgive it. But that's just me. Just like a motorcycle, I can always get another one, and have. Rant over.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #35 of 89 Old 05-17-2016, 1:25 PM

Garage

You didn't step into anything with me 1926. I've been married and faithful for 27 years, as has my wife (99.9% sure anyway) and I do not disagree with your post. I just ran across this vid, saw the quote from Leviticus 20:10 at the outset and I couldn't help posting it. It's all good.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #36 of 89 Old 05-18-2016, 3:56 AM
Greenie

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 181

Trump is a dangerous egomaniac, (reminds me rummydummyrumsfeld), HC is a ha.bitch.ual liar.
Be a spoiler and vote third party. It's godammed time to scrap this two party stranglehold and stop accepting the lesser of two evils.

Republicans in congress have already vowed to stonewall and gridlock Trump, and I don't see HC getting to much more traction than Trump would. These people talk and talk and talk about change. Bullshit. I'm 56 and have been following elections since G. McGovern ran against Nixon in 1972. Not much has changed since then except the Hundreds of Millions of dollars they spend to stand in front of us and make empty promises.

Feeling really positive tonight.

No matter who wins, I for one, am not the kind to claim I'm going to leave for another country to live. I LOVE my country. Just not the people and corporations who run it.

Trump/Nugent 2016
post #37 of 89 Old 05-18-2016, 11:13 PM
Greenie

1926, Great post! Good read.
When I said nothing has changed, I meant in the context of empty promises.
They all want to make changes, they promise they will, get elected, then blame congress (usually rightfully so) when they fail to deliver. What makes anyone think Trump can wave his magic (caustic) tounge and do any better than his predecessors? Because he promises too? Right...
If Trump (or HC) wins, I see the continuation of the middleclass vanishing, the wildly out of control greedy greedy ceo's accumulating even more wealth and the power of manipulation that comes with it, and a continuation of plundering our planet's natural resources. He's a .01 percenter who i believe has nothing in common with the working class he says he's going to save. I call bullshit. I've heard, but not fact checked, he's declared bankruptcy a few times, leaving all the people involved holding the bag and losing their jobs. He's outsourced some of his business ventures to China. I believe he will continue to spend Billions and Billions fueling the war industry. A wall across the entire Mexican border? Really? No Muslims whatsoever allowed to immigrate thru our extremely complex immigration system? What's next, internment camps? For all his faults, at least W.Bush tried to improve relations with Mexico, not slam the door shut. I say tried, don't really know that he succeeded.
Finally, I see him as being a man totally inept with foreign policy. We have no idea who his advisors will be. That really concerns me.

We definitely see things thru different eyes.
But that's fine. I respect opposing opinions from people, no judgement attached. I only ask the same from those people.

Cheers
post #38 of 89 Old 05-18-2016, 11:26 PM
Greenie

1926: on a tangent here, I'm curious how you chose you screenname? I doubt you're 90 years old.
post #39 of 89 Old 05-19-2016, 3:21 AM
Supporting Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

You know, he's not even that successful. If he had have simply invested the inheritance that daddy Trump gave him instead of making dickhead ego-maniacal moves all his life he'd be about 8 times wealthier today.
post #40 of 89 Old 05-19-2016, 8:06 AM
Supporting Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

I will not fault Trump for making his money using the assets and rules at his disposal (the tax code, bankruptcy law, cheap labor, etc.….) that is the way our currently system works, good bad or indifferent. With that, if people really want to change the course of the world they need to look a little closer to home and vote in their local elections. Look at the representatives they elect to represent them in there state. Look at the congress people they elect from there state and send to Washington. The powers of the office president is limited. It is congress that makes changes that effect the country. You do not see industry sending lobbyist to the president , they send them to congress. They spend billions to change law to meet their needs and the general public ignores this fact. Until people start to pay attention to how the representatives they elect into power spend their time and how they vote on the laws and polices brought before them and then speak up as to what is important to them, this will be the nature of politics in this country . I am sorry that I got on my soap box again. I know I do not have the popular view. And I thank you for listening (reading) my rant.

This is why I don’t discuss politics.

fall down 7 times, get up 8
post #41 of 89 Old 05-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Supporting Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

Quote:
To be clear, I am NOT voting for Trump guys, just adding perspective. Call the guy an egomaniac, that's fine. Laugh at his wall ideas. But the man doesn't forward emails after violating a security clearance with such a crime. Again, lesser of two evils.
Not all dickhead moves, everyone wants to do business with the guy, so that should tell you he's not a risk to do business with. He wouldn't be where he's at today if banks thought the same as you do about him. Every day wealthy investors take risks, they accept it as an every day thing, and to make it, they never stop taking risks. Once you do, you become some paycheck worker playing it safe, living in mediocrity. It takes something to make money as he has. I know Clinton was in the kitchen more than he was!

Let me start by saying, don’t ever apologize or feel the need to explain your choice in who you are voting for. It is a personal choice as to who you believe will do the best job in public office. This right is guaranteed by the constitution, given to all citizens by the blood that was spilled by the volunteers who fought for those rights and every solder sailor marine and airman that defend the United States of America!!!

My first rant in this thread was a statement of MY opinion. It was meant to speak to my belief in the current state of politics. Not to belittle, disparage or to change any one’s mind in who they feel would be the best choice.

My second rant was my frustration in the lack of understanding in how our political system works. This lack of understanding seems to be pervasive in this country and I find it sad. I love my country, I had the Honor to wear the uniform and defend this great nation. I know I made light of this a little when I stated that I was going to look into moving to Ireland, but it was an attempt a lividity.

Voicing your opinion without fear of reprisal is guaranteed to you by the first amendment . debate and open dialog is the right of everyone. It makes life interesting. Use it, embrace it shout it from the roof tops if that is what you need. (just don’t keep the Nabors awake they need to go to work in the morning).

I really need to stop looking at this thread. This is what you get from the guy that lives in the “Live Free or Die” state. (that is the state motto of New Hampshire)

fall down 7 times, get up 8
post #42 of 89 Old 05-19-2016, 1:25 PM

Garage

Just remembered I paused the T.V. and snapped this last year, I hope Miss Mexico was satisfied first...

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM01226.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	64488

post #43 of 89 Old 05-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Global Moderator

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Moved out of general motorcycling to politics.
post #44 of 89 Old 05-26-2016, 1:40 AM
President Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 74

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanbrown View Post
Moved out of general motorcycling to politics.
Hi Ian, Ian here. 3 years for me on blades, never heard from you before. And now your moving threads. I love it.

, although you've been here for a while

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #45 of 89 Old 05-26-2016, 1:48 AM
Global Moderator

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

My name isn't Ian. I'm a mod from the forums past. I took sometime off....like 7 years.

I can do more than just move threads too.

To stay on topic. Politics suck...politicians blow.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Politics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page