Donald Trump - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Politics Discussion of Politics. Heated discussions are expected with this subject matter. If you don't have a thick skin, stay away. If you would like to block posts from this forum, see here.

User Tag List

34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 89 Old 05-03-2016, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 87

Donald Trump

Hello all, long time no post!!! For something completely different I would like to ascertain what the overall feeling is on the possibilty of Donald Trump actually becoming the President of the USA as he narrows on actually becoming a candidate for the presidency. I realize politics are a personal topic and appreciate and understand if you would not like to share your thoughts. But as I watch the surprising rise of this individual I often wonder what people around the world and especially the United States think.........passing fancy or real leader???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 89 Old 05-03-2016, 2:48 PM
Greenie

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 181

Re: Donald Trump

I thought he was going to be a flash in the pan.
His core support seems to be growing much more than I would have ever predicted.
There's a bit of a buzz that he could get votes from Dem's who just refuse to vote for Hillary.
Personally, I can't stand the guy.
post #3 of 89 Old 05-03-2016, 3:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

I really don't envy US voters, I wouldn't want either of them as a president. "Caught between a rock and a hard place" is the expression that springs to mind.

Clinton comes across as a dishonest, ass covering, hard nosed bitch. To me she is one of the most unlikable presidential candidates this side of North Korea.

Trump's straight speaking/lack of political correctness was initially a breath of fresh air, but he's taken that way too far on many occasions, to the point of xenophobia and white nationalism. His regular about turns and general volatility don't inspire confidence in his ability as an American president.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 89 Old 05-03-2016, 4:27 PM
Supporting Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Im on the other side of the world and Im scared. He's a dangerous moron.
post #5 of 89 Old 05-03-2016, 5:09 PM
President Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 73

Garage

I'm an independent, but never voted democratic. I'm no politician following whacko either. It's probably my worst understood profession. I don't follow it, don't watch CNN, CNBC, FOXNEWS, or any other. I hear bits and pieces, my father in law is a political nut job. He's into the conspiracies, back room talk, and money following. It's a huge scam of "power following wing nuts" who get paid far too much to talk about nothing and brain wash people.

I like Trump because he's not a politician, he wants to "own" America. Is that bad? Not sure, but I love how he wants his country to be "great again", put us back on the map as we should be. Can he do it? Not alone, which is how any president works. It's the people who "advise" you as to what to do. The country is really run by 4 to 6 buddies in the back room sitting around the poker table with piles of money. They call the shots, and the President takes the heat, good or not.

The debt will never go away, the spending will never stop, taxes will always rise, cost of living will always go up, and disasters (natural or otherwise) will continue, war will be inevitable whether against religion, terrorists, drugs, sovereign citizens, each other, it's never going to "stop", especially in our lifetime.

Connecticut and New York are in such sh!t right now. Huge misuse of $$$, giant deficits, crooks, all of them. Trump too? He's had his fair share of money issues, but Clinton????? Absolutely no way America would benefit with her face as President. I mean seriously, so much controversy. Get a clue.

Now that I've opened up a can of worms I'll shut up. Not like me to air this type of crap, but hey, WTF

I would much rather post pics of my bikes and complain that they're never done

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #6 of 89 Old 05-03-2016, 6:28 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 87

Thanks fellas....it is interesting to me because in Canada our new Prime Minister is an ultra soft, left wing ex drama teacher with no experience and the States has what appears to be the exact opposite in the making for your next top dog......2 countries so close in geography yet so diverse in politics....
post #7 of 89 Old 05-03-2016, 8:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 5

Feelin the BERN !!!

Beyond fear is freedom.
post #8 of 89 Old 05-03-2016, 8:42 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39

we've got a choice of someone who has a history of paying off politicians to get what hewants... and a politician who is used to getting paid off so that her constituants get what they want... and they both hate each other. I'm moving to broke-*ss Puerto Rico. This isn't the country I fought for. I'm just glad I still have a job and can support my family.

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #9 of 89 Old 05-03-2016, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 37

im a felon.

"Find what you love and let it kill you" Charles Bukowski
post #10 of 89 Old 05-04-2016, 5:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 117

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenelliBlade View Post
I really don't envy US voters, I wouldn't want either of them as a president. "Caught between a rock and a hard place" is the expression that springs to mind.

Clinton comes across as a dishonest, ass covering, hard nosed bitch. To me she is one of the most unlikable presidential candidates this side of North Korea.

Trump's straight speaking/lack of political correctness was initially a breath of fresh air, but he's taken that way too far on many occasions, to the point of xenophobia and white nationalism. His regular about turns and general volatility don't inspire confidence in his ability as an American president.
My sentiments exactly, . Couldn't have said it better. Trump is way to impulsive and volatile to lead this or any nation to greatness. That being said, I love my country, but the thought of Hillary being elected has me checking in to the possibility of relocating for 4-8 years, depending on the stupidity of the voters. Somewhere the government can be trusted to execute the will of it's people, Viva Mexico!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #11 of 89 Old 05-04-2016, 5:02 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Kevin View Post
im a felon.
That's oaky, so are most politicians. Some just haven't been caught yet. At least you admitted it, Kevin for Prez!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #12 of 89 Old 05-04-2016, 8:55 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

Garage

The advantage with our current cabinet is that they are so individually wealthy they don't need to be corrupt!

I worry for you guys if Trump gets in, he has some very extreme right wing views, which is fine in the pub but tends not to work in practice!

We moan over here but we have a fairly liberal government and generally the country is reasonably well run, not perfect, not always fair, but reasonably well run, there aren't too many surprises and Britain is a pleasant, safe, easy place to live.

1994 Urban Tiger Project

"Endless motorbike talk can and does bore me" - Barry Sheene
post #13 of 89 Old 05-04-2016, 10:14 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
The advantage with our current cabinet is that they are so individually wealthy they don't need to be corrupt!

I worry for you guys if Trump gets in, he has some very extreme right wing views, which is fine in the pub but tends not to work in practice!

We moan over here but we have a fairly liberal government and generally the country is reasonably well run, not perfect, not always fair, but reasonably well run, there aren't too many surprises and Britain is a pleasant, safe, easy place to live.
Well said. Safe as long as you're not rooting for Manchester United in Chelsea, or vice-versa, right?

post #14 of 89 Old 05-04-2016, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 24

Except much worse than normal......

Honda CBR 954RR (Leslie)
Suzuki SV650-K2
post #15 of 89 Old 05-04-2016, 12:31 PM

Garage

^^ Amen too that!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Politics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page